We've been really blessed with special QBs in our generation

A

AntiKhrist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't wait until Aaron Rodgers is considered one of the greats. lol :)

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't wait until Aaron Rodgers is considered one of the greats. lol :)

He's on his way, this guy is a stud. I think Green Bay is going to be blessed with great QB play for 25+ years with Favre and him.

liv3player

liv3player

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed

There is easily 3 active HoF QB's right now in Manning,Brady,and Brees.Aaron Rogers is on his way for sure,it's the reason Green Bay let Favre go to Jets in the first place.I still think it is un-just to give so much to a Rookie QB who has yet to throw a pass in the NFL,I mean seriously look at J.Russel(bust) along with so many more,I think rookie deals should be limited,Its just not right to all the players who have paved the way and are getting screwed pay wise.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is easily 3 active HoF QB's right now in Manning,Brady,and Brees.Aaron Rogers is on his way for sure,it's the reason Green Bay let Favre go to Jets in the first place.I still think it is un-just to give so much to a Rookie QB who has yet to throw a pass in the NFL,I mean seriously look at J.Russel(bust) along with so many more,I think rookie deals should be limited,Its just not right to all the players who have paved the way and are getting screwed pay wise.

Aaron Rodgers is NOT on his way to the HOF.

LMFAO

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aaron Rodgers is NOT on his way to the HOF.

LMFAO

hahahha i had to laugh at that as well. Let's see Rodgers play like last season for another 10 years and/or lead his team to 2 superbowls first.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hahahha i had to laugh at that as well. Let's see Rodgers play like last season for another 10 years and/or lead his team to 2 superbowls first.

+1

If Aaron Rodgers is on his way than so is Jake Delhomme.

At least Jake has been to a Super Bowl....

LOL

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Time will tell. I'm not a Packers fan but I see Rogers being one of the top QBs in the league for years to come now. I can easily see him having a HOF career.

ckingriches

ckingriches

Lucky Multiple League MVP
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not convince Brees is yet a Hall of Famer, and certainly Rodgers has a lot to prove over a lot of years before that claim can be made. Recently retired Kurt Warner, because of his Super Bowl production, is probably going to end up there.

If Donovan McNabb ever wins a Super Bowl, he's probably in. But I don't think he'll ever get it done.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With a better offensive line Aaron Rodgers definitely has the potential to get a SuperBowl ring or two...

P.S. jho, pleaseeeeeeeee!!!!, Next time you want to start a thread talking about "blessed with special QBs" I want the name TIM TEBOW in the first sentence of the post!!!

tim-tebow-new-hair-cut.jpg

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a better offensive line Aaron Rodgers definitely has the potential to get a SuperBowl ring or two...

P.S. jho, pleaseeeeeeeee!!!!, Next time you want to start a thread talking about "blessed with special QBs" I want the name TIM TEBOW in the first sentence of the post!!!

tim-tebow-new-hair-cut.jpg

Tim Tebow is not going to be as effective as everyone thinks.

Just you wait. It won't be pretty.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love Tim Tebow though I'm not crazy about him. I think his development track is on the 2 year sitting and watching state, though in years 1 and 2 i could see him getting some time in the wildcat. He is really awful fundamentally and has a lot to learn. But with his mentality i won't bet anything against him.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tim Tebow is not going to be as effective as everyone thinks.

Just you wait. It won't be pretty.

Don't get fooled by his harcut!!! :D

I love Tim Tebow though I'm not crazy about him. I think his development track is on the 2 year sitting and watching state, though in years 1 and 2 i could see him getting some time in the wildcat. He is really awful fundamentally and has a lot to learn. But with his mentality i won't bet anything against him.

You gotta say it, the Kid definitely has Heart... won't bet against him either....

nateofdeath

nateofdeath

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-brees081210

Brady, Manning, Brees
You know Favre and Warner are probably going to get in the HOF too.

And we have a good group of younger guys stepping up and producing.

i think the record holder in all QB catagories has a better chance than 'probably' getting into the hall of fame.

but seriously, marino, elway and montana were a better class imo, as were unitus, starr and bradshaw, as were the generation before that. It all depends on what u grew up with.

-n

SlySwagga

SlySwagga

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Our media has us thinkin upside down. Rings are a TEAM effort. I dont know who started connectin rings to individual players. That irritates me.

We've had great all around athletes in our lifetime and i think it has a lot to do w technology and the game evolving.

God knows how good players will be in 2055.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5480191

This should mean at least that Tebow has time to develop. I think the thing that would hurt Tebow most would be to throw him out there in the fire right now. It wouldn't give him the time he needs to process the system and all he'd really amount to would be as an option QB that depended on his legs.

He certainly doesn't have the skill set that Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco has - he needs time to observe the game speed from the side line.

I don't think Tebow will be able to run as much in the NFL as he did in college because everyone is bigger and faster. The Broncos should use him in select packages on select downs at first and then gradually work him into the offense.

They should do what most teams dont do - rotate QB's throughout the game.