Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Main Card:
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Rashad Evans - #1 Contender's Match for the Light Heavyweight (205) Title
Michael Bisping vs. Dan Miller - Middleweights (185)
Todd Duffee vs. Mike Russow - Heavyweights (265)
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Jason Brilz - Light Heavyweights (205)
Diego Sanchez vs. John Hathaway - Welterweights (170)

Free on SpikeTV
:
Amir Sadollah vs. Dong Hyun Kim - Welterweights (170)
Efrain Escudaro vs. Dan Lauzon - Lightweights (155)

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My picks:

Rampage via KO in the 2nd
Miller via UD
Duffee via KO in the 2nd
Nogueira via SUB in the 1st
Sanchez via SUB in the 1st
Kim via UD
Lauzon via SUB in the 1st

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Evans Via UD
Bisping Via KO in the 2nd
Duffer Via KO in the 1st
Nogueira Via UD
Sanchez Via UD...is this the first fight for Diego since his loss to BJ? could be rusty
Sadollah Via UD
Lauzon Via SUB in the 1st

u really think rampage is gonna KO evans? that hurts...lol i dont wanna see rashad get KO'd....i put evans winning my UD because i hope he will do what he did to silva...although if Rashad wants to stand and bang with rampage he has proven he has the skills to do so..just think the smarter decision and game plan would be to take him down..rampage is such a douchebag COME ON RASHAD!!!

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
What's going to matter most is how much ring-rust is on Rampage. He hasn't fought in a long time! All while Rashad is staying in shape, gettin' fights and he is lookin' good doin' it.

A Rampage on his A-game will beat a Rashad on his A-game... Rashad's got the speed, but Rampage has the strength, and he has accuracy. Rashad's best bet is to stick and move. If Rashad wins, it will be by UD.. I don't see him winning any other way.. but I think Rampage can connect and take him out.. or he'll do some ground n' pound.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well guess we'll have to wait and see...id love to see rashad stand and bang..would love to...also the conditioning of rampage should be a factor...rashad can go a full 3 rounds no problem..rampage will probably get tired after the second hell maybe after the first..RASHAD NEEDS THAT BELT BACK haha.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
well guess we'll have to wait and see...id love to see rashad stand and bang..would love to...also the conditioning of rampage should be a factor...rashad can go a full 3 rounds no problem..rampage will probably get tired after the second hell maybe after the first..RASHAD NEEDS THAT BELT BACK haha.

Rampage doesn't have a problem with conditioning. Did you forget he went 5 rounds and beat Dan Henderson? He also went 5 rounds with Forrest Griffin, which he lost.. but was very very close.. took a beating to his legs half the fight and kept coming.

He also fought in Pride which had 10 minute rounds.. winning a few in the 7th and 8th minute, including the KO slam against Ricardo Arona 8 minutes into the fight.

I don't see conditioning being a problem for either of them.

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope Rampage KOs Evans. I wasn't really a fan of his until I saw how damn funny he is when he coached Ultimate Fighter. I'm a fan now.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Just watched the weigh-ins.. and Rampage looks good! I've never seen him so lean in my life.. I was afraid that he may be a bit out of shape.. but he wasn't kidding when he said he hasn't trained this hard for a fight.. he looked like he could have been a 185 lb'er, but he weighed in at 205 exactly. I hope he didn't overtrain for this fight.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just watched the weigh-ins.. and Rampage looks good! I've never seen him so lean in my life.. I was afraid that he may be a bit out of shape.. but he wasn't kidding when he said he hasn't trained this hard for a fight.. he looked like he could have been a 185 lb'er, but he weighed in at 205 exactly. I hope he didn't overtrain for this fight.

LOL you thought he looked IN SHAPE?..o man bro...that dude looks like he lost ALL of his muscle mass...ALL OF IT...man...thats so crazy, he used to be a huge monster now he looks like a little boy...

now rashad....rashad looked in shape...dear christ i wouldn mess with him, can tell rashad trained like a beast for this fight and i pray to god he knocks rampage the F*** out.. rampage admitted hes funny because he trys to...he trys so hard to be a comedian its ridiculous...hes your typical school bully who like to pick on other people and gets off on putting people down...well rashad is not taking his shit and rampage doesn know what to think of it but get pissed off...rashad is gonna tear rampage a new one and i cant wait for the world to see how good rashad really is

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Rampage lost a lot of fat is what he did... though, I do think he got too lean. He'll be ready, but I hope he hasn't sacrificed some power to gain some speed.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The judge's strike again... Jason Brilz was imposing his will on Lil Nog, and definitely had rounds 1 and 2... round 3 was up in the air, but I don't know how 2 judges scored it 29-28 for Lil Nog.... Brilz was a great sport, though.. dude has a future in the UFC, and almost submitted Lil Nog with a guillotine choke.. the ref almost called it, but stopped himself.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
**SPOILERS**

Well, Rashad won by decision.. but he didn't really impressed me. He held Rampage up against the cage for 2 rounds, and Rampage almost got the best of him in the 3rd round, nailed Rashad with a couple of shots and he dropped and Rampage was just wailing on him.. the ref almost called it, but Rashad grabbed onto Rampage and held on to dear life and survived the onslaught.

Looks like Rashad is up against Shogun next for the title. Shogun will maul him.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
**SPOILERS**

Well, Rashad won by decision.. but he didn't really impressed me. He held Rampage up against the cage for 2 rounds, and Rampage almost got the best of him in the 3rd round, nailed Rashad with a couple of shots and he dropped and Rampage was just wailing on him.. the ref almost called it, but Rashad grabbed onto Rampage and held on to dear life and survived the onslaught.

Looks like Rashad is up against Shogun next for the title. Shogun will maul him.

Bro i COMPLETELY agree about the lil nog fight...brilz was completely rocking him...how can they give the fight to nog? same with the bisping fight imo....i thought dan miller held his own really well...bisping was a lot more accurate...but miller threw way more and connected more.

on to the big one...

Rashad is the F***ing man, i dont care what anyone says....you say that Rashad didn impress ya bud? how about Rampage...what did he do for ya? Rampage looked like a little punk bitch....all he did was stand in the center of the ring and watch Rashads awesome footwork..Rashad didn impress me...but sure as hell didn dissappoint me...totally came through...

RASHAD ALMOST KO'd RAMPAGE IN THE FIRST 15 SECONDS!!!! omg that was so nasty....amazing...rampage go back to doing movies man, you dont belong in the octagon anymore...after alll the shit talking rampage did about how hard he trained and no way it will go 3 rounds...STFU man you just got your ass served!!

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Bro i COMPLETELY agree about the lil nog fight...brilz was completely rocking him...how can they give the fight to nog? same with the bisping fight imo....i thought dan miller held his own really well...bisping was a lot more accurate...but miller threw way more and connected more.

on to the big one...

Rashad is the F***ing man, i dont care what anyone says....you say that Rashad didn impress ya bud? how about Rampage...what did he do for ya? Rampage looked like a little punk bitch....all he did was stand in the center of the ring and watch Rashads awesome footwork..Rashad didn impress me...but sure as hell didn dissappoint me...totally came through...

RASHAD ALMOST KO'd RAMPAGE IN THE FIRST 15 SECONDS!!!! omg that was so nasty....amazing...rampage go back to doing movies man, you dont belong in the octagon anymore...after alll the shit talking rampage did about how hard he trained and no way it will go 3 rounds...STFU man you just got your ass served!!

Rampage didn't impress me, either.. at least not in the first 2 rounds. He didn't take charge like he usually does, and he stayed back and waited, and Rashad controlled the fight. Rashad didn't almost KO Rampage.. he hit him and almost knocked him down, Rampage was fine, he stumbled a bit and that was it.

Rashad did win the fight, though.. he looked better than Rampage did, but it was still boring.. I just don't like the fights where they are wrestled against the cage most of the time (Randy Couture has been doing this a lot lately, too......) but hey, whatever wins the fight, I guess. I don't see Rashad getting the belt again, though.

Same with Michael Bisping.. I don't like him at all. He's very boring, especially in his recent fights.. stands in the middle of the ring and throws jabs, and then goes on to say how he thinks he's one of the best fighters in the world. Now, Rashad is probably one of the best 205 lbers in the world (I've just never been a big fan, personally.. and he talks just as much shit as Rampage does, just handles it differently)... Bisping on the other hand.. he's a good mediocre talent for the UFC. A gatekeeper, maybe.

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
oh man I missed this one and still have not even tried to watch a stream or anything...IM waitin on the dvd but camped at the cottage over the weekend and missed the fight! But I know who won tho :):):):):):)

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/'rampage'-jackson-hit-for-gay-slurs

So, apparently Rampage is being critisized up and down for saying, "Acting is kind of gay … it makes you soft,"... using a 'gay slur'.... yet, no one is going after Michael Bisping after he was talking at the UFC 114 post fight conference about getting a bit too much vasoline on his face before his fight with Dan Miller, he said, he didn't "want to look like a faggot"..... I think that is a bit more extreme than calling acting "gay".

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/'rampage'-jackson-hit-for-gay-slurs

So, apparently Rampage is being critisized up and down for saying, "Acting is kind of gay … it makes you soft,"... using a 'gay slur'.... yet, no one is going after Michael Bisping after he was talking at the UFC 114 post fight conference about getting a bit too much vasoline on his face before his fight with Dan Miller, he said, he didn't "want to look like a faggot"..... I think that is a bit more extreme than calling acting "gay".

people need to chill on the gay shit for real...if somebody wants to say gay people dont need to be overreacting about it like other words. That was the first time i actually laughed at something that came out of that faggot bispings mouth..that was hilarious hahaha and Dana was like "learn from my mistakes" as he laughed his ass off to. Almost like somebody in the audience said something right when he said it.

Another note that post fight press conference was one of the best ive seen. Rampage admitted rashad was better, no excuses...i respected that...and than that one reporter was like...so rampage..u guys burry the hatchet now....rampage thinks...."hell no rashad can kiss my ass....he fought a good fight but...he can kiss my black ass" ...i literally rofl'd haha so funny.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
people need to chill on the gay shit for real...if somebody wants to say gay people dont need to be overreacting about it like other words. That was the first time i actually laughed at something that came out of that faggot bispings mouth..that was hilarious hahaha and Dana was like "learn from my mistakes" as he laughed his ass off to. Almost like somebody in the audience said something right when he said it.

Another note that post fight press conference was one of the best ive seen. Rampage admitted rashad was better, no excuses...i respected that...and than that one reporter was like...so rampage..u guys burry the hatchet now....rampage thinks...."hell no rashad can kiss my ass....he fought a good fight but...he can kiss my black ass" ...i literally rofl'd haha so funny.

haha, yeah.. I was laughing about that, too... Rashad just smiled and laughed and goes, "Yeah, Rampage can kiss my black ass, too." In a normal tone of voice. I thought that was funny.

Rampage and Rashad gained a lot of respect for each other after this fight.. they still don't like each other as people, though lol.