UFC 112 Predictions!

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Champ Anderson Silva vs. Demian Maia for middleweight title — Silva is the most technical striker in the UFC. Maia may be its best jiu-jitsu guy but Silva has a black belt in that as well. Only concern is that last time Silva fought a fellow Brazilian (Thales Leites at UFC 97) it looked more like a slap and tickle fight with too many high fives and butt pats and not enough action. Prediction: Silva has learned from his last outing against a fellow countryman. Silva by second round TKO
Champ B.J. Penn vs. Frankie Edgar for lightweight title — Frankie Edgar is a great wrestler with explosive speeed. Penn is one of the most rounded fighters on the planet and has disposed of the who’s who of the 155-pound class. Prediction: Penn by third round stoppage.
Matt Hughes vs. Renzo Gracie — A battle of the legends. Gracie has been idle for the past three years but has a stellar resume. Hughes has been more active but has lost two of his last three fights. One thing for certain: this one’s going to the ground. Prediction: Hughes by decision.
Rafael dos Anjos vs. Terry Etim — Etim is riding a four fight win streak while dos Anjos has lost two of his last four. Size will be a huge factor as dos Anjos gives up six inches to the English fighter. Prediction: Etim by decision
Kendall Grove vs. Mark Munoz — Decorated wrestler Mark Munoz looked great in his last fight and his power may be too much for gangly Kendall Grove. Prediction: Munoz by second round TKO.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Silva def. Maia via KO
Penn def. Edgar via TKO
Hughes def. Gracie via SUB (I want to go with Gracie.. but I don't think he can do it)
Etim def. dos Anjos via SUB
Munoz def. Grove via UD

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Silva by KO

BJ Penn by submission

Hughes TKO

Etim by TKO

Grove by submission

Snow :cool:

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Silva by KO

Penn by submission

Gracie by SD

Etim by submission

Munoz by TKO

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If anyone is interested... the results are being posted, since it it Saturday night in Abu Dhabi right now, it's going on now.. but will be televised on PPV later tonight. All fights have concluded except for Silva/Maia.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/04/10/ufc-112-results-silva-vs-maia-penn-vs-edgar-gracie-vs-hugh/

yea i noticed that! it was weird to me that it was avail. at 7 and 10est...cant wait for the rampage and evans to square off tho...oh boy! good headsup on the link but i will wait for fights..havin a little shindigg:D

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
anyone watch the fights today? i watched them online....they sucked

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
what a disgrace...so not lookin forward to the kimbo fight...HOPE he gets smashed...but evans and rampage I must see...

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Frankie Edgar, new lightweight champion!

I'm sure we'll be seeing a rematch.

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Frankie Edgar, new lightweight champion!

I'm sure we'll be seeing a rematch.

omg i hope so...like wth hell was BJ doing...he got tookdown twice that was weird to see...youd figure he would atleast try to wrestle but he looked like a totally different fighter...and silva is just a beast!

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I still think Urijah Faber should move up to UFC' lightweight division... just mess up that whole division a bit :D

Before he lost the featherweight title to Mike Brown... Faber's only loss was against now UFC lightweight contender, Tyson Griffin (who's 14-2, and first loss was against now UFC lightweight champion, Frankie Edgar).

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I still think Urijah Faber should move up to UFC' lightweight division... just mess up that whole division a bit :D

Before he lost the featherweight title to Mike Brown... Faber's only loss was against now UFC lightweight contender, Tyson Griffin (who's 14-2, and first loss was against now UFC lightweight champion, Frankie Edgar).

yea i like him..hes WEC right?...hey do you kno anything about Dana White makin it up to the fans for the poor Main Event in Abu Dahbi??? Hopefully the kimbo fight is free, then that gives me a month off of PPV's then im getting the rashad evans and Q. "bighead" jackson fight...lol another thing since you seem like the MMA type...when is the A-team movie comin out?

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If Anderson thought Maia disrespected him what will he do if he fights Sonnen

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
yea i like him..hes WEC right?...hey do you kno anything about Dana White makin it up to the fans for the poor Main Event in Abu Dahbi??? Hopefully the kimbo fight is free, then that gives me a month off of PPV's then im getting the rashad evans and Q. "bighead" jackson fight...lol another thing since you seem like the MMA type...when is the A-team movie comin out?

Yeah, Faber is in the WEC at featherweight (145 lbs), but has fought at lightweight before.

Personally, I don't think that Dana White is obligated to make up for anything.. that's just how some fight goes. Some are good ones, some are not so good. But he'll probably make an upcoming fight free or something.

And the A-Team movie comes out June 11.

Also, looks like there will be a Penn vs. Edgar II, and may take place in August in Frankie Edgar's home state of New Jersey.

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-new...rks-UFC-eyeing-August-date-in-New-Jersey.html

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets hope there is not a rematch of Edgar and Penn so soon. that fight was boring as hell

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, Faber is in the WEC at featherweight (145 lbs), but has fought at lightweight before.

Personally, I don't think that Dana White is obligated to make up for anything.. that's just how some fight goes. Some are good ones, some are not so good. But he'll probably make an upcoming fight free or something.

Also, looks like there will be a Penn vs. Edgar II, and may take place in August in Frankie Edgar's home state of New Jersey.

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-new...rks-UFC-eyeing-August-date-in-New-Jersey.html

yea me either...some fights are good and bad but Anderson silva shouldnt of got a check in my opinion...and oh hell yea BJ Penn better muscle him next time...he looked nervous tho:( and thanks for the info on the movie!

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ay mortis who you thinks gonna win and how...

:boxing:Kimbo Slice vs Matt "Meathead" Mitrione???

im not to sure...I follwed kimbo online like many others and seen every MMA fight, but has he finally learned enough and put enough time in to fight comfortable like he used to? I think so!

But the way meathead KO'd Big Marcus via 10sec into the 2nd RD im not to sure on this 1
didnt like how he tapped like a sissy tho vs McSweeney....

jus wondering...

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm hoping Kimbo. I really don't like Mitrione. But Meathead may win via TKO. I'm going with my heart though.. Kimbo via KO.

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm hoping Kimbo. I really don't like Mitrione. But Meathead may win via TKO. I'm going with my heart though.. Kimbo via KO.
attaboy...lmao go SLICE...not too much of a fan of mitrione either...

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Is he talking about Dana White making up for the Silva performance? I didn't see the fight, but Dana was on ESPN after the fight and was pissed off. He said Anderson Silva would be cut if he ever acted like that again. He was also defending himself about the Tito vs. Lidell fight being cancelled. He wouldn't spoil it for the Ultimate Fighter show, but just said something happens during the show. Jim Rome asked him about the fight being cancelled because fans were pissed that they weren't going to see Tito and Chuck fight again.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Is he talking about Dana White making up for the Silva performance? I didn't see the fight, but Dana was on ESPN after the fight and was pissed off. He said Anderson Silva would be cut if he ever acted like that again. He was also defending himself about the Tito vs. Lidell fight being cancelled. He wouldn't spoil it for the Ultimate Fighter show, but just said something happens during the show. Jim Rome asked him about the fight being cancelled because fans were pissed that they weren't going to see Tito and Chuck fight again.

Yeah, he was talking about Silva's performance... he was constantly taunting and showboating against Maia, when he clearly could have finished the fight.

Chuck Liddell will be fighting Rich Franklin in June instead of Tito Ortiz, now. All I heard was that Tito sustained an injury that put him out of the fight. I haven't seen yesterday's TUF episode, yet.. so not sure if something happened on that episode. I DVR'ed it, so I'll be watching it later today.

Honestly, I rather see Chuck vs. Rich anyways.. I've never been a fan of whiney Tito. He talks about how he's the best and everything, but when he loses, he whines and makes excuses. The best fighter wouldn't do that.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He talks about how he's the best and everything, but when he loses, he whines and makes excuses. The best fighter wouldn't do that.

yep and he happens to lose quite often ;)

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tito Ortiz is a LOSER!
I use to like him but hes way 2 confident n cocky def.
And hes probably not injured he just dont want to get his ass kicked by Chuck and then by Forrest a few months later....cant wait to see that fight

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tito Ortiz is a LOSER!
I use to like him but hes way 2 confident n cocky def.
And hes probably not injured he just dont want to get his ass kicked by Chuck and then by Forrest a few months later....cant wait to see that fight

Agreed. Dana White even admitted that they use to feed Tito the cupcakes and intentionally kept him away from Chuck because he was marketable and they didn't want Chuck to destroy him at that time.