The Summer 2011 Transfer Thread (Soccer).

mapt02h

mapt02h

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay guys thought I'd be easier to have a dedicated thread about the transfer going on in the football world this summer.

Probably will be mostly premier league as that seems to be the most interesting just now.

After the Champions League final, where Barca just schooled Man United I asked pretty much all the Utd fans I know about what signings they need to be able to compete with Barca. The general opinion was "a goalkeeper, right back, good attacking midfielder and a striker." Now a couple of months later and their squad is stronger with the likes of De Gea, Jones and Young. I really do like the way Alex Ferguson has spent so far. There is still speculation about Nasri coming in as well.

Real Madrid is another team that needs to strenghten their lineup, given their performance in La Liga and in Europe. As far as I am aware, the bigger names I know of that have joined Madrid include Nuri Sahin, Hamit Altintop and Fabio Contrao. I've heard a lot of good things about contrao and I'm looking forward to seeing him in play.

My favourite underachievers of the Premier League, Arsenal, look in a bad shape this summer - more so than the usual summer transfer fiasco. As per usual, Fabregas to Barcelona blablabla. This time it's Samir Nasri stealing the headlines. I fancy him going to one of the Manchester sides, more likely City. The only "big" signing Arsenal have made, Gervinho from Lille for just over £11 million. I'll keep my reservations about the striker for now, French league isn't as strong as the EPL.

Where there's money involved, Man City are linked with everyone. They've signed Montenegran( montenegrian?!) player Stefan Savic. Most people of course will be like "Montenegro?! Aren't they sh*t? No, they're not. And this ticks me off as I am Bulgarian and they're in our group. They're much better than us just now and it's a shame lol. Anyway, yeah, they've got Savic. I've been saying this for a long time, they need to strengthen at the back. Kolarov isn't exactly that good, he might improve but we'll see.

I will update this as more transfers come in I guess...

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man City also signed Clichy from Arsenal so he'll most likely take Kolarovs place at left back.

There's talk of United getting Sneijder from Inter but I don't know if they'll be willing to spend enough to persuade Inter to part with him. I'd love to see him in a United shirt and we definitely need a top class central midfielder.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Liverpool have signed Jordan Henderson and Charlie Adam for £16M and £8M.
Good signing both imo. Jordan can play any where in midfield I believe, is young and had a good season with Sunderland.
Adam was boss for Blackpool and will increase Liverpool´s threat from set pices but the danger is that he was just a "one hit wonder" last season and cant maintain his form, looking forward to seeing him in action though.

Im still trying to figure out how Dalglish is going to line up with all these CM.
Gerrard and Lucas will probably be first names on the team sheet.
Shelvey might go on loan but if he stays he is not getting a lot of playing time.
Spearing just fell way back in the pecking order witch is a shame since he really was great when he final broke into the first team at the end of last season.
Aqualini is back from Italy but might still leave.
Meireles had a good first season but might be leaving.
Poulsen is utter crap and needs to be sold.
And then you got the 2 new signings in Adam and Henderson.

I think Liverpool needs 4 more signings to be ready for the season.
A CB since Carra is old, Agger is always injured, Kyrgiakos isnt good enough to be a starter,Skrtel is fine and Wilson and Kelly arnt ready to start a CB

A LB since Aurelio is made of glass and Konchesky is crap(and probably leaving). Be Interesting to see if Insua can get back in the first team after his loan.

A young back up striker. Carroll and Suarez are obvs class and Kuyt and Ngog can cover there but another striker is still needed imo.

A LW. Some one to drill in balls for Carroll. Not a single out and out LW at the club I think. Mata would be great because not only is a great player but also very versitile and can play on the left,right,central or up front. But he is probably unrealistic since there are so many clubs after him.

If this where FM and I was boss :D

In:
Sakho
Mata
Cahill
Lukaku
Contrerho

Out:
Cole
Konchesky
Poulsen

mapt02h

mapt02h

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh yeah forgot about Clichy having joined City.. I just hate City's approach to things. Sign a player, give him a season and him not having gel'd with the team, will do bad. Then buy someone new and rinse repeat the whole procedure.

As much as I don't like Liverpool, the signings they've made have been good. Henderson looks a good young player and Charlie Adam showed he can really perform in the top level last season. Oh just to add here, £35 million for Andy Carroll is a joke.

mapt02h

mapt02h

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After the 1st couple of games in the EPL, I really do think that Man City have a chance of going for the title.

They're bound for top 2 - top 4 will be Utd, City, Chelsea and Liverpool. Arsenal will miss out on Europe and Top 4 this season, that's for sure - they need to spend and now it looks like Nasri is on his way out too.

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh yeah forgot about Clichy having joined City.. I just hate City's approach to things. Sign a player, give him a season and him not having gel'd with the team, will do bad. Then buy someone new and rinse repeat the whole procedure.

As much as I don't like Liverpool, the signings they've made have been good. Henderson looks a good young player and Charlie Adam showed he can really perform in the top level last season. Oh just to add here, £35 million for Andy Carroll is a joke.

City are the new Real Madrid make a signing but don't tell the player all they are really doing is buying them so their rivals can't and they will probably just keep the bench warm till their forgotten about examples already Jo, Santa Cruz, Given, Bridge the list goes on but you get the picture