Stephen Strasburg

jbatesm

jbatesm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is everyone's oppinion on Strasburg? I am watching his debut right now and he's got some dirty stuff. I hope that he gets a chance to play on a winning team eventually. He really won't get the credit he deserves until then. He does have a bright future though.

Hogger

Hogger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the team he's on now is going to be pretty good pretty soon. As is he.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Common man, his MLB career* ERA is 4.5, he is going no where... fast.

Last edited:
M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Down to 3 now :p

G

Gr3atness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
14k 0bb

nuff said

Juniorsdaddy

Juniorsdaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to the game tomorrow to see him pitch. It'll be interesting to see what he does to my light-hitting team after what he did to the Pirates.

U

umpinpa22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nationals defense?

till they stop making errors like last night and throwing to wrong base on a fly ball he will continue to lose a few close games! he can't make the plays for them or strike every batter out! a damn good pitcher though!:)

A

AUPhoenix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I here a great kid and I think he is going to be something special in the major leagues. His first outings were so good becasue no one had faced him yet now the hitters have figured him out. I think he will now adjust and be a dominant pitcher in the league for years to come.:)

IamBP

IamBP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope he is the next great pitcher. I would love to be able to talk about him the way my Dad and my grandpa talk about watching the greats of their generations.

P

PlayerPlayerAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with Hogger, the team he is on is on the up.
About 2 months ago, he pitched a minor league game against the Phillies here in Reading, missed it though :(

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He had another solid game last night. 6 IP 1 run.

He is consistently making good players play and miss. He has played enough games now for the other teams' coaches to have "figured him out" - but he can still throw 6 innings for 1 run. Nobody is beating him up.

To do that after only 7 games or so is outstanding - he is the "real deal".

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
From what I have read, has an excellent head to, so barring the injury bug, could be a great one.
Also, congrats to the ah, brains, that run Baseball for keepin him out of the Allstar game.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also, congrats to the ah, brains, that run Baseball for keepin him out of the Allstar game.

agreed, you should have at least have more than 2 months of playing before you get selected :rolleyes:

MDTed

MDTed

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I live in the MD suburbs of DC so we get the Strasburg hype here continually.

For those of you that follow baseball, remember the first year of Felix Hernandez? They called him "King Felix" but his first year wasn't so good. So I certainly don't expect Strasburg to do a whole lot better this first year.

He's doing a good job but certainly not great. He's allowing way too many HR's and he's pitching too deep in counts. He needs to learn to be more Greg Maddux than Nolan Ryan, if he keeps doing the strikeouts he's likely to never pitch a complete game because of pitch count.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
agreed, you should have at least have more than 2 months of playing before you get selected :rolleyes:

The thing is Ian, baseball continues to decline in popularity & anything they can do to spike interest ought to be done.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The thing is Ian, baseball continues to decline in popularity & anything they can do to spike interest ought to be done.

I see they set a record for lowest ratings ever, congrats Commish, ya still got it goin.

C

crow27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If his arm holds together, I think he will be the next great pitcher. His stuff is just sick. He throws just like any other young pitcher, misses too much trying to be perfect. Also big league hitters/ softball sized ball parks make it alot easier to hit home runs. Any idiot could hit 20 HR in Yankee stadium for god sake. ( just an example) Give him 3-4 yrs to figure the mental part of pitching out and he'll be fine.

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Strasburg is the Nationals best pitcher. Give him 2 more seasons for him to be a major contender for the Cy Young Award. If his agent is smart, he'll leave Washington for more big money.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This guy is looking amazing so far. I might have to make a decision on whether to keep him or Lincecum in a fantasy league...