Sources: Panthers to pick Andrew Luck

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- If Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck decides to enter the 2011 draft, the Carolina Panthers will take him, two high-ranking team officials said Tuesday.

A redshirt sophomore, Luck finished his season in Monday night's Discover Orange Bowl and has until Jan. 15 to declare if he will enter the draft. Although there have been reports indicating Luck may choose to stay in college, the Panthers remain optimistic he will turn pro.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/news/story?id=5988254

gobthemagician

gobthemagician

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was watching ESPN First Take today, they had a debate who will be more successful in the NFL, Luck vs. Newton. What do you guys think?

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wait wat about clausen? I swear i thought carolina had him

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard Luck is staying in Stanford?

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah he's staying I think it's the right choice the uncertainty about next season and the thought of playing for Carolina were just to much even for Luck

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Panthers or Cardinals... meh.

R

rodpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah he's staying I think it's the right choice the uncertainty about next season and the thought of playing for Carolina were just to much even for Luck
I agree. Luck wants his degree from Stanford and has a father who played in the NFL, so he's in no hurry to get drafted by a pitiful team like the Panthers. I think he will still be the first pick in the NFL draft when he decides to go pro.

lexnat

lexnat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does Carolina even have a coach yet?

i would stay in college also