Poker is a sitting game, and back problems can often occur

Delafere

Delafere

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I believe that it is additionally necessary to engage in active sports and to walk often. For example, I hunt volleyball. Do not forget to monitor your health;)

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that it is additionally necessary to engage in active sports and to walk often. For example, I hunt volleyball. Do not forget to monitor your health;)
I absolutely agree with you. A player's physical form plays a very important role and directly affects his results. It is very important to regularly do sports, or at least spend active rest, for example, a walk in the fresh air is also a good option.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I quite enjoy a roound of golf -- I'm not as young as I used to be...but walking about a picturesque landscape for 3.5-4.5 hours has been very good for my back (I had back surgery 12 years ago).

Another thing you can do is get a sit-stand desk. it is quite tiring at first, but you get uised to it -- and they have spoecial matts to stand on whick are good for changing foot position. The "Varidesk" is the one I have. (You can fit 3 monitors across them too...so good for multi-tabling.). Really easy to move from sitting to standing position with thes desk.

You should also have some good posture habits. Sitting in a way to support your back...using a good chair...getting up to move every so often...stand...stretch...etc.

Some people like to sit on one of those exercise balls...I tried it...but really not for me.

Cheers,
JT

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you are very right, sitting for long hours can affect your health, but it is important to control your playing time and give yourself breaks to go out and relax.

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes. I had a surgery on my back last November. I play and work sitted. And physical activities are not part of my routine. I really need to start something.

Sometimes I go to the swimmingpool, but I know I have to do more.

After a battery of exams, the Doctor said my health is pretty good, despiting my overweight (lol).

I hope I can change my behaviors and get more active!

Please, do the same, go to exercises, drink water, sleep well, see the Sun (it won't bite you!).

meagain00

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
If you use tablet and/or smart phone to play poker then obviously you can easily move around while playing rather than sit at standstill lol ...

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
that's right, I've been playing a lot of computer games lately and I don't do much sports, I need to start playing sports again and spend little time playing games, I think we'll fix it in the future:)

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, you are sitting most of the time. Why not get up and stretch once in a while.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is so important to have a good chair with good back support.

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, unfortunately it is. I plan to take up running, I hope I succeed)

W

waynaldo009

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I play soccer and hike often to counter the sitting.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have had back issues for many years due to an injury. That is probably the hardest part of my playing poker. I need to get up and walk around after a while or the pain get really unbearable. Online we at least get a break every hour but in live tournaments 2 hours can get a bit long and painful for me.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.That is why I do not tend to play long sessions ,just a few hours per day and try to walk during the breaks or even during my daily sessions.A good gaming chair would help a lot

S

stepashka321

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can work at the computer while standing...

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
There is a strong connection between physical and mental health, so regular exercise should not only prevent you from back pain but enhance your ability to play poker. If you look into e-sports scene you will see a lot of pro players in top shape or at least being slim. They take breaks while playing and most are regulars at fitness.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
one of my ankles used to swell up after sitting in front of the laptop much of the day !

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have a neck problem after a car accident long ago .and it kills me when paying poker .on online its ok i can lay my head on a couch or something but when playing in real ,sometimes i have to stop and go lay down .its killing me

Top 10 Games