Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys who do you got tonight?

AL Wild Card:
Red Sox vs Orioles
Rays vs Yankees

*Rays and Red Sox tied for the wild card with one game to go.

NL Wild Card
Cardinals vs Astros
Phillies vs Braves

*Cardinals and Braves tied for the wild card with one game to go.

Can the Red Sox finish their historic meltdown? I'm all in for the drama that Boston can become after something like this, so I'll say YESS

Too bad for the braves, will be rooting for them, but I don't think they can do it, not against the Phillies while the Cardinals play the lousy Astros

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That was an incredible melt-down. I saw the Yankees/Rays game on TV, while My brother-in-law took my brother to the game. Who says the curse of the Bambino isn't dead? Such awesome drama!

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who says the curse of the Bambino isn't dead?
1099228264_7110.jpg

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya, I am all set with the playoffs, I hope they all lose!

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was a huge meltdown for a team with so much talent and with a 160M payroll, But I'm glad the Yankees could help :p

Those contracts of Lackey/Crawford make the AJ Burnett deal look like a steal. I hope the Red Sox bring Fielder or Reyes this offseason.

Who do you guys got next?

ALDS
DET vs NYY
TB vs TEX

NLDS
STL vs PHI
ARI vs MIL

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
phillies all the way

Phillies as better than 2/1 probability of winning the World Series (actual odds are 9/5).

They certainly got what wins championships: "Pitching" - If the Yankees can find a way to beat Verlander I'd go with them, but it's not going to be easy...they'll have to become "Charlie Sheen" and start drinking #TigerBlood :D

YourDoom

YourDoom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phillies as better than 2/1 probability of winning the World Series (actual odds are 9/5).

They certainly got what wins championships: "Pitching" - If the Yankees can find a way to beat Verlander I'd go with them, but it's not going to be easy...they'll have to become "Charlie Sheen" and start drinking #TigerBlood :D

I had 4th row seats to game #2 (im from philly)...maybe im unlucky...
Although (sick brag) I caught Raul Ibanez's only career WS homerun two years ago - so I own the entire collection (of Ibanez WS Homeruns that is.)

cardriverx

cardriverx

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had 4th row seats to game #2 (im from philly)...maybe im unlucky...
Although (sick brag) I caught Raul Ibanez's only career WS homerun two years ago - so I own the entire collection (of Ibanez WS Homeruns that is.)

from Philly as well was at Game 1 first playoff game I've been too and it was awesome. When Howard hit that homerun the place went nuts.

Hopefully Oswalt can finish it out in Game 4. And very nice - have season tickets and have never caught a baseball.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Yankees, No Phillies :eek:

Go Brewers :D

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, the Yankees are out, tough game to watch with so many opportunities and couldn't score more than 2 runs... :(

The Phillies got killed by Carpenter, that was a beautiful game. I'll be watching only the NLCS that's the one where crazy things will happen; they had fights during the season, Morgan calling Pujols "Alberta" and saying "the birds will be watching the crew play in the playoffs" I smell blood, close calls, inside pitches to show the batter who's the boss, etc!!

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No predictions?

Texas or St Louis :confused:
Rangers or the Cardinals :confused:
AL or NL :confused:

Would be happy if the National League won it, but that means the Cards :( - head over heart time Texas in 6 or less.

billyjustin

billyjustin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the Cardinals take it in 6. I am a huge SF Giants bleeding orange die-hard, and like how much these cardinals look just like my team did last year. The hottest team going into the playoffs, knnocking off the NL Yankees...Phillies, whatever, getting by the more dominant Brewers, and now taking on the Cliff Lee-less Rangers. Yeah, the best teams get to the playoffs, The hottest team wins them. Go cardinals, and smoke weed at the stadium like we did last year, screw Hamilton, lil baby

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the Cardinals take it in 6. I am a huge SF Giants bleeding orange die-hard, and like how much these cardinals look just like my team did last year. The hottest team going into the playoffs, knnocking off the NL Yankees...Phillies, whatever, getting by the more dominant Brewers, and now taking on the Cliff Lee-less Rangers. Yeah, the best teams get to the playoffs, The hottest team wins them. Go cardinals, and smoke weed at the stadium like we did last year, screw Hamilton, lil baby

In the UK & a Giants fan too :top: (since 2002 when we started getting the games on tv)

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Close game last night, loved it. Let's see for how long STL pitching can hold that Texas Offense down. They are the underdogs and I can't root for any AL team other than the Yankees so I say STL in 6-7