Overrated: LeBron James

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After last nights game, I really hope the world sees him for what he really is...

An average player.

They quit last night, didn't seem like they were hungry for the title. You win so many games during the regular season and THAT'S how you finish? In the words of Ed Lover "C'mon SON"

James needed to take control of the game, drive and get some calls like he always does. The game wasn't out of reach. But last night showed people what has always been there. James has no heart.

He has had so much hype surrounding him since high school. But what has he REALLY done?

Let me say this, he's a great scorer and will go down as one of the best players in NBA History. Top 50 for sure. BUT, not the best ever like some people talk about.

He's won an MVP, so has Steve Nash...back to back even. But nobody talks about Nash being one of the best to play the game. (unless you live in canada lol)

James is MARKETABLE. Kinda like Jordan was. But James isn't even close to MJ. Kobe is more MJ then James. At least Kobe has rings, James will NEVER win a ring. If he couldn't do it with the Cavs, he wont do it with the Knicks. (We all know hes going there, they can afford him next year.)

So let the debate start, why do you think hes the best player in the league or why do you agree hes OVERRATED.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lerbron who?
Isn't he hooking up with Chloe Kardashian?

C

cheddachris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no way you can seriously call lebron james an "average player" he has done so much for his team, he's won multiple games for them.... i agree he is no MJ but he is still one of the greats whom are around in the sport today

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea i wouldnt call him average he is an amazing player but he has no heart.

And Steve Nash is one of the top 5 point guards of all time and thats a pretty impressive list.

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That game was so unfair. 5 against 1. LOL

G

Gr3atness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
James will NEVER win a ring. If he couldn't do it with the Cavs, he wont do it with the Knicks. (We all know hes going there, they can afford him next year.)

Its WAY to early to say that. Also NBA insider Chris Broussard thinks LeBron will go to Chicago. Chicago right now is better than Cleveland minus Lebron and MUCH better than the Knicks.

Lebron+DRose=TITLE(S)

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope he brings his overrated self to Chicago. lololol

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its WAY to early to say that. Also NBA insider Chris Broussard thinks LeBron will go to Chicago. Chicago right now is better than Cleveland minus Lebron and MUCH better than the Knicks.

Lebron+DRose=TITLE(S)

Not so sure about that I think there is a dynasty brewing in O-town.

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling LeBron average is just silly. I'm not a big fan of his, but I call it like I see it. He's an awesome talent. There's not another player in the NBA that even comes close to his athleticism. Outside of his jumper, which has improved dramatically, he's almost unstopable. He also gets it done on defense, which alot of stars fail to do. I think he'll be a Top 10 of all time once his career is over.

The Cavs being ousted by the Celtics doesn't rest on his shoulders alone. It rests on the shoulders of the entire team and management. I'm surprised that team won as many games as they did this season. It's not like he's surrounded by great talent. Shaq is a joke now. Jameson just hasn't really fit in. Williams blows hot and cold and sometimes might as well be in the locker room. LeBron carried this team all year just like he has every year in Cleveland.

As far as his future is concerned, I think he'll end up in Chicago. He and Rose could be great together as long as they also fill in some voids. A good shooting guard would be a great start and would make them a contender right away in the East. I heard it mentioned on ESPN today that Miami is a possibility. That would be very interesting. I'm not sure if he and Wade could mesh though.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
After last nights game, I really hope the world sees him for what he really is...

An average player.

They quit last night, didn't seem like they were hungry for the title. You win so many games during the regular season and THAT'S how you finish? In the words of Ed Lover "C'mon SON"

James needed to take control of the game, drive and get some calls like he always does. The game wasn't out of reach. But last night showed people what has always been there. James has no heart.

He has had so much hype surrounding him since high school. But what has he REALLY done?

Let me say this, he's a great scorer and will go down as one of the best players in NBA History. Top 50 for sure. BUT, not the best ever like some people talk about.

He's won an MVP, so has Steve Nash...back to back even. But nobody talks about Nash being one of the best to play the game. (unless you live in Canada lol)

James is MARKETABLE. Kinda like Jordan was. But James isn't even close to MJ. Kobe is more MJ then James. At least Kobe has rings, James will NEVER win a ring. If he couldn't do it with the Cavs, he wont do it with the Knicks. (We all know hes going there, they can afford him next year.)

So let the debate start, why do you think hes the best player in the league or why do you agree hes OVERRATED.

I agree, he & poc A's are def overrated.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1.) LeBron is NOT overrated LOL are you serious? i hate the guy but god dam you gotta admit this dude is a complete animal on the court. Like casper said besides his jumper, he can get to the rim AND FINISH whenever he wants..just a sick sick talent although by no means is no MJ.

2.) I do gotta disagree with you casper about him not being surrounded by talent..he has talent ALL around him its ridiculous. Go on down the line up form West to williams to gibson, jamison, shaq, hickson, varewierdo, anthony parker and on ...i mean they did alot to get him the talent he requested and still no ring hell not even a ECF appearance this year.

3.) The whole chicago thing is probably just another rumor, i mean i until i hear it from lebrons big assed mouth im not going to believe it

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1.) LeBron is NOT overrated LOL are you serious? i hate the guy but god dam you gotta admit this dude is a complete animal on the court. Like casper said besides his jumper, he can get to the rim AND FINISH whenever he wants..just a sick sick talent although by no means is no MJ.

2.) I do gotta disagree with you casper about him not being surrounded by talent..he has talent ALL around him its ridiculous. Go on down the line up form West to williams to gibson, jamison, shaq, hickson, varewierdo, anthony parker and on ...i mean they did alot to get him the talent he requested and still no ring hell not even a ECF appearance this year.

3.) The whole chicago thing is probably just another rumor, i mean i until i hear it from lebrons big assed mouth im not going to believe it

Ok..Dont wanna sound a little bias here only because Lebron at one point was my favorite player. Cpl things changed my mind pretty easily because mostly Iam a homer and a hometown kid. One is that Lebron plays for name on the back of his jersey rather than the name on the front. Other is the recent degrading of a young man who was picking up his warm ups off the sideline as he was checking in.. But I digresse (SP?). Brian pretty much said all I was gonna say. Hes a absolute animal of another kind. He choked in this series but IMO it dont change his talent level. Hes not MJ and I dont know if hell ever get a title. (Hope he dont) But this man is a absolute phenomenon and a force to be reckoned with on the court when hes playing to the max

Also.. Love Nash but Rondo iz me favz. That kid is absolutely amazing.

G

Gr3atness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I totally disagree about having talent around him.

No team has EVER won a championship with a Mo Williams caliber player as your #2. Williams is one of the most overrated players in the game (total ghost in the playoffs) and Jamison put up big numbers in his younger years and recently on an awful wizards team. Obviously Shaq doesnt count as talent at this point in his career either, Parker does nothing but shoot 3s, and does gibson even play anymore?

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I totally disagree about having talent around him.

No team has EVER won a championship with a Mo Williams caliber player as your #2. Williams is one of the most overrated players in the game (total ghost in the playoffs) and Jamison put up big numbers in his younger years and recently on an awful wizards team. Obviously Shaq doesnt count as talent at this point in his career either, Parker does nothing but shoot 3s, and does gibson even play anymore?

Im not sure how you can disagree that the lebron does have some talent around him....and ok if you say they have no talent than come to terms that he is surrounded by big name players?? i think you could agree on that aspect in the least...but to each his own

G

Gr3atness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im not sure how you can disagree that the lebron does have some talent around him....and ok if you say they have no talent than come to terms that he is surrounded by big name players?? i think you could agree on that aspect in the least...but to each his own

His supporting cast isnt as bad as the Nets/Wizards or anything, but not championship worthy help as we saw in this last series. Simply put, when you are the best player in the league/series and lose in 6 games your supporting cast is not good enough.

Big name players? You can argue for 3 of his teammates being big name: Shaq, Jamison, Williams. Shaq is so old, please dont tell me he can be considered more than average at this point. Like I said, Jamison starred on a crappy team and cant guard anyone, and Mo Williams might as well stay on the bus during the playoffs-he had one good half (1st of game 6) all playoffs.

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
His supporting cast isnt as bad as the Nets/Wizards or anything, but not championship worthy help as we saw in this last series. Simply put, when you are the best player in the league/series and lose in 6 games your supporting cast is not good enough.

Big name players? You can argue for 3 of his teammates being big name: Shaq, Jamison, Williams. Shaq is so old, please dont tell me he can be considered more than average at this point. Like I said, Jamison starred on a crappy team and cant guard anyone, and Mo Williams might as well stay on the bus during the playoffs-he had one good half (1st of game 6) all playoffs.

+1

Being surrounded by talent is what Kobe has right now. Heck, Odom came off the bench tonight for 19 pts. and 19 rebounds. That's having talent surrounding you.

As for Shaq, I wouldn't even label him as average now days. He might have been the most dominant center during his prime, and damn was he good, but he's hardly even a roll player now.