NFL Debate

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know the world follows follows soccer, but rugby & cricket? Maybe many countries, but within a small geographical location (Europe).

Actually, both Cricket and Rugby are global sports, not at all focused on Europe.

In Cricket for example, the Test Match nations (ie. those qualified to compete in the highest level of international matches) include only one European country (England). The other top nations are Australia, South Africa, india, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, new zealand, and West Indies.

KMC1828

KMC1828

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But there is a revitalized LT with his tiny side kick Darren Sproles, this may be the best one two punch for a running game in the NFL. There is no small reason why LT has been passing up some of the games greats in recent weeks in various records, nor is there a thing bad to say about the fact that Sproles has an ever increasing yardage total as he inches his way up on yet another solid year on both offense and special teams. DO NOT COUNT THEM OUT! Yes, the Colts have a perfect season working, but I remember a day last year at the MGM Grand Sports book, where my wife and I watched as The Chargers took the "better" Colts out of the playoff picture. OK, no SB ring. OK, every year they disappoint in the final weeks. They have been a spoiler team forever...and who knows, could this be the year???

The Chargers have the 30th rushing offense in the league (averaging 88.5 yds/game). I don't see what you're talking about as "the best one two punch for a running game in the NFL".

Thanks. :) I do know how to use Google. I am really not trying to be awkward or raise silly objections, just asking that we make our threads and discussions readily accessible to all members.

Google is readily accessible to all members. I don't see your point. I don't think anyone is going to spoon feed you all the necessary information you would need to take part in the discussion if you know nothing about the topic as a whole. If you have specific questions about the NFL or football, I'd be happy to answer them (as would just about everyone else), but I'm not going to sit here and teach you football/NFL. That's what Google is for.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see your point.

Sorry. Obviously I am not explaining myself well. I am not talking about football/NFL specifically. Please let`s not get hung up on that. I am offering a general comment, which I have also made from time to time in other threads.

I am saying that, if I were to make a thread about a subject (any subject) that I know will be unfamiliar to a large proportion of the membership, somewhere in my OP will be a line which says (for example): "This thread is about tiddly-winks and you might like to check out www.tiddlywinks.com".

That way, readers can immediately decide either, "Yay, I am really interested. I will read this", or "I don`t care, I`ll read the next thread", or "I need to know more, I will follow the link".

It`s a simple courtesy, that is all. It`s about making our forum as friendly and inclusive as we possibly can.

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesn't help much when there are 5 NFL threads on the go either.

kcfromhb

kcfromhb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Chargers have the 30th rushing offense in the league (averaging 88.5 yds/game). I don't see what you're talking about as "the best one two punch for a running game in the NFL".

Just keep watching...I think that number is going to change dramatically over the next few games.

P

Pacman1042

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is a tough call, it really is.... but i think i would have to take the saints, the colts are def good we all know that but they really only have one thing on offense and thats peyton manning who we all know is going to throw a lot, with the saints they have so many threats and i think thats whats going to take them to the ship

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Vikings will win the Bowl:deal: ...Never any love for the Vikings.

How many times did they make it to the Super Bowl? 4

How many of those Super Bowls did they win? 0

Nuff said.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually, both Cricket and Rugby are global sports, not at all focused on Europe.

In Cricket for example, the Test Match nations (ie. those qualified to compete in the highest level of international matches) include only one European country (England). The other top nations are Australia, South Africa, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, New Zealand, and West Indies.

See, what do I know? In all fairness, these are mostly countries with a strong British influence. Also part of the reason the US has lost thousands of jobs to India, but that's another topic. :p

How many times did they make it to the Super Bowl? 4

How many of those Super Bowls did they win? 0

Nuff said.

So I guess your point is that the Vikings will win the SB. After all, the Broncos lost 3 times early in Elways career. He comes back 8 years later, having sufferred years of countless comments about him not being able to win the big one, and won 2 Superbowls in a row.

Are you aware that the average career span of an NFL player is just 4 & 1/2 years? Combine that with trades, and most teams look completely different in 2 - 3 years. Any statistic older than 2 years is meaningless. It always tickles me when an announcer gives you the win-loss record between 2 teams, as you play no team more than twice in a regular season.

Any team is only as good as its players and coaches are today. BTW, when was the last time Brees was in a SB? Never? Lost his 1 NFC championship game to...the Bears? When was the last time the Vikings had SB winner/Hall of Famer Favre as a QB? Never?

Nuff said. :p Except that The Vikes & Saints will both get a bye and see each other in the NFC Championship.:D

P.S. I realize you didn't say the Saints would get there, but it's a good example. The Saints might win this thing. There has got to be a first time for every team and/or any QB that gets there.

Pokerstudent

Pokerstudent

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
See, what do I know? In all fairness, these are mostly countries with a strong British influence. Also part of the reason the US has lost thousands of jobs to India, but that's another topic. :p

So I guess your point is that the Vikings will win the SB. After all, the Broncos lost 3 times early in Elways career. He comes back 8 years later, having sufferred years of countless comments about him not being able to win the big one, and won 2 Superbowls in a row.

Are you aware that the average career span of an NFL player is just 4 & 1/2 years? Combine that with trades, and most teams look completely different in 2 - 3 years. Any statistic older than 2 years is meaningless. It always tickles me when an announcer gives you the win-loss record between 2 teams, as you play no team more than twice in a regular season.

Any team is only as good as its players and coaches are today. BTW, when was the last time Brees was in a SB? Never? Lost his 1 NFC championship game to...the Bears? When was the last time the Vikings had SB winner/Hall of Famer Favre as a QB? Never?

Nuff said. :p Except that The Vikes & Saints will both get a bye and see each other in the NFC Championship.:D

P.S. I realize you didn't say the Saints would get there, but it's a good example. The Saints might win this thing. There has got to be a first time for every team and/or any QB that gets there.

It's funny, but I have to go with the Vikings. I mean look at the teams where they are equal.

QBs: Manning is probably the best, but it could be questioned. So let's say that the three QB's are about even....essentially.

WRs: All three teams have at least three WR's who, on any given Sunday can catch 2 TD and 120 total yards. If anything, the Colts probably have the weakest WR core after Wayne. But then again...iffy.

TDs: Probably three of the top 5 TE's in the league (okay, maybe not Shockey, but he's top 10)

Kickers: who cares

Where they differ:

Defence: To me, this is where they differ. Colts and Saints have a very good Defense, but Vikings have one of the top D's in the league, neither Saints or Colts come close.

RB: Colts RBs are weak. Addai is touch and go as well as the other RBs.
Saints, Thomas and Bell and Bush. I'm not crazy about any one of
them. But the are serviceable.
Viks: AD (All Day - Adrian Peterson) has shown that, although he hasn't been the top RB this year, he is certainly top 5 and can be relied on. And with Chester Taylor as a back up, you have no reason to worry.

Vikings should take it. Don't think Favre will choke this year. Just a hunch. But I'd rather see the Colts do it.

P

Pokerdude420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fox

Turn on fox and you will see why the Saints arent that good... If your down 10-17 to Washington your not good...even if they end up winning 34-17 or something this just proves there not that good.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turn on fox and you will see why the Saints arent that good... If your down 10-17 to Washington your not good...even if they end up winning 34-17 or something this just proves there not that good.

What? :confused:

So they can't have 1 bad game or a couple bad quarters? LOL get serious man...

KMC1828

KMC1828

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You know the Redskins have the #2 pass defense in the league and they're #7 in total defense, and that they've lost 4 of their games by 5 points or less, right?

KMC1828

KMC1828

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Saints now 12-0 after an OT game with Washington. That was not healthy to watch.

Saints clinched NFC South today as well.

Maid Marian

Maid Marian

RIP Baby BooBoo
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Indy Colts win again...27-17 over Tenn Titans! Remain undefeated!:D :D :p :p

What happened to the NE Pats? Lost to Miami...ouch!:(

I say Colts v Saints in Superbowl XLIV!:D

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Saints so lucky Shaun Suisham choked on the chip shot

Indy looking good as usual

My Pats becoming a one half team bad times but we'll still be dangerous come playoff time

Finally Don't foresee a Pitt repeat after today

Pokerstudent

Pokerstudent

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Indy Colts win again...27-17 over Tenn Titans! Remain undefeated!:D :D :p :p

What happened to the NE Pats? Lost to Miami...ouch!:(

I say Colts v Saints in Superbowl XLIV!:D

Man, that would be the best! It's good to see that Tom Brady is human. I talked to people who said he was the greatest QB of all time! C'mon! The guy definitely is incredible, but of ALL TIME? Naw...

Peyton is definitely a better QB.

And for the Superbowl to ACTUALLY be a good game is all I care about.

Especially since both my fantasy football teams are officially out!

Geez...

jaycism

jaycism

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would have tro say that the colts and saints are doing the best. they have blew out teams, won close games, and come back to win games. both defenses are playing real good right now too.

KMC1828

KMC1828

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would have tro say that the colts and saints are doing the best. they have blew out teams, won close games, and come back to win games. both defenses are playing real good right now too.

Saints D didn't play that spectacular this past Sunday, but they have generally been playing pretty well in terms of turnovers.