NBA FINALS

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great contested game so far in the first half of game 1. Great coaching matchup as I like the Nate Robinson, Rondo combo which hasnt been used.

Anyway, if your teams fighting for a championship you tend to start a new thread. ITS MY TURN:p :D

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And the C"s getting housed in LA. Down by 24 with six minutes to go in the fourth.. First game was great until the C's decided they didnt want to play strong... Sigh.. WP L.A

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
2010 NBA FINALS

Congrats to LA lastnight on their win! But I see this series going 7 games maybe 6 if Boston can win this next game!
Gimme some predictions and the finals MVP!:cool:

Boston in 6! RONDO FEVER! = :p MVP:p

Any1 else think they're calling this game way too virgin? LET EM PLAY

jbatesm

jbatesm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can not see the lakers not winning this series. My prediction is the lakers in 5.

Jay_Are_Pee

Jay_Are_Pee

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can not see the lakers not winning this series. My prediction is the lakers in 5.

Thats exactly what I been telling people Celtics too old if this series was 2-4 years ago it would be good but Kobe way too much for the Celtics:icon_salu

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Common guys, there has got to be a ton more interest in this final than what is being shown in this thread. I for one have a ton a ton of money on this final so I am watching it extremely closely.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ray Allen is going to make me throw up.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Waiting for Kobe to be Kobe.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
72-72 at end of the 3rd, Allen has 30 with 8 3's (record) Gasol is on 24 I think and it is setting up for a great 4th.

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was alot of energy for this in the NBA Playoffs thread but onced my C's owned Lebron and the Superman the interest died off. Check the thread. My C's got this.

Theres alot of energy for this on my end. Iam a boston homer buddy. Watched Allen drop 7for 7 in the first half. Broke Scotties, and Kevins record in the third quarter.. Ray Allen will go down as the best pure shooter in the game. (edit: hes got some company I know but hes been doing it a long time. Hes clutch) Rondo did not sit once in the first three quarters. Theyll say it at the end of the finals. Rondo is the best hands pointguard in the league. Taking rebounds, making dimes, and can shake a 7 footer under the basket with ease. Another triple double tonight. By far the best overall point in the league. Over Nash. Over Parker. Over anyone.

C's split with the Lakers in L.A. and head to Boston for the next three games.

FYI. First person to tell me Rondo is not the best point in the league just on production this season, can label themselves BANANAS:p

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I cannot disagree with that. The man has gotten complete nutter.

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cannot disagree with that. The man has gotten complete nutter.

Can name a hundred different reasons why the Lakers can still be the favorites in the series. But I dont want too. lol. In '08 the C's could pwn this series with the way these fouls are getting called.. ON BOTH ENDS. C"S got tagged for alot but the Lakers got there share of lopsided calls. The refs did a good job in the first with the aggresivness by both squads but took it too far late. This is the finals bitch. Let em play. On both ends. Goood minutes by Sheeeeed W. and Robinson. Defenitely as a C's fan Iam excited to take it back to Boston and see what Pierce has got left in the tank for us after his D tonight. Shiiiiip

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats exactly what I been telling people Celtics too old if this series was 2-4 years ago it would be good but Kobe way too much for the Celtics:icon_salu

No offensive....yes it is offensive, Time to get a new mug shot.

suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

They were too old that it was possible for an early exit against D Wade and the Heat. They were too old there was no way they were getting passed King James. They were too old that Superman was going to be too much for them to handle. Hmm... I think I see a trend here. Have you watched a single Celtics series this playoffs? End of the regular season I mightve somewhat agreed with you, but they are a completely different team. Celtics showing everyone that basketball is a TEAM sport, its not about the Lebrons, Howards, and Kobes. But got to give it to Kobe, he is the single best player in the NBA at the moment.

* I pretty much figured that Game 1 was going to be LA's, and it would come down to Game 2 to tell us how the series was going to go. Now we know, its going at least 6 (imo I don't see Boston winning 3 in a row, even at home), and if it ends at 6, I say its the Celtics on the winning side.

Any1 else think they're calling this game way too virgin? LET EM PLAY

They definitely have been on both ends, and they have Phil Jackson and the Lakers to thank for that. Phil always has to get on the refs about something before a series even begins, and for some reason it seems that Boston is a "dirty" team. Hack a Howard, isn't against the rules, unless its under 2 minutes and away from the ball. And KG's karate chop was just a loss of composure by him when Howard was obviously grabbing him by the ribs. Im sorry but I didn't think you were allowed to use your hand to control the other players movement. Basketball isn't a non-contact sport, just as Glenn Davis can attest to after being knocked out in the middle of a game on a normal no foul play.

Last edited:
K

Korbisk

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Celtic could very well take this....i really cant call it after game 2...which is great! hopefully there will be 7 games.

jaycism

jaycism

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this almost has to go 7 games just because of how good the series has been so far. great game 2 but some of those calls were ugly lol

suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this almost has to go 7 games just because of how good the series has been so far. great game 2 but some of those calls were ugly lol

Yup some of the calls were ugly, but their were bad calls on both ends in both games. Lakers fans bitching about 5 on Kobe in game 2, do they forget Ray Allen had what 3 in the 1st quarter in game 1, taking him completely out of the game, making it much easier to stop the celtics w/o a knock down shooter on the perimeter.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a Celtics fan, I can't see them winning if KG doesn't do more than what he did the first two games. Also, Pierce needs to breakout especially if the Lakers defense focuses on shutting down Rondo.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a Celtics fan, I can't see them winning if KG doesn't do more than what he did the first two games. Also, Pierce needs to breakout especially if the Lakers defense focuses on shutting down Rondo.
I agree that Pierce is important but KG is not that big for you guys anymore and you definitely do not need him as much as you think. He just has not recovered fully.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that Pierce is important but KG is not that big for you guys anymore and you definitely do not need him as much as you think. He just has not recovered fully.

KG needs to be more solid defensively, especially against Gasol. I saw him go up for rebounds with only one arm instead or two. Really KG? Really?

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KG needs to be more solid defensively, especially against Gasol. I saw him go up for rebounds with only one arm instead or two. Really KG? Really?
Even in the last series, he was nothing for Superman. I rather Wallace and Perkins and sometimes Davis on Gasol over KG.

Kebo11K

Kebo11K

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll go on record saying Rondo is the most overrated player on the court, it is easy for a guy to shine when he is the 4th biggest threat on his team

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll go on record saying Rondo is the most overrated player on the court, it is easy for a guy to shine when he is the 4th biggest threat on his team

Dude. Your crazy. Like no knowledge whatsoever kinda crazy.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

rondo runs the team, man. he might be their 4th scoring threat (debatable), but his role is not to be the top scorer. he picks defenses apart with assist after assist, and he's a very good rebounder. if it were "easy" to put up the numbers he's putting up, then every point guard with a couple of good scorers on their team could do it. yet very few are even on the same level. what rondo is doing is special

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh and i'm predicting kobe goes into god-mode tonight and scores like 40+, lakers win comfortably

however if boston manages to win this one then kobe will definitely go into god-mode game 4