MMA or Boxing?

Al_zAAlIM

Al_zAAlIM

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BD
Chips
I've always seen poker players often got different perspective in sports than other peoples.

Which one between mma and boxing do you think is a better sport and why?

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I practice amateur boxing (more like a simple enthusiast). I choose boxing over others because it was relatively simpler, but also because it is less violent. In fact, it is an olimpic sport. MMA and others are also quite technical, mainly due to jiu-jitsu usage, which decides many fights, but they are also far more dangerous if you want to be serious and fight occasionally.

Of course, it depends a lot on personal preferences too. Some friends of mine say that boxing is too quiet. They prefer to be rolling on the ground trying to immobilize the opponent. For personal defense, it is essential. But just to practice a sport, I personally don't like MMA.

Other really interesting types of fight are muay thai and kick boxing. They will train the whole body, which is always good. Kicks are really powerful, both in fights and in self-defense.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
MMA is the most complete so therefore "better" in the sense of all-around fighting ability and physical exercise.

It's also more fun to watch (for me).

joust

joust

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
MMA is the most complete so therefore "better" in the sense of all-around fighting ability and physical exercise.

It's also more fun to watch (for me).
Fan of both . Didn't like some of the judging in boxing so leaned more to mma

joust

joust

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
mma hands down for me, invovles a whole lot more than boxing
My favorite also. I do like the sweet science of boxing. But need some ground and pound for seasoning lol

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As i was practising karate for 10 years and rugby for few years, so it's MMA for me.

nighton

nighton

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I can't handle violence so cant say which one is worse

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like them both, boxing is the sweet science and in mma its more all encompassing.

MMA is usually more grappling dominant, because the better grappler usually determines where the fight is fought at ie on the ground or on the feet.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer MMA more, my friend used to be a fighter without rules and I supported him at competitions. It's more interesting and spectacular for me.