MLB trade deadline.

T

TapYaOut33

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I figured I would make a thread as the day is upon us as teams try to sure up some weaknesses for that last playoff push. Some rumors going around are that Ken Griffey Jr. has accepted a trade to the Chicago White Sox. Manny Ramirez may be on the move to the Marlins. Adam Dunn or Jason Bay to Tampa Bay. Feel free to post your thoughts on the trades as they happen as well as what you would like to see your team do.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was just announced that the Pirates are looking elsehwere to deal Jason Bay. It looks like Manny Ramierz isn't going anywhere.

W

Woodyspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DON'T TRADE MAN RAM.

He may be crazy and does whatever he wants to do but thats exactly why hes so clutch. You can't teach that

T

TapYaOut33

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if the threats about him sitting out the rest of the season if he is not traded then you really dont have a choice but to send him packing. I know Manny is odd and says alot of dumb things, but this seems much different from the things he has done in the past.He is still a great hitter and produces but he wont produce much from his house.

G

Gr3atness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some rumors going around are that Ken Griffey Jr. has accepted a trade to the Chicago White Sox.

Im a White Sox fan and I would LOVE that! Ken Griffey Jr. is one of my favorite players and one of the greatest ever, and even at his age he can help a team greatly. :D:D

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Manny Ramirez got traded as part of a three team deal.

TO DODGERS: Ramirez (plus his salary is paid for through this year)

TO PIRATES: 4 prospects

TO RED SOX: Jason Bay

I think the Pirates did VERY well getting 4 prospects for a guy who was going to walk at the end of the season ... obviously the Red Sox get the short end of this stick but basically did whatever they had to do to rid themselves of a guy that was killing his own team (dogging it, taking days off against rivals, etc).

C

chris697

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
boston is on crack too trade manny and i am a ny yankee fan:secruity: :secruity: :secruity: :cool: :aetsch: :stupido2:

un-diluted

un-diluted

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
boston is on crack too trade manny and i am a ny yankee fan:secruity: :secruity: :secruity: :cool: :aetsch: :stupido2:
nah manny puts up a fuss every year, wanting more $, wanting to leave. Then get's REAL lazy after the all star break. (in field, baserunning). Been a sox fan since birth and always will be despite my recent move to PA, and glad to see him go. It's not impossible to fill that spot. Pedroia fills at least half...

jbatesm

jbatesm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
manny is a disgrace to the game. hes a great player but he does not hustle, he does not respect the game, and hes not a team player. hes a cry baby and he was bringing the team down. im a pirates fan so i believe bay will help them this season. he hustles every play hes a good hitter and he runs farely well. the dodgers better prepare themselves to put up with manny

B

beanman25

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, Manny is now a Dodger, and Bay is a Red Sock.

T

TapYaOut33

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Red Sox did what they had to rid themselves of Manny, plus got a reasonable replacement. If you look at the numbers right now for both players they are pretty much even, not saying Bay is as good as Manny but there are very few players that can match Manny's production over the years. As far as trading away Hansen and Moss well Hansen hasn't developed the way the Sox thought he would have when they drafted him a few years ago maybe a move to the national league does him well. Brandon Moss I didn't see getting any real playing time over the next few years anyway with Ellsbury, Drew (for a few more years), Coco ( couple of years left on his contract), and either Bay or Manny if he stayed filling the other spot.

MDTed

MDTed

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bay will be better than Manny, overall. He's got the defense that Manny didn't have, the ability to run from 1st to 3rd without taking half an hour and Bay's statistics show a lot of fly ball to left outs which will be doubles in Fenway.

Anything is better than Manny, at this point.

However it really doesn't matter. Once the Yankees got Pudge, it was all settled. Wherever he goes, winning happens. Marlins, WS winners, Tigers, WS but lost. It's over now.

R

rylflush99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree with 90% of the people that bostons stupid trading manny but maybe a young jason bay could emerge?

S

sublimefool

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never thought Manny would get traded either but Bay has put up pretty good numbers...I guess if you had to get rid of him they got a pretty good replacement

W

Woodyspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really Boston Jason Bay > Man Ram really
here goes another 100 years of losing
freakin tards

jbatesm

jbatesm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they could have gotten better if manny wasnt an a-hole. i dont know any boston fan can like him after how he has acted. manny is a distraction and a cancer to the team right now and they needed to get rid of him. dodgers have their hands full with him

un-diluted

un-diluted

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bay will be better than Manny, overall. He's got the defense that Manny didn't have, the ability to run from 1st to 3rd without taking half an hour and Bay's statistics show a lot of fly ball to left outs which will be doubles in Fenway.

exactly

B

bronx3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CAN anyone believe Manny is on the Dodgers?? Such a bad deal for the Sox, but being a Yankees fan, I am very happy. The Yanks will make their second half push just like last year!

brutus

brutus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im a reds fan and yeah it sucks seeing griffey go but the reds have plenty of outfielders and they are all pretty much hitting the ball better the griffey and he only has a couple years left. im happy for him to be able to go to a potential contender team and finally get him a ring, since dont look like the reds will be winning one anytime soon. if it came down to dunn or griffey, id rather see dunn stay. but how could the reds get two "prospects" in the deal and be happy with that. the thing they are missing is a set up reliever and should of went for a proven mid reliever instead of two "prospects".

same shit different year, the reds fans have been going through this for years with the reds, they make some moron trade for prospects.:rolleyes: they have never had a clue how to make a valuable trade. we're tired of waiting on these prospects , its getting really old:mad:

N

NewHill

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Red Sox Nation 4 Life

Finally the toddler is gone.No more whinning no more slowly headed towards first base and no more bitching about the poor babies contract.Good-bye See-ya and good luck going to a world series with the DOGERS(hahahahaha!).

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Pirates weren't going to be able to sign Bay when his free agency came up anyway If some of their prospects pan out, it's a chance for them to head the right direction. I HATE the Griffey business, just on principle. I realize the White Sox are renting him for 2 months, but Junior deserved the right to retire a Red.

Manny reminds me of a famous malcontent from long ago, who always got a hangnail or some other excuse for ending the season early- Dick (don't call me Richie) Allen. Huge talent wasted; a disgrace to the game.

mersocal

mersocal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a huge Padre fan but they can't seem to get out of their own way, and did nothing to improve the team......I'm about to become a Yankee fan since they got Pudge :D Thats one hell of a nice looking baseball team :p

P

PDMike425

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
well, manny's gone and so are a bunch of other people, seems like a win win for everyone

R

royalflush525

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
trades

yeah griffey was a big trade but i think the dodgers got the best trade of them all when they got Manny Ramirez, or maybe the Angels with Texiera but all trades where great for there respective teams

O

OnTilt902

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cincinnati is the big loser yet again. Sure Griffey hasn't produced the numbers we saw in Seattle, but do you really think our inability to make the playoffs lies squarely on Griffey's shoulders? NO...we need pitching dangit. As for the trades...L.A. made a great trade. With Manny and his ability to perform during crunch time, you can't count them out. Besides, they are only 3 back from AZ, and they have a 4 game stint with AZ coming up. This series, I think, will be the deciding factor if they win their division or not.