Melo to the knicks?

M

MickSwagger814

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i seen today that trade talks have heated up between the nuggets and the knicks. Supposeably the nuggets want raymond felton, galinarri, wilson chandler, eddie curry, and a first round pick for melo and chauncy billups. billups is involved because of his expiring contract which would allow the knicks to go after a all star point guard like chris paul or derron wiliams. i also wouldnt count out the chance of tony parker going to the knicks. i am huge melo fan and i just want this to end so i know what team i am going to route for the remander of this season and seasons to come.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i definately dont see tony parker heading to the knicks.

however i think a deal will be done fairly soon for Melo and possibly Chauncey to head there.

We'll see what happens

M

MickSwagger814

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
@patty r...i also dont see parker leaving the safety net of san antonio but i know that him, melo, and amare would be foundation of a championship team. which point guard do you think would be the best to join melo and amare in new york? chris paul, derron williams, or someone else

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
@patty r...i also dont see parker leaving the safety net of san antonio but i know that him, melo, and amare would be foundation of a championship team. which point guard do you think would be the best to join melo and amare in new york? chris paul, derron williams, or someone else

i think they would get a non superstar point guard...if they get melo i dont think they would spend a shit ton of money for a guard when they have Amare AND Melo to pay for

M

MickSwagger814

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think they would get a non superstar point guard...if they get melo i dont think they would spend a shit ton of money for a guard when they have Amare AND Melo to pay for

yea ur right they most def would like to keep raymond felton because he is good and doesnt cost a whole lot of money but they want chauncey billups in the trade with his expiring contract which means they plan on spending some money on a point guard to help dish the ball to melo and amare

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea ur right they most def would like to keep raymond felton because he is good and doesnt cost a whole lot of money but they want chauncey billups in the trade with his expiring contract which means they plan on spending some money on a point guard to help dish the ball to melo and amare

tbh Felton is a dam solid point guard though. They don't need to get Chauncey however Denver through Billups into the trade because they had to add somebody since the Knicks declined their first trade offer.

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will be happy just so long as he doesn't go to the Lakers. It will be tough enough to beat LA. It is time for a new NBA Champ.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will be happy just so long as he doesn't go to the Lakers. It will be tough enough to beat LA. It is time for a new NBA Champ.

agreed but i also dont want it to ever be a team with Lebron on it...i'd rather see the lakers win until Lebron retires than see him get a ring

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A couple of comments:

1. Tony Parker signed an extension with the Spurs I believe. He's not going anywhere.

2. There's no way the Knicks are giving up all 3 of Felton, Gallo, and Chandler. Any 3 of those guys could certainly be traded, but not together.

3. Knicks have all the leverage in this situation. Did you see that article Woj wrote on yahoo sports? Woj HATES the Knicks, so any situation he writes that gives credence to NY, you have to listen seriously. Melo is on the move, and the Nuggets realize that they may lose him for absolutely nothing.

4. The Knicks have told Earl Barron to stay in shape because they will sign him after the trade deadline.

This is making me think the parameters of the trade will be:

A) Chandler, Felton, Mozgov, Walker, Randolph (turned into a 1st rounder), and Curry for Melo and Billups.

B) It could be Chandler, Gallo, and company (minus Felton) for just Melo.

Fields is redundant because they have Afflalo, who is better than Fields and plays same position.

But if it came down to packaging Fields or Gallo, I believe the Knicks would try to hold onto Gallo.

If the Knicks give up anything more than the above packages, I think they're giving up too much. If they give up anything less, it's just gravy.

blackmax

blackmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The knicks,nets,lakers and then the knicks again and here come the nets.I am so sick and tierd of these head games they play with the fans which is making the stories more junk than reliable reporting.Truth is new york needs him the most already having amar'e in the fold but they don't want to part with fields or felton.The lakers however only has to pull the trigger which they won't because it concerns bynum.Nobody knows what the heck is going on in denver.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow looks like I was TOTALLY wrong. According to the latest rumors, Gallo, Chandler, and Felton WILL be traded together.

Stupid Dolan! Stop getting in Donnie's way! Melo I understand your frustration, but I wish you had more long term foresight to see that we still need pieces to trade for a third star!