Mega Survivor League

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm running a survivor pool this year. Just in case you're not familiar with the idea, you pick 1 team each week to win. If they lose, you're out of the pool. Once you pick a team once, you can't use them again.

Details:

- $5 a head, through paypal.
- Winner take all, one bad pick and you're out.
- I'm asking as many people as I can to join. Consider it a lottery.

Send payments to sam *dawt* price84 *at* gmail *dawt* com. In the spot where you can add a message to me in the money transfer, tell me what team name you will use and the email address you want to be contacted at.

Ship the nickels!

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also, I'm gonna cross-post what blankoblanco posted in another forum:

PSA though (maybe this is overly paranoid but might as well give people a heads up):

paypal is anti gambling, it's explicitly against their terms to use their service for any form of betting or wagering so if a bunch of people are sending you team names along with the same amount, if they ever actually noticed or looked into it (which might be quite unlikely, idk) they may infer it is betting. i kinda hope this didnt happen with the fantasy football just in case, but now that i think of it some people probably put "fantasy football league" or something in the message. if paypal were to notice or look into it for any reason, that person is just flatout telling them that they and the receiver are violating their terms and paypal can pretty much just take all the money in both accounts if they're so inclined

don't know if they'd care when it's for $5 each, but for future reference it's a bad idea to mention anything in the paypal message that could suggest betting or gambling of any form cause i have heard of people getting screwed over for that even when the amounts involved were small

thesoxwin

thesoxwin

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also, I'm gonna cross-post what blankoblanco posted in another forum:

It happened to me in 2006. I was running poker tournaments for Non-profit organizations in our area and put up a website with paypal as a pay option. Paypal took $1800.00 out of my account and suspended my account, forever. Now, since the non-profit was the Elks Clubs of America, The Elks flooded them with e-mails, since they weren't taking mine, and actually had the President of the Elks Clubs of America, give them a call. The $1800.00 was returned, but they still have refused to take the block off my account.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK, you pick a team each week, and pick a different team each week never re-using the same team.
Is is $5 every week and when we ship we select the team, or just one fee in the beginning?

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK, you pick a team each week, and pick a different team each week never re-using the same team.
Is is $5 every week and when we ship we select the team, or just one fee in the beginning?
One fee in the beginning. When there's one person left standing, they walk off with the nickels.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, my girlfriend is trying to talk me into having 1 wrong guess for each team. What are your thoughts?

tpb221

tpb221

Chasing Gutshots
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So, my girlfriend is trying to talk me into having 1 wrong guess for each team. What are your thoughts?
No. It makes' it that much harder to keep track.

I'm in it to win it!

Last edited:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bwammo and I are both in - will ship funds when I get home Wed.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sent from my husbands account, but put in message what I should have put in subject. Let me know if you got it

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whoot, this is going to be fun, as long as I don't pick the wrong team first week, lol

Thanks for setting this up.

PedroMXDF

PedroMXDF

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a good idea.
As would participate in this ?

PedroMXDF

PedroMXDF

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello
I am returning from a period without wash my poker Laro.
I have to do to participate in each of the tournaments?

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to do to participate in each of the tournaments?
Send $5 to sam.price84 *at* gmail *dot* com using PayPal. Be sure to send the money as a gift. After that, I will send you the information you need to join the league. The information will come in a private message on Cardschat.

Enviar $5 a sam.price84 *at* gmail *dot* com con Paypal. Asegúrese de enviar el dinero como un regalo. Después de eso, le enviaremos la información que necesita para unirse a la liga. La información vendrá en un mensaje privado a Cardschat.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We have until tomorrow to make the first picks right. I am really scared of effing this up, lol.
I am thinking there is a strategy to it and I think I am thinking about this too hard.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Will send money from me and Cody tomorrow!

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whoot, I made it past the first week, and thank goodness I did not pick my favorite team, lol.
Good luck next week all!

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cleveland? Seriously? You bet week one on Colt McCoy with a brand new head coach? Buffalo was a surprise, but Cleveland seemed like the trap pick of the century.