Martz Madness/Da Bears

arkyten

arkyten

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Comparison

1. Your Phil Jackson and you are a fast break team with 5 slow brick shooting players,

2. Your Mike Martz and use the minimum# on the offensive line, with little talent to pass 70% of the time. AND, you get your multi-million dollar quarterback killed.

Great Strategy!!!

Don't forget the wsop Ciruit event is running in Hammond, IN the next several days. They had huge turnouts.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cutler is going to become a vegetable. I feel sorry for him.

roland cote

roland cote

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DO the da bears HAVE an offensive line??!! Yep! They're offensive!

arkyten

arkyten

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DO the da bears HAVE an offensive line??!! Yep! They're offensive!

I was thinking this after the game. Another comparison, of course. Don't feel like writing everything I thought of, BUT..you're in the middle stages of a poker tourney and have more chips than your opponent(s) and the equity you have is terrific...then you go off like a maniac, instead of taking what is basically given to you. The Bears should have had another win and a chance to make the final table/playoffs. The equity they gave away is unbelievable. And Cutler is the ultimate Donk!! Feel free to add to the poker comparisons. I'm too lazy today.:girl:

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's no way Cutler finishes the season if this continues. A guy with potential being destroyed just because Martz is unable to fix his offense....

Wonder if Cutler hasn't criticize him because he wants people to forget about his "Cry baby" image of Denver.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not Martz, it's Cutler. He makes poor decisions and then blames his teammates or refs. He's not a leader either.

rounder22

rounder22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bears haven't protected him well at all you would think they would put more screen passes in how fast the d-line has been getting to him to slow down the pass rush a little bit.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Cutler is my fantasy QB. He's killing me...

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you throw 4 picks in the same game to the same guy - that has nothing to do with protection, it has to do with accuracy and chemistry. Cutler has neither.

roland cote

roland cote

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This year with Martz as the offensive coordinator is sort of like when Ditka took over. In other words, the Marks strategy is to throw to a SPOT, and the reciever is supposed to be there. You throw anyway,m period. Cutler didn't like it because you were also supposed to throw to a secondary spot and the reciever was supposed to be there also. He has to take the time to evaluate both spots. If the line doesn't give him the time to check both recieving spots he get's anxious, as he has every right to do.

It's like Ditka MADE Walter Peyton run a route, whether there was an opening or not. He used to be able to sort of pick out his spots when he saw that there wasn't going to be an opening in the line. That'
s why he used to run down the line or change directions when the hole wasn't there. He used his natural ability to find a route opening. Ditka said no more of that. Martz is sort of doing the same thing. Itexplains a lot about the recievers he can throw to. I'm not say8ng he's a stellar quater back, but he is being hamstrung a little and there truly isn't the protection that should be there.

PNJs_dad

PNJs_dad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you throw 4 picks in the same game to the same guy - that has nothing to do with protection, it has to do with accuracy and chemistry. Cutler has neither.

SIGH....missing DeAngelo Hall.

arkyten

arkyten

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All of a sudden the Madness is starting to look like Genius (attn: Mike Caro). We'll see tonight against the Dolphins. Defense, special teams are still da strength of da Bears!

arkyten

arkyten

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, much has changed since October. This team has gotten every break known to man (yep, they've improved too). In the tradition of the Monsters of the Midway, I dub this team, "The Lucky Lovey Eleven". Of course they've got to win 2 more times for the name to be a reality.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chicago is the least likely team to make the SB imo. They didn't even beat a real playoff team, I'm really interested to see how they do against the Packers. But even there they have a big advantage in the sense that it's a divisional opponent they know well. I cannot see them having any chance against the Jets or Steelers.