Luis Castillo released from the Mets

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About damn time I would say. Next gone: Oliver Perez!

One more step away from the stink of Omar's regime.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read Omar Minaya is coming back to the Mets, funny, lol
I think they should have cut Oliver first and

1. Keep Castillo, [either way, they are paying him the 6 M]
2. Try to trade Castillo [Not an easy job, but in mid-season a lot of trades get done];

They just did the Phillies a favor, releasing him so they can sign him for the min. while Utley is in the D.L.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-yorkmets/post/_/id/16978/alderson-meets-with-omar-minaya-again

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They just did the Phillies a favor, releasing him so they can sign him for the min. while Utley is in the D.L.

PLEASE I HOPE THE PHILLIES SIGN HIM. Damn that'll make my day.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't help your rival, until Castillo goes downhill for the Phillies, that's what the Mets are doing.

The Phillies were not going to be able to find a near-decent 2B back-up for Utley, now they have one. If he sucks, everything will be alright [Utley will return], if he doesn't; THE METS ARE PAYING. I think is another bad move by the Queens boys, but only time will tell how much I'm right, lol :D

P.S. Jho... do you really think that they will pay 1 Billion to the trustee recovering money for Bernard Madoff's victims/#$##%^ ?

Second baseman Luis Castillo is not wasting time finding a new employer.

On the day he officially was eligible to sign, Castillo quickly narrowed his focus and appears poised to join the Philadelphia Phillies, according to a baseball source.

The Phillies’ second base situation is unsettled because of All-Star Chase Utley’s knee woes.

Castillo, 35, hit .235 with no homers and 17 RBIs last season in 247 at-bats. The Mets began the process of releasing Castillo on Friday, despite owing him $6 million in the final season of a four-year, $25 million deal. Castillo’s new employer will only be responsible for the major league minimum.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/blog/new-york/mets/post/_/id/17262/source-castillo-to-phillies

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Mets had just Release Oliver Perez, now, that's a good move; nobody wants him.

The Mets ate $18MM to make the pair go away, minus the Major League minimum if they play in the Majors.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't hate the Wilpons, I just hate who they place in charge sometimes. But if this issue affects in any way the Mets able to dish out money to pay for free agents and to keep our own stars, I hope they will do the right thing and sell the team.

As for Castillo signing with the Phils? YES
Ollie cut from team? YES

Oh what a wonderful day for Met fans! :D

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is going to be very hard for the Wilpons to sell the team, but if this continues, I think that would be the best thing for everybody involves; players, fans, management.

Who knows? -Look at the Rangers, New Management = Trip to the WS.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the new direction the Mets are heading in with Alderson & Co. I just hope they're giving a fair chance to right all the wrongs of the past regime.