Ken Griffy jr

villajoseph

villajoseph

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ken Griffy jr retired from Baseball .injuries kept him from being the homerun record holder he had a natural fast swing

ckingriches

ckingriches

Lucky Multiple League MVP
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He was the best pure hitter I ever saw. Nothing but quality genes (Ken Griffey Sr) and natural talent in an era tainted by PEDs.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only words I have for the kid is. Class act. Future hall of famer.

M

mig2169

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it wasn't for the injuries he would of broken arrons record not bonds, he doesn't count.

P

PasoTex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He was a class act. I bought his rookie baseball card many years ago thinking he would eventually break Hank Aaron's record. It didn't happen, but he had a great career. I wish he held the record rather than Bonds or some other baseball player on juice, but that's life. At least he has the respect of the public and will quickly get into the Hall of Fame.

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im proud of the young man. he played high school ball here in Cincinnati and went on to do great things in the game of baseball. thanks for the memories Jr.:cool:

villajoseph

villajoseph

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i got to see him play when he played with Seattles AAA Baseball team the San Bernardino Spirit .

Jay_Are_Pee

Jay_Are_Pee

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No matter what anyone says Griffey is def one of the best all time.

dead spade

dead spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it was nice to see a player just play baseball with out all the extra off field problems guys seem to have today, cant say i like his choice of teams playing with seatle but i liked him in cinnci lol:cool:

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Griffey Jr. was definitely a natural at the plate. He made some great catches, including some wall climbers, but some of those contributed to lost playing time due to injury. He could still play somewhere, if he wanted to.

G

Gr3atness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Griffey Jr. was definitely a natural at the plate. He made some great catches, including some wall climbers, but some of those contributed to lost playing time due to injury. He could still play somewhere, if he wanted to.

Not in the MLB. I've been a big fan of his but the Mariners were just being nice keeping him around this year, he's just too old and can't hit anymore. :(