Jerry Sloan Gone :(

sheesho

sheesho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sad day for me. The longest tenured coach in all major pro sports is gone. D Will and Sloan have been at it all year and he had enough. Don't know what's gonna happen to the Jazz. This probably should have happened awhile ago. They've been a weak playoff team for the past decade. Still I'm hurtin bad. My favorite team is in trouble and the only coach they've had for 4 decades is gone. Wish him the best. :(

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great coach he was. weird to not see him on the bench anymore for sure

sheesho

sheesho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Press confrence was so sad for me. Only coach I've ever followed. Definitely gonna feel weird tomorrow

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sad day for me. The longest tenured coach in all major pro sports is gone. D Will and Sloan have been at it all year and he had enough. Don't know what's gonna happen to the Jazz. This probably should have happened awhile ago. They've been a weak playoff team for the past decade. Still I'm hurtin bad. My favorite team is in trouble and the only coach they've had for 2 decades is gone. Wish him the best. :(
FYP

Sad day indeed. I feel for the guy having to be in the same conference as the Lakers, Rockets, Suns etc.. .makes it dfficult ot get to the FInals for sure.. Heckuva coach though.. Shame he is gone.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I would feel even more concerned for your team than for your coach. Utah doesn't seem to be able to keep the talent on their team, it doesn't look good that D-Will is staying unless the Jazz acquire a major talent to complement him.

blackmax

blackmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This just lets me know how old i am getting!I do believe i was in middle school when he to over for frank in 88 or so.I can say he was one heck of a player and coach and he will be surly missed.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they were talkin on sportscenter how he was clashing with players. weird. although deron williams says he has nothin to do with it

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't believe any word that come out of a pro athlete's mouth these days. Williams can say whatever he wants.... he couldn't keep a straight face when they asked him about it!!

Hope Mr. Sloan feels better now that he doesn't have to deal with him. He was a great great coach in a tough conference!!

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
they were talkin on sportscenter how he was clashing with players. weird. although deron williams says he has nothin to do with it

Jerry Sloan clashing with players, gotta give it up to them sportscenter guys, they don't miss much. :rolleyes:

sheesho

sheesho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I truly believe it was a combo between D Will and the team struggling. They started out hot (while playing a tough schedule) and things looked promising for 2nd seed. Now, there tied for 6th 3 back from 9th and they got a rough last month. Injuries are a problem but they aren't playing up to their level. Probably just couldn't stand being mediocre anymore. Hate to see him do it against the Bulls though. Was a great player there, then get fired, then lose to them in the Finals twice and now his last game. I wish him the best

As for the team, this is gonna be a rough season and a half. D Will probably wants out and not much talent is left. I'm praying he stays because he is the best pg in the league(i'm biased). Hopefully they sign someone after AK's contract is up (17 million LOL!!!)

blackmax

blackmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We will almost certainly find out later on down the line what really happend but it's not going to be good for the image of Williams im sure of it.