JaMarcus Russell Released by Raiders

P

PasoTex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Raiders cut the cord today with JaMarcus Russell. That is huge news. What a total waste of a #1 overall pick and millions of dollars. The Raiders could've had Adrian Peterson or Joe Thomas, both of whom were more highly rated than Russell.

dead spade

dead spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
coming from a raider fan it is a relief that russell is no longer a raider he was vthe biggest let down i have ever expreienced as a fan and to be rid of him for 3 million is not that bad cuz if he played this year he would have gotten 9 million:cool:

jaycism

jaycism

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
weeeeeeeeeeeee. he is finally gone. we should have got rid of him two years ago lol. now lets focus on getting to at least 8-8 this season lol

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I'm surprised the Raiders even bother participating in the draft at all. Seems like they have the same track record with draft picks as the Cleveland Browns!

ckingriches

ckingriches

Lucky Multiple League MVP
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QB's are no sure thing. It's hard to imagine that Sam Bradford wouldn't be a whole lot more productive for the Rams than Russell was in Oakland, but I sure wouldn't take a QB with the number one pick. At best it takes them a couple of years before they're really ready to contribute. Instead trade it for someone else's number ones for the next two years and draft a couple of premier lineman or another impact player less likely to bust. You can always snag a QB with potential in the 3rd or 4th round.

For what it's worth, the Raiders first round pick this year, LB McClain from Alabama, seems like an excellent choice. Not like last year's fiasco, Heyward-Bay. Even if he eventually becomes a great player, his selection was waaaaay toooo early. Could have traded down 15 spots and still grabbed him.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
weeeeeeeeeeeee. he is finally gone. we should have got rid of him two years ago lol. now lets focus on getting to at least 8-8 this season lol

You're living in a dream world if you think the Raiders will finish 8-8.

More like 2-14.

:)

jaycism

jaycism

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

More like 2-14.

dude... you think the falcons are somedthing. let me ask you something. how many superbowl have the falcons been in? until you win one you don't have squat to say. your team sucks too. just keep dreaming like your sorry hawks. the best thing atlanta has is too short and guess where he is originally from? OAKLAND. Believe that son.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dude... you think the falcons are somedthing. let me ask you something. how many superbowl have the falcons been in? until you win one you don't have squat to say. your team sucks too. just keep dreaming like your sorry hawks. the best thing atlanta has is too short and guess where he is originally from? OAKLAND. Believe that son.

This thread is about another bust player that Oakland finally got rid of.

Until the Raiders get different management there will be more of the same.

LombardiStix

LombardiStix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually think Oakland could def go 8-8 this year. They've got a lot of talent and it seems like they are heading in the right direction. Taking care of business even when it stings.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Terrible qb's on that squad.

They need to just start from scratch.

This team is doomed for a long time to come.

I mean, anytime you release your #1 overall pick from three years ago - your team is seriously in peril.

So who's the starting QB now?

LMAO! Jason Campbell???

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've said it before, and will say it again. Jamarcus Russell is the worst QB I've ever seen. Only saw 2 games last year but he was abysmal. IDK what kinda talent anyone thinks the Raiders have. With Heyward-Bay being a rookie, paired w/a crappy QB, anybody's guess. But the 10th or 12th (??) in the league running game they had in 2008, vanished in 2009, with their one glimmer of hope Darren McFadden having a horrible year. Their defensive line was a joke. They had a great secondary though, 7th in passing yards. 8-8? :rofl: Lots of changes in the division, we shall see.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Things I would like to add:

-Trading down from the #1 pick is next to impossible. No one really wants the #1 overall spot because you have to take such a huge risk paying that #1 pick a ridiculous salary.

-Picking a QB #1 overall is pretty standard. While it is a more risky pick than an offensive lineman, it also has the potential to pay off huge. Here's the last 10 QB's picked previous to Russel:

Alex Smith
Eli Manning
Carson Palmer
David Carr
Michael Vick
Tim Couch
Peyton Manning
Drew Bledsoe
Jeff George
Troy Aikman

There's really only 2 serious busts in there, Couch & Carr. Alex Smith may end up being decent as well, hard to tell if he's a bust at this point or not.

-I think the Raiders are headed in the right direction. Their draft was solid, Campbell fits into their system well, and maybe Al Davis will die soon?

G

Gr3atness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

More like 2-14.

I dont see how you can logically say the Raiders will be 2-14.

They went 5-11 last year including wins over Philly and Pittsburg, and that was with the worst QB in the league. While Jason Cambell is no savior he's surely not the worst in the league.

Not to mention they actually had an intelligent draft this year picking mostly defense and OL.

P

PasoTex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was at the Texans-Raiders game in Houston this past season. I was sitting next to a Raiders fan, and during the second quarter, he started yelling for the the Texans to "break JaMarcus' leg". He was only half-kidding. He repeated the chant at various times during the game, which caused a lot of Texans fans to laugh.

jaycism

jaycism

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

They went 5-11 last year including wins over Philly and Pittsburg, and that was with the worst QB in the league. While Jason Cambell is no savior he's surely not the worst in the league.

Not to mention they actually had an intelligent draft this year picking mostly defense and OL.
that is why i am hoping for at least an 8-8 season. that is not a bad goal to look for. 2-14 is just an opinion lol.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Things I would like to add:

-Trading down from the #1 pick is next to impossible. No one really wants the #1 overall spot because you have to take such a huge risk paying that #1 pick a ridiculous salary.

-Picking a QB #1 overall is pretty standard. While it is a more risky pick than an offensive lineman, it also has the potential to pay off huge. Here's the last 10 QB's picked previous to Russel:

Alex Smith
Eli Manning
Carson Palmer
David Carr
Michael Vick
Tim Couch
Peyton Manning
Drew Bledsoe
Jeff George
Troy Aikman

There's really only 2 serious busts in there, Couch & Carr. Alex Smith may end up being decent as well, hard to tell if he's a bust at this point or not.

-I think the Raiders are headed in the right direction. Their draft was solid, Campbell fits into their system well, and maybe Al Davis will die soon?

Al is gonna live forever, he can't get into heaven & hell's owner won't
sell. :)

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

because he doesn think logically...he only roots for teams in Atlanta so if your not than GTFO in his/her opinion..ridiculously biased and if the raiders go 2 - 14 ill pay some credit

CheeseConey

CheeseConey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw him on the sidelines listening to his ipod during the game last year as the QB coach was talking to the other QB. A complete waste. He was just there for the paycheck.

jaycism

jaycism

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there was an interview with jamarcus with a local news station and they asked him if any other team had made an offer to him. he said there was a couple but i think he was lying. 39 mil. is a retirement payment i could only dream of lol.

johnmenard1

johnmenard1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think he ever really wanted to play, he seemed never to give it his all. I question his lack of trying. I dont think he will ever start in the league again.

dead spade

dead spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This thread is about another bust player that Oakland finally got rid of.

Until the Raiders get different management there will be more of the same.
i would agree with you if i thuoght the raiders had a bad draft this year but the draft for the raiders this year was one of the best they have had in years, they drafted like big Al Davis was givin slepping pillls for the draft lol by the way how good did the falcons do in the draft lol hahaahah:cool:

A

AUPhoenix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My eldest step son played high school football against Mr. Russell. He was not that good in high school. I never understood why LSU gave him a full ride scholarship. He was surrounded by great players and talent at LSU and that made him a so so quarterback at best. Drafting him number 1 was a total waist of time and money.:bird:

jaycism

jaycism

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i heard that jamarcus was on twitter and said he might be going to the bengals. lol where ever he goes he better step it up or he is done for good

rounder22

rounder22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He has a great arm but his work ethic was always questioned I hope Jamarcus can turn it around.