I got this e-mail from the NFL Commissioner

F

fx20736

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dear NFL fan,

When I wrote to you last on behalf of the NFL, we promised you that we would work tirelessly to find a collectively bargained solution to our differences with the players' union. Subsequent to that letter to you, we agreed that the fastest way to a fair agreement was for everyone to work together through a mediation process. For the last three weeks I have personally attended every session of mediation, which is a process our clubs sincerely believe in.

Unfortunately, I have to tell you that earlier today the players' union walked away from mediation and collective bargaining and has initiated litigation against the clubs. In an effort to get a fair agreement now, our clubs offered a deal today that was, among other things, designed to have no adverse financial impact on veteran players in the early years, and would have met the players’ financial demands in the latter years of the agreement.

The proposal we made included an offer to narrow the player compensation gap that existed in the negotiations by splitting the difference; guarantee a reallocation of savings from first-round rookies to veterans and retirees without negatively affecting compensation for rounds 2-7; no compensation reduction for veterans; implement new year-round health and safety rules; retain the current 16-4 season format for at least two years with any subsequent changes subject to the approval of the league and union; and establish a new legacy fund for retired players ($82 million contributed by the owners over the next two years).

It was a deal that offered compromise, and would have ensured the well-being of our players and guaranteed the long-term future for the fans of the great game we all love so much. It was a deal where everyone would prosper.

We remain committed to collective bargaining and the federal mediation process until an agreement is reached, and call on the union to return to negotiations immediately. NFL players, clubs, and fans want an agreement. The only place it can be reached is at the bargaining table.

While we are disappointed with the union's actions, we remain steadfastly committed to reaching an agreement that serves the best interest of NFL players, clubs and fans, and thank you for your continued support of our League. First and foremost it is your passion for the game that drives us all, and we will not lose sight of this as we continue to work for a deal that works for everyone.

Yours,
Roger Goodell

C

crow27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
who gives a sh-t what each side wants. It still comes down to MILLIONAIRES fighting with BILLIONAIRES for MORE MONEY. F_CK THEM BOTH!!!!

That's just my humble opinion. LOLOLOL I really don't care what either side has to say.

F

fx20736

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
who gives a sh-t what each side wants. It still comes down to MILLIONAIRES fighting with BILLIONAIRES for MORE MONEY. F_CK THEM BOTH!!!!

That's just my humble opinion. LOLOLOL I really don't care what either side has to say.

me either, if there is no NFL Season I won't shed a tear.

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree if there is no NFL season, I won't lose any sleep over it. The whole labor dispute is sickening.

thesoxwin

thesoxwin

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just wish we could have a fan strike, so when they come back, no-one is there to watch.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just wish we could have a fan strike, so when they come back, no-one is there to watch.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ ... :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

F

fx20736

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Just think,

if there was no NFL how much better Sundays would be. First off, Baseball is on into October and if there were no NFL The LCS and World Series could have some Sunday afternoon games. Also less sick calls on Monday at work. Furthermore you could:

1. Watch movies
  2. Watch Hockey
  3. go outside
  4. go to the gym
  5. visit family/ friends
  6. do stuff
  7. play more poker

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just think,

if there was no NFL how much better Sundays would be. First off, Baseball is on into October and if there were no NFL The LCS and World Series could have some Sunday afternoon games. Also less sick calls on Monday at work. Furthermore you could:

1. Watch movies - have enough time to do that besides Sundays
  2. Watch Hockey - no thanks lol
  3. go outside - huh lol
  4. go to the gym - have treadmill in bedroom for Mon-Sat
  5. visit family/ friends - my friends are mostly online - my closest ones chat with me during football games and it is a blast
  6. do stuff - Mon-Sat is good for that
  7. play more poker - I play tournies while watching football anyway

That didn't help at all - I need football on Sundays!!!!!!

Y

yotalover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I too love my football. I really don't know (or care) what they are arguing over. Almost all of the pro sports are getting too expensive to go to anyway. Too much pay for the players, and too much profit for the owners IMO.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Just when you got into it too!

If there's no NFL this season, my husband will probably go into mourning. :p

While I think this whole dispute is ridiculous, I'll miss it too. Football is a pretty big deal in our house.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I already think my life sucks from the time the Superbowl ends and can think of nothing till August when pre-season starts.
If there is no NFL season I will kill myself.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh man there's nothing like football...

Also it's the most fun fantasy sport to be involved in too.