My Golf Bag

A

ALSALEFTY

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, I'm an avid Golfer and I know some of you are as well.
What's a golfer to do when it's 19* outside and Snow everywhere?
Many years ago, to combat the winter golfer blues, I went to Club Makers School in Austin Texas. And in the Winter I build custom golf clubs, mostly for clients at our club and clubs we share reciprocals with.

So Cardschat Golfers, Whats in your Bags?
Here is my Bag.

• Driver : Taylor Made R7 Quad nt 9.5*, Shaft M.A.S.2 Stiff flex,mid torque with tip soft. Set up for a slight draw. I have played many Drivers in my time and this one stays with me to the end of my playing days. When a 50+ year old can Drive the ball 300 yards at times,you just don't mess with success. I once, from an elevated tee put the ball on the green 357 yard par four. Down hill and down wind, but still the most impressive drive I have ever hit.
  • Long Irons : 1-5 irons, Ben Hogan Apex Edge forged heads. Shafted with UST IROD, Regular flex gives me a little more whip and brings the head to square at impact.

• Short Irons : 6-PW, Snake Eyes TC-01 forged heads. Shafted with Grafalloy PROLOGIC porgressive flex as the clubs get shorter. These club heads are closer to traditional size and head designs. I have tried game improvement designs but am unable to work the ball, with these clubs the ball tends to go where I swing it and I prefer to work the ball from 180 yards and in.
  • Wedges : Nike SV 52*/10 bounce TT DGold shaft s400. Nike SV 56*/14 bounce TT DGold shaft s400. Why these? I tend to get to much spin with forged wedges and these take a little spin off and are 10 yards longer without having to change my swing speed.
  • Putter : Wilson Staff / Kirk Currie 34" heel shafted, extra large grip with in shaft weighting system. This is my nemesis, Putting is my weak spot. This putter seems to help with longish putts. If I could putt, I would be a scratch golfer instead of a 8.5.
  • Alternate club : Nike Ignite T60 3 wood 15* FugiKura regular flex shaft.
  • Grips : Winn G8 V17 series
As you can see I don't normally play a 3 wood and 5 wood. I play a 1 and 2 iron.
When I started to play golf at 15, being left handed I had a hard time getting clubs. So I started playing glof with 3 clubs, a 2 iron, 9 iron and putter. Thats it, believe me you have to learn how to work the ball with that few of clubs. As I grew older a 1 and 2 iron were the norm for me and I hit a 1 iron off the tee all the time. In fact in 2004 I played my best round of golf with no driver, 3 wood or 5 wood in the bag, a 74 two over par.

So my Cardschat Golfing friends, What's in your bag and Why?:D