FF Draft Day move-up...

Hordling

Hordling

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry let me clarify.

In the one league I have on Yahoo, when the return yards are turned on I know the players that are offensive players do get credit for it. As for the individual players on the defense... I'm not sure about that part.

Right now on the yahoo one looks like the yardage for returns is off.

Honestly I can play either way.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Right now on the yahoo one looks like the yardage for returns is off.

Honestly I can play either way.

Yes, I did have not have it selected, thus turned off. Was looking at the scorings & setting instead of that category under 'commish tools'. I have awarded 1 pt for 20 yards. However, please be reminded that that return yardage is awarded to the defense, not the individual player.

ckingriches

ckingriches

Lucky Multiple League MVP
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry, I realized I forgot to answer that bit on the special teams play. My understanding is that the return yardage is awarded to the defense, and not the individual player. Notice that in the settings, it is listed under defense. Please look at this link, and note Raiderzfan's reply, I believe it is correct.
I do see the return yardage and TDs under the Defense/Special Teams. That seems to be your typical case where the Bears kickoff and punt returns are included with their defensive stats, regardless of the individual returning the kicks.

But I also see similar wording under the Offense Section (3rd and 4th from the bottom). Those are the ones that I wasn't sure about.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do see the return yardage and TDs under the Defense/Special Teams. That seems to be your typical case where the Bears kickoff and punt returns are included with their defensive stats, regardless of the individual returning the kicks.

But I also see similar wording under the Offense Section (3rd and 4th from the bottom). Those are the ones that I wasn't sure about.

Exactly. That is so confusing when they list kickoff and punt returns under offense as well. No clue.:confused:

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay, I have made both leagues 6 playoff teams. Sure hope it is as someone said, #1 & #2 get a bye. They playoffs are now week 14, 15, and 16 - eliminating week 17 as you suggested, and I couldn't agree more. I have also eliminated a 3rd WR in light of the flex spot, and have eliminated both 1 IDP (there are 2 now at Yahoo), and the bench has been cut to 6 in both leagues, which is standard. Good luck all, looking forward to tomorrow!!

ckingriches

ckingriches

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok, just because this seemed so odd, I pretended to start my own league at NFL.com. I can see where the offense is customizable to include return yardage and TDs. I assume that those items were either pre-selected or inadvertantly selected during the initial league setup.

I only mention this because Joshua Cribbs returned 94 kicks for over 2000 yards and 4 TDs last year, which would put him near the top of point production, even without considering his rushes and receptions totalling 500 yards and 2 TDs. I just wouldn't want anyone to have an unfair advantage by picking him when we all expect those stats to be irrelevant.

In any case, I'm looking forward to the draft tomorrow as well. Good luck all!

thesoxwin

thesoxwin

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, I have done my pre-draft rankings for the NFL league. Its my Wifes birthday and I'm taking her and the kids out for lunch. Don't think I'll be back in time, so just in case, I'm covered. I will be there for the Yahoo! league draft, for sure.

Hordling

Hordling

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck on the drafting today all. Hope to see you there.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok, just because this seemed so odd, I pretended to start my own league at NFL.com. I can see where the offense is customizable to include return yardage and TDs. I assume that those items were either pre-selected or inadvertantly selected during the initial league setup.

I only mention this because Joshua Cribbs returned 94 kicks for over 2000 yards and 4 TDs last year, which would put him near the top of point production, even without considering his rushes and receptions totalling 500 yards and 2 TDs. I just wouldn't want anyone to have an unfair advantage by picking him when we all expect those stats to be irrelevant.

In any case, I'm looking forward to the draft tomorrow as well. Good luck all!

I'm glad you started to create a league. I was beginning to think I was just stupid and really have no business starting a league. I steered clear of awarding anything on offensive returns & such, erring on the side of safety, as I was very unclear on this, it seemed unorthodox.

Sadly, the options for IDP did not include special teams duties, and even if they did, players like Cribbs would not be available for that slot - defense only. There is simply no good place in FF for players like him. Oh well, see y'all in a couple hours!

Last edited:
atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What time is the draft on NFL...?

ckingriches

ckingriches

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hordling

Hordling

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the one money league I play in we get points for Return guys. it's 1 per every 20. CK is correct that they do get inflated by these stats and sometimes that is the case. But there are other times where I have had Cribbs or Sproles in the past and mearly gotten 3 or 4 points from them.

It's a calculated risk in taking these guys. If the points fall to the defensive teams than it's not as a big of an inpact, but with them added into the offense it does move their value up a bit more than the normal would suggest.

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the one money league I play in we get points for Return guys. it's 1 per every 20. CK is correct that they do get inflated by these stats and sometimes that is the case. But there are other times where I have had Cribbs or Sproles in the past and mearly gotten 3 or 4 points from them.

It's a calculated risk in taking these guys. If the points fall to the defensive teams than it's not as a big of an inpact, but with them added into the offense it does move their value up a bit more than the normal would suggest.

I was in a league last year that awarded 1 point per 10 return yards and Percy Harvin was the top weekly scorer on my team other than the QB. He was a monster. It definitely changes draft strategy when these guys get points for return yards.