Dunk Contest Tonight!!!

sheesho

sheesho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man I love this week. Brings out the fun in basketball. I'm really hoping Griffin steps up as so much is expected of him. Don't know if he's creative so right now, I'm picking Derozen ( last year's runner up) but I'm sure Griffin is up to the challenge.

L

LLCoolSway

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love all star weekend. I am stoked for the contest and hope Griffin wins it.

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought McGee should have won but the thing is almost a staged event. They should never allow the fans to vote for the winner. It became a personality contest.

B

ballers101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay it was BS tonight. Demar should have made it to the last round. McGee had some crap dunks. The 3 ball dunk was absolutely horrible, there's no skill involved in that, Derozan didn't do some random bull shit he just did his dunks. Plus, the off the side of the backboard under the legs was better than Griffins off the side of the backboard windmill so why the hell did Griffin get 46 and Derozan get 44.

The NBA is just pure biased towards the raptors. Ever since Vince Carter has left they have literally been so biased towards American teams. Honestly speaking McGee had some originality but all his dunks weren't clean at all they just had a little bit of creativity and just some throwing the ball into the basket to see what happens. His last rounds dunks were good though well atleast the first one. Derozan would have won this dunk contest had he gone to the final round. He had much better dunks but the NBA snatched it away from him just like last year and they did to Jamario Moon when he went to the dunk contest.

Riverrr

Riverrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with eaglezoners. I thought McGee had the better dunks, but according to fan votes, Griffin was better. Reminds me of so many Cowboys players making the Pro Bowl a few years ago.

sheesho

sheesho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't like mcgee's 2nd dunk in the first round. Skillful but not really exciting. Also, Ibaka had great dunks but was robbed. If he made his 2nd in one try, probably a 48 and his free throw one should have gotten a 48 also. Great start unimpressive finish. Bad last round by Griffin and Mcgee.

sheesho

sheesho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay it was BS tonight. Demar should have made it to the last round. McGee had some crap dunks. The 3 ball dunk was absolutely horrible, there's no skill involved in that, Derozan didn't do some random bull shit he just did his dunks. Plus, the off the side of the backboard under the legs was better than Griffins off the side of the backboard windmill so why the hell did Griffin get 46 and Derozan get 44.

I agree Derozan got robbed but so did Ibaka. He didn't take a step past the free throw line, he was almost behind it. But best dunk by far was the showstopper. Knew DD was a creative guy and that was amazing. I don't think people noticed that Griffin's first dunk attempt and the one he made were totally different. His miss woulda made me scream but the made one was too easy for him. Not a 49. And Mcgee's momma worked the judges on his second one.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sheesho you hit it right on the mark.

Hopefully more people get to know Ibaka now, the guy is just beastly.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree Derozan got robbed but so did Ibaka. He didn't take a step past the free throw line, he was almost behind it. But best dunk by far was the showstopper. Knew DD was a creative guy and that was amazing. I don't think people noticed that Griffin's first dunk attempt and the one he made were totally different. His miss woulda made me scream but the made one was too easy for him. Not a 49. And Mcgee's momma worked the judges on his second one.

+1

Sheesho you hit it right on the mark.

Hopefully more people get to know Ibaka now, the guy is just beastly.

+1

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The final dunk of this competition was complete horse shit.

jumping over a car?? i mean come on dude.

McGee had a very sick dunk where he came from one side of the back board and reverse jammed it. so sick.

DD pry had the sickest dunk with show stopper, that was incredible but so was Griffins very first dunk.

So sick how griffin won with that gay ass dunk over the car. would have expected better.

Next year let's get some combination of the following contestants.

Kobe
Lebron
Russell Westbrooke
Derozan again
Andre Iguodala
J.R. Smith
Vinsanity.
Griffin again without cars
Ibaka again without gayass teddy bears.

sheesho

sheesho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
T
Next year let's get some combination of the following contestants.

Kobe
Lebron
Russell Westbrooke
Derozan again
Andre Iguodala
J.R. Smith
Vinsanity.
Griffin again without cars
Ibaka again without gayass teddy bears.

kobe's too old, lebron's a baby and VC is up there also. But nice list. I would add J Rich Ronnie Brewer and Josh Smith. They need more dunkers and more dunks. The old rules were way better than today's rules

L

LLCoolSway

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought it was a really good contest and letting the fans vote is just what the NBA is about. So flashier stunts are gonna attract more votes but I thought the car dunk was over the top. Clearly a sponsored dunk if you ask me, but search youtube for marko milic car dunk. I dont think I would be allowed to post the link, would I?

blackmax

blackmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More hype than skill this year im sad to say.Blake's dunk was alright but the hype by kenny smith BEFORE the dunk was more entertaining to say it best.What an an egg laid by paul and ray in the shootout!Big props to kobe on the mvp award and to the west for beating my east.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
kobe's too old, lebron's a baby and VC is up there also. But nice list. I would add J Rich Ronnie Brewer and Josh Smith. They need more dunkers and more dunks. The old rules were way better than today's rules

Kobe too old to dunk? lolz ya right. Lebron may be the biggest baby in the world but he would still be the talk of the dunk contest.

im glad they got new rules...otherwise we would see the same dunks every year plus 1 or 2 new ones

i do think dunkers should be penalized for EVERY missed dunk..just stupid when somebody makes it on their 9th attempt and still gets a perfect 50

sheesho

sheesho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kobe too old to dunk? lolz ya right. Lebron may be the biggest baby in the world but he would still be the talk of the dunk contest.

im glad they got new rules...otherwise we would see the same dunks every year plus 1 or 2 new ones

i do think dunkers should be penalized for EVERY missed dunk..just stupid when somebody makes it on their 9th attempt and still gets a perfect 50

Kobe's 34. And pretty sure he won't do it.

Lebron put his name in last year and didn't show. He vs Griffin would be epic though

With the rules im talking about how they have 2 minutes to dunk. It wipes out the fun in guessing what they will do. That's why Derozan had he best dunk. It was good and we had no idea what was coming. And I'm not a fan of fan votes because it's biased. If the judges rate the dunks, it isn't biased.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kobe's 34. And pretty sure he won't do it.

Lebron put his name in last year and didn't show. He vs Griffin would be epic though

i didn say kobe would do it...i said it would be sweet to see him in it cuz he's STILL one of the more exciting dunkers in the world

lebron...again not saying he would do it....but also would love to see him do it regardless.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
vince carter doing it would be epic