Cricket Explained to a Foreigner

Pillshark

Pillshark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems a few members on here,from non Cricket playing nations,are not too clued up on the general rules of Cricket,nor how it is all together played.
Here is an in-depth,but generally easy to follow guide,on the basics of playing Cricket.

Attachments

• CRICKET EXPLAINED.jpg
    CRICKET EXPLAINED.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 32
gobthemagician

gobthemagician

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hahahhahhhah pillshark brilliant, never seen this before. That's mean though...Even I had to read it twice to understand it lol.

One thing though I don't understand (may be an error). It says: "There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out." Why would the umpires stay out all the time, shouldn't it be the opposite. They are always "in" the field at all times.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are always "in" the field at all times.

Or they could be out in the field - of course not to be confused with the boundary fielders who are in the out field obviously ;) :D

rotty

rotty

I triple dog dare ya
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Finally, i can understand cricket now. :p

PokerPete

PokerPete

RIP Logic And Sanity
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are always "in" the field at all times.
Or they could be out in the field - of course not to be confused with the boundary fielders who are in the out field obviously ;) :D
..or it could be they're out of play while being out in the field but in a spot to determine if the man coming in is actually out.. :p