Chris Paul wants out?

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CP3 Wants Out
"He wants out," said the person, who has been briefed on Paul's strategy but spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss it publicly. "He wants to play with another superstar. He wants to follow LeBron's model of teaming up with other great players."

Paul's list of preferred destinations consists of the Knicks, Magic and Lakers, and members of his inner circle already have sent word to the Hornets of his desire to be traded to one of those teams, sources say. If Paul has his way, he's played his last game in a Hornets jersey.

maybe he can come to the knicks :)

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They said on ESPN last night that his wish list was New York, Portland, Dallas, or Orlando. They speculated that he and Carmelo Anthony may join Amare in New York for another "super" team.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They said on ESPN last night that his wish list was New York, Portland, Dallas, or Orlando. They speculated that he and Carmelo Anthony may join Amare in New York for another "super" team.

That's my dream come true, but there are so many factors against the Knicks for that to happen.

CP3 is still under control for another 2 seasons, and NO is not obligated to trade him to the Knicks.

Plus Melo may not want to wait for next summer free agency with the CBA potentially reducing the max earning of the top players.

A

AntiKhrist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't say that I blame him. I don't really think that he's going to go to the finals with a team like the Hornets. Either get him to a place where he's got a shot at the championship, or at least to a place where he can really make some bank!

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's looking like the whole CP3 rumors were a smokescreen. Looks kind of like a Kobe maneuver except a lot less stress that CP3 pulled to make sure his team knows they're under watch to make that team a contender.

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he's gunning for the Knicks, New York must provide a strong 4 year offer plus a substantial signing bonus to raise his eyebrows.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he's gunning for the Knicks, New York must provide a strong 4 year offer plus a substantial signing bonus to raise his eyebrows.

What are you talking about? CP3 isn't a free agent, he's under contract for two more years.