Celtics trade Perkins to Thunder

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Boston Celtics traded Kendrick Perkins and Nate Robinson to the Oklahoma City Thunder in exchange for Jeff Green and Nenad Krstic. At first blush, it looks like the C's got hammered giving up their starting center. But with Green being only 24 years old, and averaging 15 points a game behind Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, maybe the C's have the secured the best player in this deal. What's your view? :icon_thum

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
happy about green, unhappy about perk, always loved him

i've always been kinda skeptical about what danny ainge does, but hopefully this is one that plays out, could really use another rang this year after the pats :(

sheesho

sheesho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its not as bad because the C's offered Perk a contract well below what he thought he was worth so he was pissed (heard on radio). But still losing a 7 footer with some skill at the position is hard to come by. Green is a good player but he's only a 6th man on the team until people retire. Gonna hurt when they play the lakers, bulls, heat. Love the move for the thunder. Ibaka and Perk will work great vs the Lakers and they are right behind them and the spurs

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that's a great move by the Thunder, I love their frontcourt strength now.

And I think the Celtics are really going to regret that move in the playoffs. They are a win-now team, and that looked like it won't help them at all right now.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know about the Celtics, because they always find a way to win the East when the playoffs arrive, but the Thunder are going to put up a fight against the Lakers or the Spurs.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the thunder are really good. Kind of suks for perkins leaving boston cuz of the emotional attachment he had there

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Boston made a mistake here. Time will tell but man if it doesn't work there will be hell to pay in bean town.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually Bill Simmons made a good point about why Green was necessary for the club. Green definitely provides another solid defender to put on guys like Lebron or Melo. And if they are able to get Troy Murphy, then I think that's a win move for the Celtics. I still love what the Thunder did though.

L

LLCoolSway

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually Bill Simmons made a good point about why Green was necessary for the club. Green definitely provides another solid defender to put on guys like Lebron or Melo. And if they are able to get Troy Murphy, then I think that's a win move for the Celtics. I still love what the Thunder did though.

Looks like Murphy chose the Celtics.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=6170568