Brett returning?

U

umpinpa22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i know some of ya could care less but i'm curious what some think if no.4 is returning to the vikings this yr? longtime cheesehead here so it's tough seeing him dressed in purple after all those years in gb!:(

bredstik

bredstik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm almost positive he'll be back. The fact that Minnesota didn't draft a QB when two of the top ranked QBs were still available (McCoy & Claussen) tells me they know Brett will be back.

He may always be a Packer to you, but to me he'll always be Brett, Mary's boyfriend in "Something About Mary". The man can ACT!!!

rounder22

rounder22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He will be back he's just waiting until training camp is over like he usually does I can't blame him there.

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He'll be back, he can't help himself.

jaycism

jaycism

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol i think he might just come back so he can be the first grandpa to play in the NFL lol. i would do it so i could have that in the history books. i think he has another year left in him.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You want him to return so he can choke away another season?:D

jaycism

jaycism

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he is a hall of fame q.b. and i don' he has earned the right to do what he wants care what he does. if he wants to play another year than let him. he got to the NFC championship game. more than most q.b.'s in the league.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He will be back he's just waiting until training camp is over like he usually does I can't blame him there.

Didn't seem to hurt at all last season. Besides, Favre can pretty much tell Childress "Hey, I know the playbook better than you do, I have for 2 decades. I might show up the last week of training camp, and you like it. And oh - don't expect more than 1 quarter or half tops outta me for the exhibition games."

lol i think he might just come back so he can be the first grandpa to play in the NFL lol. i would do it so i could have that in the history books. i think he has another year left in him.

No one can play like he did last year and not have another year left in him, if not 3, if not for that ankle injury. And like Brian said, the boy just can't help himself. I just wonder what he's waiting for to do the surgery. But all the recent news says it's minor surgery, and is not his deciding factor in returning. Grandpa, had to look that up, became a grandpa just last month. He'll probably get a new nickname in the locker room. :p

A

AAChipMagnet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If Brett hadn't won a Super Bowl would he still be considered a "Hall Of Fame QB"? Doesn't matter what Brett does, he still throws picks at the end of games and his loose playing style may have won him a bunch of games and got him tons of yards (not unlike Dan Marino) but it's cost him more than one very important game. Kinda like Adrian Peterson and his fumbleitis. Looks great until it really counts.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If Brett hadn't won a Super Bowl would he still be considered a "Hall Of Fame QB"? Doesn't matter what Brett does, he still throws picks at the end of games and his loose playing style may have won him a bunch of games and got him tons of yards (not unlike Dan Marino) but it's cost him more than one very important game. Kinda like Adrian Peterson and his fumbleitis. Looks great until it really counts.

Yes, he will still be a "Hall Of Fame QB" because he has a lot of passing records, like Dan Marino (who is in the Hall Of Fame). I just don't like his attitude. Waiting to the last minute to decide if he is playing another year while his current team is trying to plan for next season (draft, free agency). By the way, Brett didn't win a Super Bowl, his team did (or should I say, Desmond Howard did).

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Brett had his surgery last Friday, so it looks like he's planning to play next season.