Baseball Fans?

Enzo1089

Enzo1089

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This thread is just to discuss the MLB or otherwise. Just curious as to who roots for who on this thread. What teams to you love to root for and which ones do you love to hate on? This thread was kind of spawned from some boredom, but I've been watching quite a bit of baseball lately...even though my team has been annoying me a little bit as of late because they actually managed to lose to the San Diego Padres.

That said, my team is, and always will be the Phillies.....and I will almost always hate on the Yankees (sorry to any NYY fans out there! :p ).

imafish

imafish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My team is the hapless Dodgers. Highest payroll in the league, but currently occupying the NL West cellar. *sigh*

J

jcla6985

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im a diehard blue jays fan, so hate any other al east team lol.

Enzo1089

Enzo1089

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My team is the hapless Dodgers. Highest payroll in the league, but currently occupying the NL West cellar. *sigh*

Well...as much as I enjoyed watching it being that I'm a Phils fan...I take it you didn't exactly enjoy tonight's game lol. But in the case that you don't know what I'm talking about...

End result : Phillies over Dodgers
Final Score : 16 - 1

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Braves! Might still be our year.....great night at Turner Field last night with Chipper Jones' # 10 retired!

Enzo1089

Enzo1089

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Braves! Might still be our year.....great night at Turner Field last night with Chipper Jones' # 10 retired!

I saw that actually. Great tribute to an amazing player. Chipper Jones truly deserves to be in the Atlanta Braves' Hall of Fame.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always been a St. Louis Cardinals fan & of course dislike the Cubs being that they are our nemesis. I've been to Wrigley a few years ago for a Cards/Cubs game & I don't care what anyone says...they are not friendly there like they claim.

It should lose the name "the friendly confines". There were soooo many people cursing, spitting, & wanting to fight other Cardinals fans that it was insane. I'll never respect those type of fans.

The Cubs jerseys should say...

imafish

imafish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, last night's game was pretty brutal. Turned it off in the 5th inning.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Giants fan here - not enjoying the current run though

imafish

imafish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, glad to see things are finally clicking for the Pirates. Twenty consecutive losing seasons. Unreal.

Enzo1089

Enzo1089

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, glad to see things are finally clicking for the Pirates. Twenty consecutive losing seasons. Unreal.

Yeah, that is crazy. If they go all the way this year they surely have earned it. The tear they have been on is just insane though. Can't believe they got ahead of the Cardinals. Something like a 9 game winning streak now right?

My Phils are in 3rd in the NL East, and sadly they are on their way on a downward slope. They've lost 2 in a row...again. Hopefully this isn't a trend starting. They need to get right. We just don't have a closing bullpen. Offense has been at least decent as of late, and our starting pitching lineup is incredible. It's our closers that kind of suck.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Very unreal.

I searched "professional sports teams playoff losing streaks" on google & the 1st link that came up was the Pittsburgh Pirates on wiki.

Yeah, that is crazy. If they go all the way this year they surely have earned it. The tear they have been on is just insane though. Can't believe they got ahead of the Cardinals. Something like a 9 game winning streak now right?

My Phils are in 3rd in the NL East, and sadly they are on their way on a downward slope. They've lost 2 in a row...again. Hopefully this isn't a trend starting. They need to get right. We just don't have a closing bullpen. Offense has been at least decent as of late, and our starting pitching lineup is incredible. It's our closers that kind of suck.

The Cards have been struggling lately also. When you combine struggling & a team that is on a winning streak that always leads to losing the best record in the league like the Cards had for awhile & then gave up to the Pirates.

I think the playoffs this year (if the teams make it there) are going to be uber exciting. I can't wait :top:

Enzo1089

Enzo1089

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very unreal.

I think the playoffs this year (if the teams make it there) are going to be uber exciting. I can't wait :top:

I completely agree. Especially if the MLB leaderboards stay the way they currently are. By that, I mean that the only team that really has a commanding lead over their division is the Atlanta Braves. They are ahead by like 6 games. Everyone other leader in each division is only leading by like 1 or 2 games. It's all commonplace. Will be extremely exciting to watch the playoffs this year, because it will be essentially just be a toss up...there is no clear bet on who will really run over the other teams in the playoffs statistically.

sweetlew09

sweetlew09

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's go A's!!! I'm happy to see the Giants sucking this year as their fans have been talking crap to me for years.

italiano

italiano

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know that here in argentina is very difficult to see baseball games, only the dominngos espn happens, but you know that last year trip to panama vacation and see very many games baisbol and enjoy a lot! I hope that in Argentina enpiecen to psarlos more often a hug

J

jcla6985

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know that here in Argentina is very difficult to see baseball games, only the dominngos espn happens, but you know that last year trip to panama vacation and see very many games baisbol and enjoy a lot! I hope that in Argentina enpiecen to psarlos more often a hug

Thats too bad homie baseball is a beautiful thing

R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jays fan here as it is the only canadian team.

Just a fan of the game all around, if there is nothing on TV and a ball game is on I will watch it.

Hoping the Jays can battle after the break for a wildcard spot and actually make the playoffs this year, would be nice.

J

jcla6985

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jays fan here as it is the only canadian team.

Just a fan of the game all around, if there is nothing on TV and a ball game is on I will watch it.

Hoping the Jays can battle after the break for a wildcard spot and actually make the playoffs this year, would be nice.

Im the same way with the jays and baseball in general. And itd be nice to battle back, but im not getting my hopes up lol

imafish

imafish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jays went all out this past offseason, but none of their moves have panned out so far. I was really rooting for them too - sick of the Red Sox and Yankees always winning. Hoping they catch fire in the second half.

Enzo1089

Enzo1089

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was really rooting for them too - sick of the Red Sox and Yankees always winning.

What? I know the Yankees have won the World Series a ridiculous amount of times, but the Red Sox have won in 2007 and 2004. Before that, the Red Sox hadn't won since 1918. Blue Jays won the series back to back in 1992/1993. I would love to see my Phillies make it again this year, but I have my doubts...being that they just beat the White Sox 2 out of 3, but needed extra innings in every game to do it. Although, when it comes down to time since a World Series win with this argument...I guess the Blue Jays are up, with the Yankees being last in the list. Hm...Yankees last in the list for due up to win a Series...I'm very okay with that :D