Barry Bonds found guilty of obstruction

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Barry Bonds was convicted of obstruction of justice Wednesday but a jury failed to reach a verdict on three other counts that the home run king lied to a grand jury when he denied knowingly using steroids and human growth hormone.

"The verdict, following a 12-day trial and almost four full days of deliberation, was a messy end to a case that put the slugger in the spotlight for more than three years.

"Bonds sat stone-faced through the verdict, displaying no emotion. His legal team immediately asked that the guilty verdict be thrown out and U.S. District Judge Susan Illston did not rule on the request. She set May 20 for a hearing in the case.

"The case also represented the culmination of the federal investigation into the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative steroids ring. Federal prosecutors and the Justice Department will have to decide whether to retry Bonds on the unresolved counts."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6347014

Last edited:
NLCE

NLCE

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many millions of $'s did the federal gov't spend to take this guy to trial. I think they could have used the Americans tax dollars in a better way. Stay out of sports.

Peteyweestro

Peteyweestro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your right about the gov spending it's money better but AMEN, this dickhead deserves everything he gets, he is a stonecold liar, and a cheater of the highest order, oh yeah and he played for the Giants so i really hope they throw the book at him. This cancer thought he was so much better then even his own teammates that he had his own lazy boy chair in his side of the locker room and no other teammates were even allowed near it. This clown should be removed from all record books and then treated like he never even played the game

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Joke.....plain and simple a joke.

Who cares.

A

AUPhoenix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suggest we put Barry Bonds in jail but then we would have to pay for a re-trail and so forth so I suggest we let him go and forget about him. He will never get in the Hall of Fame anyway. He will just die out.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel nothing towards Bonds anymore. I don't care what happens to him, but he's certainly guilty in the public's opinion regardless of what the jury decides.