Barcelona, from glory to failure.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how can a Barcelona club that was the bogeyman of europe become this mediocre team of today, it will be a bad management ouu spent too much money to build a super team and had no way to pay for it in the future.

teteuc2

teteuc2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This situation at Barcelona is really surreal. Did there have been cases of corruption within the club?

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is what life without Messi means

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how can a Barcelona club that was the bogeyman of europe become this mediocre team of today, it will be a bad management ouu spent too much money to build a super team and had no way to pay for it in the future.

what's wrong with Barcelona ?! the team is being rebuilt for obvious reasons, this is the first season in new realities and there is not even half of the season, and you already have a panic. many super clubs are in downturns, this is normal and even good for the ecological system of football, otherwise the same clubs will dominate.
there will be new leaders in the team, besides, Barcelona has its own good school. so no where the club will not disappear, everything will be fine.

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wait a little, soon it will play out and it will be different. everyone has ups and downs, they flew too high, unfortunately so far they are falling.

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For all the talk of them being the best team in europe, the lack of champions league trophies in the past decade would suggest otherwise.
Since 2011 they've only reached 1 final. Away from home in particular they seemed to keep coming undone in recent years, losing heavily in 2nd legs at PSG, Roma and most famously Liverpool.
Their record in the CL from 05/06 to 2011 was superb but the last 10 years they've not been at it, and the decline has now been accelerated by Messi moving on and the team generally ageing out.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.I agree with that the team is playing really bad but they are not on 2 division as , for example ,Juventus were some years ago or River Plate in South América.Barcelona still has a good team for better performances and still playing the UCL.It is a pity to see Barcelona in this situation but, unfortunately, from time to time ,this happens to some big clubs.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
they become a random club... it will take some years i think for reconstruction

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are back to what they really are... a small team.

D

DesertStorm46

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No matter how great a club is, eventually the players age out, you cannot always guarentee you can replace them with equally good players, every club goes through this sooner or later i think. As for the financial situation, bad managment? Ridiculously high wages? All of the above?

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They need an urgent restructuring, sell players, enhance their squad with more signings and have good financial management.

H

HRVATSKIBOGMARS

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Everything was ok when in the club were Messi, Suarez and some other good players. They had money they had everything. Sponsors and fans were there. But these players were so expensive, specially Messi. And then came COVID 19 and that was the end for Barcelona. They made mistake, they had to sell Messi. They didnt. End of story.

phoenixKK

phoenixKK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
The worst thing they did was quit Messi from the team.Now Barcelona will stay 10 years of no titles.

maneger1984

maneger1984

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ronald Koeman has never been closer to be sacked than tonight after RV defeat. What is keeping him at Barcelona still is solely that Laporta has no clear decision on who to hire after him. Xavi still the strongest candidate.

maneger1984

maneger1984

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is it, Koeman is no longer barcelona's head coach. I hope Xavi will be next.

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the coach is fired, Barcelona is in search. Who do you think will be appointed to steer this team? Rumor has it that Jurgen Klop was offered an offer, your option is who would pull this position, maybe Zidane?

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know how it got there (one of the biggest clubs in the world) but I should have found investors to keep Messi. (priority 1,2,3)

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
Xavi came and the game with Benfica showed that the players were charged and a combination game appeared. It remains to correct the situation with the conversion of goals:)

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Barca is going through a reconstruction stage but with the arrival of Xavi on the bench I think the team is on a good path.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quite shocking how much of a mess it all is

BillyDuke1989

BillyDuke1989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Barcelona is going through dark times, I hope Xavi will be the right person to overcome this.

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me they were playing like that because of the technician I believe that now with xavi they will change things

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Barcelona have acquired a new coach, so we definitely can't say much things for now.

We need to wait for Xavi to see his work. I think that this season will not be normal for Barcelona, but from the next season we will have Xavi's work to critisize.