The Ashes

gobthemagician

gobthemagician

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha vanquish, the Ashes is an intense cricket series between England and Australia played every 2 years. It's the most intense rivalry in cricket, and even people from other countries (like me) follow it because it's so exciting. I know some australians even value the Ashes higher than the World Cup, so you can imagine how important this is.

Currently, England has won this Ashes series with a great win yesterday.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read this and it's like I had a major brain aneurysm and I am no longer able to comprehend........anything....... :confused:

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it just me or is Jonathon Trott the ___________ man in the world?

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lolstralia

I've been doing the sprinkler dance continuously for about four days now

Pillshark

Pillshark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read this and it's like I had a major brain aneurysm and I am no longer able to comprehend........anything....... :confused:

It's all quite easy really dj...
You just need it explained to you in fine detail.
I've posted a new thread,,,explaining the game of Cricket to a foreigner.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
England 444-5 at the close of day 2 and a lead of 346 :)

Ponting losing it and fined 40% of his match fee for arguing :D
Go on brag as much as you can as we all know that it is not often that England plays aswell as thay have these last few years.
Bring back Gatting, cricket needs more lol's
Haha vanquish, the Ashes is an intense cricket series between England and Australia played every 2 years. It's the most intense rivalry in cricket, and even people from other countries (like me) follow it because it's so exciting. I know some australians even value the Ashes higher than the World Cup, so you can imagine how important this is.

Currently, England has won this Ashes series with a great win yesterday.
Too right Ashes first (just to stick it up the Poms) World Cup 2nd

I would ________ his __________
You would do what to his Arse. :icon_puke

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would hate his consistent performance if I were an Austrailian supporter.

What did you think I meant?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's all quite easy really dj...
You just need it explained to you in fine detail.
I've posted a new thread,,,explaining the game of Cricket to a foreigner.

I read that. Scary part is it almost worked...........:icon_scra

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love beating Australia at anything, and the thought of Australian fans leaving the game because they have no hope, after all the years of Australian domination over England at cricket - as they say, what is seldom is wonderful!

I hope England sews up the series 3-1 in the final test.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even the England women are getting in on the act - beating Western Australia by 178 & 116 runs in a couple of one day games :D

Tendulkar scores yet another century in the Third Test v South Africa. (51 now)

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even the England women are getting in on the act - beating Western Australia by 178 & 116 runs in a couple of one day games :D

Tendulkar scores yet another century in the Third Test v South Africa. (51 now)

Has to be one of his best ones he took some abuse from the South African front line

gobthemagician

gobthemagician

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh man Steyn's been on fire this series!! He really hurled some threatening bouncers at Sachin today, ripping those things at the little guy.

Geez, crazy stuff happening at the other ongoing series Ashes. Ponting not captain anymore? Injured and out?? Replaced by Uzzy (who didnt look too bad)! England lead by 64 runs with 5 wickets remaining. Not only are England gonna keep the Ashes, they're gonna win the Test series too! Hope they win this one too, I had originally predicted 3-0 England.

gobthemagician

gobthemagician

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha beard thanks for posting that, missed it i guess.

Aaaand as I'm typing this, Sachin and Laxman are walking off and india have drawn the Test match and Test series! First time ever India has drawn in SA, good series for us. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
South Africa v India was a great series to watch especially alongside England winning/retaining the Ashes.

With 151 runs behind and only 3 wickets remaining there's no need for any Aussie heroics ok ;)

To be honest i think this is probably the best England team ive seen in 30 years of following the game, and i think the series averages really show what a huge difference in performances there has been.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?id=5540;type=series

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/bowling/most_wickets_career.html?id=5540;type=series

It is not the worst Australia side ive seen, Watson, Siddle and Clarke (captain? :confused: maybe) are players to play with and Khawaja looks promising, but it could be a long road.

South Africa might just edge the number one spot and maybe tied for 2nd are India & England, but there is very little between them imo.

midgetfactory

midgetfactory

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont want anyone to get angry but im asking a serious question. is cricket really a sport? i dont understand the fun in standing for three days in a field and maybe having to catch one ball all that time.

and b second question, does any other country care about or even know what the ashes are apart from england and Oz? ps not tryin to stirr controversy here, serious questions from a intrigued irishman

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its 5 days buddy. 5 days

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
meh, when australia play it's closer to 3 ;)

gobthemagician

gobthemagician

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Yes yes yes yes, watch it seriously or watch a local county game and your question will be answered. It's a lot more intense than people give it credit.

2. I'm indian, and I religiously followed the Ashes, almost as much as the India series. I'm a diehard cricket fan though, but even my friends who arent as interested in cricket know what's going in the Ashes series. To put it simply, the Ashes is valued by some even higher than the World Cup Trophy. I really wish india was involved in such a revolving series.

Now when the Test World Cup is in play, who knows. Maybe that will be the most important, we'll see.

M

Madsaac

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm an Aussie and love the cricket and have loved smashing England over the years.

Even though it pains me to say but congratulations, thouroughly deserved.

Poms far too good

By the way, you have to love the Barmy Army