Apolo Ohno got screwed

dd_decker

dd_decker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't care if you are from the US or canada, Apolo Ohno never should have been disqualified for barely touching the Canadian skater who went down, and besides, it was after the touch, not because of it. Apolo got screwed out of a Silver Medal. Shame on the Canadian judges for that call. There is so much bumping in that sport in general, and here you had a skater barely place his hand on another skater, and they disqualify him. Bad judges. :confused:

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The nationality of the judges has been witheld after the one who disqualified the Korean women had his life threatened. However, I think you will find the judge in Ohno's case was actually Australian, in any case 3 judges confer it's not one mans decision and it was deserved. Go to the Olympic website and watch the slow mo replay.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, he clearly deserved to be DQ'd. It was his only shot so I don't blame him, but he got caught and didn't deserve the medal.

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it was a bad call because there happens to be alot of contact in those type of races! he just had his hand on his hip an he did not shove him...yea he shoulnt of been DQ'd GO USA

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't care if you are from the US or Canada, Apolo Ohno never should have been disqualified for barely touching the Canadian skater who went down, and besides, it was after the touch, not because of it. Apolo got screwed out of a Silver Medal. Shame on the Canadian judges for that call. There is so much bumping in that sport in general, and here you had a skater barely place his hand on another skater, and they disqualify him. Bad judges. :confused:

Great judging, period! The whole point is to win without the need of pushing. Apolo knew very well what he had to do to win and did it. He also knew what consequences were if caught.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Great judging, period! The whole point is to win without the need of pushing. Apolo knew very well what he had to do to win and did it. He also knew what consequences were if caught.

agreed 100%!!!