Any thoughts on Jeter HBP

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anything to get an edge right? Not the first time Jeter has done something like this, remember when he was running the bases and yelled I got it and cause two outfielders to miss a fly ball? Doesn't say much for his integrity though.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jeter's a dick. **** the Yankees!

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
remember when he was running the bases and yelled I got it and cause two outfielders to miss a fly ball?
OMG that was classic, had to be one of my favorite moments watching baseball, besides hearing the venders yell PEANUTS!!!!
I am not a yankee fan, I just thought that was funny.

thesoxwin

thesoxwin

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anything to get an edge right? Not the first time Jeter has done something like this, remember when he was running the bases and yelled I got it and cause two outfielders to miss a fly ball? Doesn't say much for his integrity though.

That was A-Roid.

thesoxwin

thesoxwin

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, here is my take....no different than leaning into a pitch and getting hit, although he wasn't hit. The referees really blew another call, IMO. Then throwing Madden out for calling them on it just exasperates the problem. Replay would've worked here. The Rays won the game, so no harm no foul, I guess.

DawgBones

DawgBones

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, here is my take....no different than leaning into a pitch and getting hit, although he wasn't hit. The referees really blew another call, IMO. Then throwing Madden out for calling them on it just exasperates the problem. Replay would've worked here. The Rays won the game, so no harm no foul, I guess.

Also Madden stated after the game he would would be happy if one of his players did the same thing. As TPC stated, anything to get an edge and as WV stated ****the Yankees!

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Rays won the game, so no harm no foul, I guess.
Not harm for the team but players stats do change.

After the HBP come a HR, that player get a extra RBI that maybe never will come, pitcher get a HBP in his stats and a extra run that if HBP don´t happen can change even the HR later, Jeter get a run that could never happen.

About the HBP, i do think that hit him when was seeing the game, just after several replays is when you actually notice that was not hit any time, so i just could say, great acting Jeter:D

About the scream to 2 miss the ball, yea was A-Rod, and have nothing to do with integrity, this is a thing that even kids do, i was surprise when that even work out (what a dumb fielders :p)

Yankees rock BTW:rolleyes:

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm no Yankee fan but obviously that was the ump's fault.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm no Yankee fan but obviously that was the ump's fault.

Yea, regardless of the "acting" by Jeter, it was still the umpire's fault for not seeing what really happened. Instant replay needs to be inforced in the game just as it is in almost every other sport. Things like this won't be such an issue if they had it (who cares about the length of the game, they all get paid @ least 6 figures & can handle it).

Leo 50

Leo 50

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jeter responded so quickly to the situation, he won the base.
You got to give him credit for that.

He even stated after the game, he wasn't hit but he used it to help his team.
The umps blew the call and it changed the game.

BTW I am a Yankee fan!

:cool:

Riverrr

Riverrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MLB should just use instant replay for these types of things and then there won't be any confusion.

CntryBoys

CntryBoys

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who really cares i hate the yankees anyways!!!

PNJs_dad

PNJs_dad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought it was dumb to get the trainer involved. I mean if the ump says you were hit take your base. The Rays won so in the end it didn't mean anything.

C

crow27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he's got to do anything he can to get on base now with that awesome .260 ave. of his.

Baseball really needs to do something about the easy calls that umps are blowing, there's no excuse for even thinking that the ball hit him.

G

Gr3atness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who cares. Rays won anyway.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who cares. Rays won anyway.

Yeah...that was the only problem, if Dan Johnson doesn't come up and hit a HR, Jeter act would be FANTASTIC. lol

Those things happen everyday on MLB, guys faking hit by pitch, trapping balls in the outfield, saying they hit the ball instead of a swing and miss....etc...
You don't expect Jeter to do it but at the time he was helping his team get an edge on a very close Pennant race. Yankees and Rays have been in a war for that division since April...."Everything is fair in love and war" :cool:

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah...that was the only problem, if Dan Johnson doesn't come up and hit a HR, Jeter act would be FANTASTIC. lol

Those things happen everyday on MLB, guys faking hit by pitch, trapping balls in the outfield, saying they hit the ball instead of a swing and miss....etc...
You don't expect Jeter to do it but at the time he was helping his team get an edge on a very close Pennant race. Yankees and Rays have been in a war for that division since April...."Everything is fair in love and war" :cool:

this isnt love or war ...and such behavior does not instill sportsmanship in impressionable kids...

i used to like jeter...but i guess you only see what people are made of when things aren't going good...