Who's the patient PT4 guru?

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I have played online poker for years now and I am just now trying out a tracking software for the first time. So far I have enjoyed it and am slowly learning bits and pieces as I go along.

One of the main reasons I got the software was to be able to track my own play, find leaks and plug them. However I am having some serious issues with the database. I have contacted support and sent a ticket, but I'm afraid after their response I'm more lost now than I was before.

If there is anyone here with the time and patience to try and teach an old dog new tricks please let me know, maybe I can roll you in a game on ACR for your time. Thanks.

:2d4::3d4:

T

Tu Ng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why not search YouTube for some pokertracker4 guides. A quick search found this:

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if your database is corrupted ,it is best to make a new one in PT4, then you can import hands, also always do a back-up prior too changes.Most of the time your hands are already saved on the sites folders, you may need to delete Postgre and re-install if thats causing a problem.I always install 2-4 diff versions of postgres 8.6,9.2,9.3,9.4
not sure if this is your problem ??

Last edited:
T

Tu Ng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Found another video where one of PT4 developer came to teach a class at MIT. He talked about what is important what is not important in PT4. What to look at to improve your game play. This guy is a true guru since he work for the company. Why not learn from the source =)

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That last post should tell you exactly why I am looking for someone to help. They are teaching it at MIT!!!

Seriously though, I have read a lot on the database and even watched the videos you posted and more. It does not change the good old fashion way of learning things. From an experienced person with hands on training and practice. Someone that talks the way you understand and being able to make that distinction for yourself. These are services that I am sure should cost but to be non existent and to be deferred to youtube is kinda sad. No offense to youtube I use it all the time but for it to actually replace the normal flow of knowledge! Please not yet!

R

Rolco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Could you state what the 'serious issues with the database' are so we can understand your issue better?

R

Rolco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You literally provided no detail about your issue and are wailing for help. Perhaps you aren't ready for big boy pants.

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was a lot of things, every .50 on demand game was showing up as a $20 buying that I never cashed in when I was FTing them on a regular. Turns out ACR doesn't supply tournament histories for that stuff to be accurate.

But why would I spend anytime trying to explain anymore to you when you are obviously just a troll....Big boy pants wtf man...if you're going to be like that move on instead of getting your post number up in my thread.

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Could you state what the 'serious issues with the database' are so we can understand your issue better?

Take some time do some research before you start trying to blast someone you don't know on the internet.

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was a lot of things, every .50 on demand game was showing up as a $20 buying that I never cashed in when I was FTing them on a regular. Turns out ACR doesn't supply tournament histories for that stuff to be accurate.

But why would I spend anytime trying to explain anymore to you when you are obviously just a troll....Big boy pants wtf man...if you're going to be like that move on instead of getting your post number up in my thread.

This is an issue with ACR not giving PT4 enough data. You can manually edit the tournament buyins under View Stats > T > Results > Edit Tournament Results. Make sure you save after each change. It's really annoying, but it's not PT4's fault.

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is an issue with ACR not giving PT4 enough data. You can manually edit the tournament buyins under View Stats > T > Results > Edit Tournament Results. Make sure you save after each change. It's really annoying, but it's not PT4's fault.

Yes this post was created in the time between me getting an initial response from PT4 about the problem (that was very confusing) and us finally figuring out what the problem was. I appreciate the point in the right direction. Still have a lot to learn but just like most things in life doing is the best way of learning.

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was a lot of things, every .50 on demand game was showing up as a $20 buying that I never cashed in when I was FTing them on a regular. Turns out ACR doesn't supply tournament histories for that stuff to be accurate.[...]

Yeah, it's an old pain in the ass, every PT4 user has, who cares about his results stay clean and true-to-fact. As neverbluff well explained, in order to keep your Database clean, you basically should check the results every time after every session and edit them, if they're wrong. Such crap happens a lot to me too, but the good thing is, after a while you will know which kinds of tournaments exactly are being misinterpreted by PT4.
And my friendly advice, try to do those check every day or at least every couple of days. I did make a check for last 4 months once... gosh.. believe me, you don't want to do these. Even if you have much better memory abilities, as me..
p.s. And here is an extra advice from me, i know it's clear as a day, but please don't repeat my mistake and do the damn backup more often! Once a week, as minimum. Because, if you don't or forgetting to do, such things can happen to you as well someday (click here, to read more). That was really a terrible headache for me.. oh boy oh boy... You don't want to go through this as well..

Last edited: