What To Use? Poker Software

cascat

cascat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm using Poker Office and I'm very happy with it so far. Everything is built in which means you don't need to get any add-ons to get a HUD, graphs, etc. I also think it's very easy to use.

All in all a very good software if you ask me.

jolubman

jolubman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've tried holdem indicator and must say I do not care for it. It is unable to find the table at Wingows. I have HI overlayed over the table. The program sounds much bettor than it is. Don't waste your money.

LuckyShark777

LuckyShark777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep the feedback up, thanks so much for everything so far

J

jack steel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
First off hello nice site:

I use 2 different ones.

Poker-spy.
Great interface gives you the % to win before flop TURN AND RIVER ECT.
It keeps track of each pot how many players called what they called down with and pot size. Keeps track of your % to see the flop turn and river also tracks other players in the room’s %. it keeps info like how many hands you’ve played with a specific player and how much you have won or lost from that player (very helpful)It has a graph on win and loss and how many hands you played ring game and tourneys. It also holds your cards after you folded just to see what you may have hit (kind of a crapper) also hand ranking and groups biased on sklansky I be leave. Last but not least has a probability of what the opponents may have.

Poker Pro 2007
Have some of the same features with a little more graphics.
Keeps track of most info on the table itself like % to win how many outs ect.
Also has an adjustment if you play loose or tight and the ability to change the cards you play most for the audio commentary to give you advice like fold raise check and call. I like it only for the visual effects and when im not playing well I go with it and 70% of the time I change my move on that advice. But again it is used when Im not felling it.

Hope this helps

D

dvnguyen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to you poker tracker but i think it doesnt work on bodog

T

TheDoc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive been using holdem indicator. it gives you the odds of making a hand e.g. straight, flush etc. But also it keeps tabs on your opponents, how many hands they play, raises etc and attempts to categorise them e.g. fishy, loose, solid etc. Helps to solidify your ideas about your opponents.

eaglelite

eaglelite

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Help me hear what are these poker software and what do they do and do I need it

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Help me hear what are these poker software and what do they do and do I need it

they just pull all your hand histories from your hard drive and log them in a database for you. with that info they give you your stats for your play, when you join that with pokerace hud you can display all those stats on the screen while you play along with your opponents.

is it needed? no
is it useful? yes sometimes.

Goldog

Goldog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Software?
All I use is a bowl of patience :smokin: early.

And a shot of courage:cheers: late.

Goldog

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
\

of you could just watch my video I posted twice here and set it up ;)

like I said what I posted was my opinion, I have used both and like pokertracker better, Pat is always making improvements to it and is a great guy.

I think you're a little but what I would call a "fan boy" lol

I liked poker office better when I used it, but use neither one as of right now.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you're a little but what I would call a "fan boy" lol

I liked poker office better when I used it, but use neither one as of right now.

which means?

R

royalstud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DogWatch HandGrabber

im going to try it out....sounds okay...only $19 and you can pay via paypal.

Last edited:
stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im going to try it out....sounds okay...only $19 and you can pay via paypal.

why?

that is something just to datamine bodog, on bodog you can only datamine 3 tables or on full tilt datamine 17 tables. I will stick to full tilt. I can datamine full tilt for free with a script why oh why would you pay money just to datamine.

About DogWatch Handgrabber

DogWatch Handgrabber is the datamining software for bodog poker tables.
It is easy to use. Just open one or more tables on Bodog. DogWatch Handgrabber will automatically detect them.
After the actual hand was finished, hand grabbing starts and generates HHF. While working it will be CPU friendly. On a Pentium 4 (2 GHz) it uses 0% of CPU most of the time and 2% at peak.
You can open up to three tables (limited by Bodog itself). It doesnt matter if you play active on these tables or just want to observe them. DogWatch Handgrabber grabs hands anyway.
You don't wanna watch the games? Just minimize everything. DogWatch Handgrabber will continue grabbing.

Features

»Get data while playing and/or observing.
» Automated Table Recognition.
» Low CPU Usage.
» Multi table hand grabbing.
» Tables can be minimized.
» Hold'em, Omaha, Stud and SNG support.
» Poker Tracker compatible (actually Hold'em- & Omaha ring games only).

D

DeadMoneyDad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are cheating yourself.

Poker software and HUDs are a crutch that should not be allowed in real money games IMO.

The extensive use of these "tools" is detremential to your poker game and bad for on-line poker overall.

You already have people datamining various levels of buy-in for months building up a large histroy on most players, before ever playing a hand. I have seen a discussion of one such group that is thinking of trying to market a service in combination with a specailized HUD based on their database of hand histories.

This type of break trough will change on-line poker again. No longer will the poker software put you on a range of hands based on what the average of all players might do and have done in a given situation, but based on what you have actually done based on every hand you've ever played.

Hand Histories were a development from the security side of the poker world of on-line poker. Someone had the idea that since we're touting that it's easy to learn poker we'll help you learn. Then software people had the idea of taking the basic idea of poker odds software and using the hand output to plug right into the calculators. Bingo a HUD odds calculator. Build up enough hands and you get a better read on your opponents.

Live poker from which on-line poker was dervied is about using your brain and bankroll to defeat the other players. Due to the misuse of this "training tool" on-line poker has become a perversion of poker. It is developing into some sort of software arms race.

The poker sites love software gimicks the way casions love "winning systems". They love the computerized multi-tablers who play less optiumally but generate more rake. They kill off the fish more slowly than a player playing optium poker.

However with the increased pressure from Congress to limit deposit options and with the ever increasing "tin foil hat theories" of poker bots, rigged RNGs, and the "mythical" hole card spy-ware, all the every increasingly sophisicated software will do is drive people away from on-line poker.

Your average person has no problem gambling with their brain and bankroll against others brains and bankroll but most feel cheated when they relaize that others might have an un-fair advantage.

Hand Hisotories should be banned or left in playchip land. Those that use them are cheating themselves out of improving their game. Sure you can multi-table and grind out a certain number of BB's an hour, always less than you can win at a single table, but over all profit per hour is higher. These will be the people other than the software developers who will most venomiously defend their use the most.

Try taking a computer into a live game!!!

Try taking your computerized game into a live game!!!

The use of these crutches destroyes you game and has the potential to corrupt the on-line poker industry into something no one will want to play.

So stop parking in the handicapped sapces..............