what tools you use?

BoaSafra

BoaSafra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've used poker co pilot but after the trial I erased it.
I don't belief it bring some advantage.
I trust my mind and if I have some doubts i replay the hands my opponents and try to figure out how they play. So far this works fine for me.

yep i think like you...
the mind and the studs never fail

BoaSafra

BoaSafra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im playting without any help program. I dont need it because im playing for fun, but of course if I would play regulary I would use it...

good answers!
thank you man, have a nice game!
:deal:

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've used pokertracker in the days of fulltilt. Never really cared for it. The bottom line is, you don't know who you're playing with online and those numbers may lie to you if their roommate or significant other is playing under that particular moniker. Obviously, the likelihood of it being accurate is greater than not but...just me. I prefer notes and simple observation on how players are playing that day. Everyone has moods that shift and they play accordingly sometimes.

+1

NCDaddy hit it right on the head.

In theory a HUD can help but its only as good as the information it collected which could be wrong. It also doesn't take into a count the way the villain is feeling that day causing him to step out of the box.

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best tool is the brain

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually i use many software, for tracking and analyzing my game or even a game played by someone. (For example to see exact odds of some hands played not by me.)
PT4 - because it's best tracker in my opinion. Helps me a lot at many points: shows me exact BB amount in stack of everyone, releasing me of that time-consuming task calculating in mind every time every stack i need to transfer to BBs. Also shows a lot of other useful stats like VPIP, PFR, LIMP frequency, Steal frequency, pre-flop 3bets etc. Also a really powerful tool to make notes, tag hands & replay them. I tell you, once you saw replay running by PT4, you will be laughing about any built-in replayer at any poker room. It also shows me a lot of useful statistical info about my own play, at which type game or specific situations or even with which hands i win or loose most. So i can study and improve my game much more target-oriented. If it's still not enough, it also collects all hands from all my poker rooms and make back-ups nicely. So i will never loose my hand history and have it well organized. And even provides a nice hand converter for the forum (to post for hand analyze), so it looks much more reader-friendly and releases from looking the hand through handhistory.txt files, where hundreds of hands usually are.
But of course i use also some other software for analyzing, such as ICM Trainer, Equilab and PioViewer. I have heard Flopzilla shall be nice too, but i havn't bought it yet.
Honestly, you shall use any possibility to improve your game and software is a great help. I think that the most people who write they don't need any soft, because they use their brain, simply didn't use any or didn't sorted through. I mean of course all you need is a bright mind to be a good player, but a software can help your mind a lot.
But well, it's a matter of taste after all.

WOLF55555

WOLF55555

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't use any programs. I think that playing without them, I make fewer mistakes. The more I think over the cards of the opponents.

C

celtics34

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im a big fan of just using your brain, not a fan of tools or anything related to try to give
you advantages

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally feel it would over complicate my decision making with the extra information to process.. I like the way i think about poker and wouldn't want to become reliant on poker tools cause they don't exist in live play.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i used hold em manager for a short time but i stop to use it because my computer was running bad with that software, so actually i'm not using any software. by the way they are not so important as some people says.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From the very beginning of the poker game, I did not use third-party programs or helpers. I gained experience myself. I read a little about poker on the Internet and that's it.

Kruel7y

Kruel7y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use nothing and start to play only 1 table.
"Multitasking is merely the opportunity to screw up more than one thing at a time"
said someone

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
used to use HM2 then transferred to DriveHUD

ByronP

ByronP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't use any type of software. I play poker daily. review my play performance. I've read a couple of books to either confirm my thought process is on point or to adjust the way I approach certain hands. I watch twitch but am selective on the player I observe to see how they execute hands. Good luck

R

rehanov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i see that lots of people saying it is not important and use ur brain , or the softtware is not much help .
well i disagree the huds rly helps when u play multi table but even if not , u can use the software to analyze ur sessions and ur mistakes and what positions u make the most money and alot of other things
so if it doesnt help u make decisions while on the table at least it help u understand ur mistakes after u finish

BoaSafra

BoaSafra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I trust in one thing, how much more information more EQ about the villain!

gl!

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use holdem Manager 2 and StarsHelper

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Back in the old days , when we could play on pokerstars and Full Tilt here in the US , I liked to look up tournament rankings , and win /loss data on OfficialPokerRankings .

BoaSafra

BoaSafra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i trust in one thing, how much more information you have more EQ about the villain

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I only play holdem and nothing else I just like this style of poker

R

RipItReaper

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I use Poker tracker 4, but another good one to use is go to bossranger.com, it really helps fine tune your post flop play by running you trough hands other people have played in cash and tournaments and trying to put them on specific ranges based on the information you accrue from the action in the hand. Really good site.

T

Tricky123bet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use Pokertracker 4 and used up the Jivaro HUD trial when I started playing.
I personally don't like playing without a HUD, and that might be because I started out using a HUD, and has always played with one after that.
I agree that it is unfair for those who don't use a HUD, and even more unfair to the players that might not even know HUDs exist for poker. A solution for that would be to inform players, upon signup to a site, about HUDs and what they do. That way every new player could make an informed decision, and decide for themselves whether or not they would like to use one.
I would still recommend PT4, even if you don't plan on using its HUD. It's still super useful to analyze hands after the session, and look at your entire database to fix any leaks.

TakingAShot

TakingAShot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are virtually zero online cash pros who don't use Power Equilab, Flopzilla, CardRunnersEV (high stakes), and either HM2 or PT4.

sequoia

sequoia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use StarsHelper, because it shows stack and bets in bb.

515bastos

515bastos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want start to use, but I dont know if worth it the price and in my style gaming.