what software could i use just for tracking profit/ loss?

I

indahood193

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was wondering if there was any software that i could use for cash games that would provide me with charts, and profit/ loss etc. preferably there would be a free trial for it so i could try it out, but this is not paramount. i tried using pokertracker/ holdem manager before and neither worked because they had the wrong names above each player on every table i went to and i would have to re-arrange them and there was also one or two other problems with them that i can't specifically recall. they were the trial versions too, btw.

I

inflnlte

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say use Excel. I use to track my profit/loss, hands played, bbs won, and had some graphs. This wont show you the other stats but its good if you just want to record the basic stuff. I dont know how the other poker software are as ive never used them. You could find some nice Excel templates that have everything set up for you.

triplesyxx

triplesyxx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
holdem manager is a good one, Its awesome and keeps track of everything. as for excel, id like to see some layouts of some that are already out there

triplesyxx

triplesyxx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
holdem manager is a good one, Its awesome and keeps track of everything. as for excel, id like to see some layouts of some that are already out there
they also have a trial you can use for free to check it out.

F

FrostyJack

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No need for expensive software. What's wrong with pen and paper?
Finishing balance - Opening balance = Session Profit.

I

indahood193

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
triplesey and kworm i tried the trial versions of both of those and none of them worked properly though? if i was to buy the proper versions would they work perfectly yeah? i got an excel spreadsheet that i decided to use for my live poker as i wanted to see how profitable i am there- unlike online haha.

triplesyxx

triplesyxx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've had tremendous success with HM2, works great and is def worth every penny.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

I

indahood193

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ah okay cheers. i am tempted to withdraw some money from my bankroll and buy this as opposed to just burning it away at the rate i am going at haha :)

mregister2

mregister2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm surprised there aren't any free alternatives to the paid trackers mentioned. Why spend $50+ on software if you aren't even buying in for that amount. Right now I'm playing $3-$20 tournaments.

Guess I'll just use Excel!

R

RealityCheck123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm surprised there aren't any free alternatives to the paid trackers mentioned. Why spend $50+ on software if you aren't even buying in for that amount. Right now I'm playing $3-$20 tournaments.

I really am not that super experienced, but I'm also playing 1-5$ buyin tourneys, and just recently started using pokertracker, and to admit, apart from the profits and losses it tracks, it also tracks so much more, and with it I find it easier as a beginner to move into a bit more advanced strategy and gameplay. :) you might consider it even if you don't play that high buy-in tournaments :)

seqas

seqas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
personal i liked pt4 more than holdem manager. i guess its a preference tho.
about the name above players, i remember i had some of that i believe you have to set it up within software and the poker site itself
till its right, usually never had to re-arrange any on my own after.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Official PT4 Representative
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

The reason is simple, poker rooms make changes every week to hand histories and we have been working hard to incorporate these changes for 12 years as they occur. If one small change occurs, it could break the ability to parse the text from the hands. This makes it really hard to release something as freeware.

To keep things in perspective Tournaments up to $22 is included in our Small Stakes version, anything bigger is considered to be middle or high stakes. A $5 event could net you significantly more than the price of our software, its cheeper than a dinner for 2, or a family of four at the movies. Its a small price to pay for our maintenance and upkeep, and to help you improve your play while tracking your results. With that said, an excel spreadsheet is certainly usable for the most basic of functions, but of course Excel costs more than PokerTracker 4 :icon_thum

I

indahood193

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i bought HM2. sorry pokertracker haha :)

N

Nick pokerfuse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For a simple product that's just for tracking profit/loss, there is pokeit.co, which is a web-based 'cloud' solution that's quite minimal; it has nice graphing for tournaments and cash games, handles lots of games/sites, and provides a hand history/session reviewer, but none of the advanced HUD or reporting facilities.

It's free for your first 25k hands then a few $ a month. I use both PT4 and pokeit.co in conjunction.

PDAlex

PDAlex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerData supports pokerstars and is currently free for private beta users. Check out the thread here or visit the homepage for more details.

For simply tracking cash games and sessions and charting your results, it should give you the information you need.

R

Razmog

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey

If you are an iPhone user, you have quite a few Apps to simply track your earnings. Poker Analytics (I'm the developer) is doing it (and a lot more), we have very good feedbacks, you can try it for free before making up your mind.

You can check the website to get all our features and screenshots

www.poker-analytics.net

Regards,

Z

zingbust

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

The pokertracker rep gave you an answer as though he was unaware that such a free program does exist. But I'm sure he is well aware that there actually is a free alternative and many people like it. It's called FPDB, which stands for free poker Database or something like that. It may be a nightmare to configure, but many users use it and like it. I just downloaded it because my pokertracker 3 doesn't work right and PT4 is probably too bloated to run on my computers without slowing everything else down too much, so I'm going to give the freeware a try. I'll probably find it too much of a nightmare myself and just be happy with PT3 and all it's problems anyway, but since FPDB allows you to tinker with the software, maybe if I find that it's not working right, I can change the code to get it to work for my specific computers.

I

indahood193

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The pokertracker rep gave you an answer as though he was unaware that such a free program does exist. But I'm sure he is well aware that there actually is a free alternative and many people like it. It's called FPDB, which stands for Free Poker Database or something like that. It may be a nightmare to configure, but many users use it and like it. I just downloaded it because my pokertracker 3 doesn't work right and PT4 is probably too bloated to run on my computers without slowing everything else down too much, so I'm going to give the freeware a try. I'll probably find it too much of a nightmare myself and just be happy with PT3 and all it's problems anyway, but since FPDB allows you to tinker with the software, maybe if I find that it's not working right, I can change the code to get it to work for my specific computers.

cheers, but i actually asked this question almost a year ago haha so it is fine now. i basically just use sharkscope for the graph and OPR for my results to analyse how each day/ week/ month went. since i asked this question i now play full time haha

marqha

marqha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i thing HEM is best software. Much faster imports ,Faster report loading for non heroes with many hands (20x by my tests for players with 10k+ hands) ,vs hero stats , sync hands to the iphone App post hands quickly to many sites + twitter better replayer (equity graph, streaming hand notes)