What is the meaning of the numbers a pro poker player uses?

A

Amdho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, i saw video with player ( professionel player) use programme with number ( 4 number for each player), what is the meaning of his numbers? ty for your ansrows, have good day and have fun.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Well, we will need a bit more information than that to help you. Where did you see the video? Who was the pro? Do you have a Youtube link for the video?

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Huummm, I think you're referring to a 'tracker' like PokerTracker or HoldemManager.
These are programs that track your entire history of played tournaments as well as those played against you at the same table, and they serve to show you more accurate statistics depending on the number of hands you have. The most relevant statistics are usually VPIP (voluntarily put in pot) and PRF (preflop raise), but there are many others like 3bet/cbet frequency, fold to steal/cbet etc...

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You may be talking about a HUD Heads Up Display. This is 3rd party tracking software that shows how your opponents tend to play. The most common is VPIP which is how often you voluntarily put money in the pot. It can show if someone is loose or tight among other things.

A

Amdho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
youtube video :
pro player, number after near 40min
thank you for you differents answers.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
pro player, number after near 40min
thank you for you differents answers.
The other answers were pointing to the right direction. That is a HUD indeed. Specifically that seems to be a built in HUD on Winamax platform. Quick googling reveals that the four numbers on Winamax are: VPIP (Voluntarily put money in pot), PFR (Pre-flop raise percentage), 3-BET (Percentage of hands re-raised on pre-flop), and MAINS (How many hands the opponent has played since you came to the table).

xaj9x

xaj9x

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello😀
Yes, this is a HUD, it helps professional players and sometimes semi-professional players not to follow all the actions, thanks to statistics they quickly understand how the player acts in this or that situation and what actions take place at the table, it is very convenient if you play several tables at the same time, at the initial stage Only a part of the statistics is enough to draw x good conclusions😀

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The problem for me with these built in HUDs is that they only use the number of hands since joining the table.....you have no history with the player beyond that which is necessary for an accurate read. I see them as just a gimmick. What do you think?

A

Amdho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You may be talking about a HUD Heads Up Display. This is 3rd party tracking software that shows how your opponents tend to play. The most common is VPIP which is how often you voluntarily put money in the pot. It can show if someone is loose or tight among other things.

The other answers were pointing to the right direction. That is a HUD indeed. Specifically that seems to be a built in HUD on Winamax platform. Quick googling reveals that the four numbers on Winamax are: VPIP (Voluntarily put money in pot), PFR (Pre-flop raise percentage), 3-BET (Percentage of hands re-raised on pre-flop), and MAINS (How many hands the opponent has played since you came to the table).
thank you for explain, have good day, gg and have fun

A

Amdho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem for me with these built in HUDs is that they only use the number of hands since joining the table.....you have no history with the player beyond that which is necessary for an accurate read. I see them as just a gimmick. What do you think?
thank you for answer, I do not use software even hud that I did not know. my opinion is that having a hud gives interesting information and good information can help in decision making, for my part the observation of the days defines their style, and not playing as much table as the pro, I think not have to use it. what would be interesting to know is how much this program changes the way a player plays? and if it improves poker performance?
have good day, gg and have fun