Watching other tables and hands for software

P

PPT

Rock Star
Total posts
Following advice here I've just recently downloaded Hand2Note and I'm curious how the software works regarding its hands database. I'm playing on 888 and don't have much of a database yet as I only started playing a couple of weeks ago on the site.

I've currently just got VPIP/PFR and total hands showing.

I was just in a tournament as a qualifier for a ticket and was on the bubble (of getting excess cash, not the ticket yet) with just mine and one other table left, so I started watching the other table. I was literally watching it, because I was low-stacked but didn't want to push unless I had to or had amazing cards and was hoping somebody else would get out first on the other table.

After a few hands I noticed the data from the other table was getting filled in. This surprised me. Thankfully I was able to double-up and someone else from the other table did go out first, meaning and then when we went to final table (1-7 got the ticket, 8-9 cash) I had chips and also some data from the other table I'd been watching. I finished in 6th so I did get the ticket.

So I'm wondering how come my database was getting filled in from the other table I was watching. Was it only because I was watching it? Or would it have been doing so even if I hadn't been watching it?

Does that mean its worth watching tables you're not playing on just to fill the database up? Especially if eg when there's only 2-3 tables left?

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Total posts
Awards
BR
this is the hand2note observer mode (the software gather data from observer table, of course you have to open tables)

in their site they explain how this works. If worth do that or not, is a personal choice.

P

PPT

Rock Star
Total posts
this is the hand2note observer mode (the software gather data from observer table, of course you have to open tables)

in their site they explain how this works. If worth do that or not, is a personal choice.
Ah thanks, that makes sense. Does the table need to be visible in the foreground for that to be working, or can it be in the background behind the table you're playing on and it still works? I've been running them side-by-side but if its open running in the background will it still work?

K

killbello

Enthusiast
Total posts
Yeah is great this function for observe and study other players before play against theys

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands