Using equity and odds calculator in game

R

RollinFatties

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How many of you use these types of programs (Equilab, PokerRanger, etc) during your play?

I use a HUD and sometimes will occasionally peek at some range charts. I have Equilab, and I find it valuable when reviewing hand history, but it's near impossible to use it in-game, unless I have a healthy time bank.

I see a lot of videos where players will review hands in-depth utilizing these tools, but I'm curious if anyone can use them effectively real time. Is it just a matter of using them repeatedly or are they designed for review and expiramental play?

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't heard of anyone using it in game. There are too many data points and not enough time to enter them, as you have seen.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At least in pokerstars it is strictly forbidden to use such programs during play. Once i had forgotten equilab running in background and my stars client shutdown and i received warning on my mail and needed to reply that i have understood what i have done to make my account live again. There is good reason such programs to be forbidden - knowing the precise equity of your decisions while you play will turn the game to a simple "click when you have over 50% equity" thing and effectively kill online poker. There is no practical difference between bot and human who uses live equity readings except the fact that you are clicking the mouse buttons instead of the bot.

A

antonioconnor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GE
Chips
How many of you use these types of programs (Equilab, PokerRanger, etc) during your play?

I use a HUD and sometimes will occasionally peek at some range charts. I have Equilab, and I find it valuable when reviewing hand history, but it's near impossible to use it in-game, unless I have a healthy time bank.

I see a lot of videos where players will review hands in-depth utilizing these General tools, but I'm curious if anyone can use them effectively real time. Is it just a matter of using them repeatedly or are they designed for review and expiramental play?
Hi. I’m looking for an App that displays both the preflop and post-flop equity based on holding a specific pair and calculates the odds against all possible opponent hand combinations.

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Funfact: I used to use Equilab once in a while playing on Pokerstars. Some days ago I got an Email from PS stating that Equilab is forbidden to use while playing. That Pokertracker, which is allowed on PS, has an inbuild "Equity Calculator", is not a problem for PS though.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
To stay in the black, you need to make mathematically correct decisions based on equity - the chances of winning the pot from the hand. You need to know the success rate.The program will calculate the chances of winning, the probability of closing a draw, pot odds and other indicators. The functionality, capabilities, and settings of different calculators vary.Then the player makes his own decision. Following the mathematical analysis of a program does not always lead to success. Positive equity alone is not enough. The opponent’s playing style, his tendency to bluff and other factors are important.

leahlovelyrose

leahlovelyrose

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Funfact: I used to use Equilab once in a while playing on Pokerstars. Some days ago I got an Email from PS stating that Equilab is forbidden to use while playing. That Pokertracker, which is allowed on PS, has an inbuild "Equity Calculator", is not a problem for PS though.
PokerTracker detects that you're playing on PokerStars, and does not allow you to use the equity calculator while the PS client is open. Try it.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
such programs are prohibited during the game - you need to be banned - you are not playing according to the rules and not honestly

Poker Odds Calculator Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator Top 10 Games