C

chillipops

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys,

I am a recriational player and work for a living but have been trying to improve by paying for a subscription for the available softwares, I have tried Icimizer 3 and also HRC but before I pay for another subscripton I have decided to ask you all which one you might prefer and why ? I have talked to a few coaches and they recommend them both?

There are others out there but I am a slow learner so please suggest other ways of me improving my game ??

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Welcome to CardsChat chillipops,

Both softwares can be used to analyze your game, BUT ask yourself if a piece of software is what you actually need to improve?
If you are not playing at skill level that you would like to play but you are not sure how to get there it might be time to shake up your beliefs.

What I'm saying is - how about a membership on some training site that can help you to hone your skills, and maybe learn new ways of thinking?

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerTracker, it's the greatest learning tool on the market.

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerTracker, it's the greatest learning tool on the market.
I would also recommend this tool. However, there is the problem that it has to be configured first. But if someone helps you, it should be no problem.
I don't know any other programs, but I think it's important that the graphical interface appeals to you and that you feel comfortable with it.

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are some free softwares for begginers who dont have money to invest.
Hand2Note is a poker tracker. Equilab is an calculator of ranges, very good for begginers to get used to thinking in ranges.
There is the NashICM calculator, a site where u can have some tips about shoving ranges.
If u wanna invest in something, the first think to put money on is the ICMIZER, not that the trackers is less important, but u have an free option listed above.

CheckDisOut

CheckDisOut

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What i suggest is to play until you can afford those tools, then you'll prolly won't need them.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a learning curve with PokerTracker but if you invest the time you will be miles ahead of people who don't have it or don't know how to interpret the stats.

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both Icimizer 3 and HRC are good for off table MTT study. I use Icimizer but i hear good thing about both App. I do suggest getting a database to store hand history for this app to analyze. I suggest getting DriveHUD as database because its easy to learn and if you need help, you can PM John A here in CC or contact support.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By my opinion, to improve own Game, necessary more to play... Not more, and not less!
Has a good phrase: "Practice makes perfect!" Good Luck!

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The best way to improve your game is to improve your own skills, accumulate experience, analyze mistakes and learn from them. I have never used assistive software, instead learning from my own mistakes. At the moment I'm doing pretty well and my bankroll is growing.