Software

H

Habbiner

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have just had a look at this websites tips for begginers. Four tips include using software. I have never used software. Using software is not poker, its cheating.

Quitting was so right.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
And what is the fraud when using software ???

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are some poker sites that don't allow users to use software, I suggest you try those sites instead.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yep poker needs to be played without any electronical help. i agree. live poker dosent do any of this stuff and thats perfectly fine.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Using HUD is absolutely not cheating. HUD uses the information from your hand history which you already have regardless if you use it or not. Moreover most HUDs are also database of your games and really helpful to analyze and correct your mistakes. As everybody have access to his/her hand history and there are even completely free HUDs not using one is like going with knife on gun fight. You are free to do it but you give an edge to those players who are better prepared.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to just play, gain experience and improve my skills. Personally, I do not use additional software. But I also do not think using such programs is a scam.

H

Habbiner

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Using electronic aids takes the skill out of poker, its just one aid against another. Those with aids have an unfair advantage. The consequence of this is that unless you have an aid, you will lose.

How can that be fair? online poker stinks to high heaven.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that many people do not know how exactly HUDs work. If you think that HUD is some kind of magical software which calculates automatically equities, pot odds and tells you which is the good play - well think again. Such programs exist most probably but they are forbidden on every poker site and that is how it should be.

I will give you example. Some time ago i had opened the equilab software from pokerstrategy to check some hand equities. I also had pokerstars loby opened in background (i was not playing on any table). Immediately i got message from pokerstars client that my account is temporarily blocked and i need to check my mail. I checked and they warned me that this program can not be used while pokerstars client is open, pointed me towards the list of allowed and forbidden software and asked me to reply that i have understood the rules and will not do that again. After that they unblocked my account. So at least big poker rules have rather aggressive approach monitoring what software you are using while playing.

Now regarding the HUD. What HUD does is to display statistics for certain player based on your hand history. You can do that manually by monitoring how players play and taking notes of them. HUD just do it automatically and displays the results in real time so that you can use this additional information to take your decision. It is just a tool using information that you already have (your hand history). Just like any tool it can be useful if you know what displayed statistics mean or it can even harm your game if you have no or vague idea. Considering that there are free HUDs i do not see reason to not try using one if you want to improve your game.

If you want HUD free sites you have such like party poker for example.

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Using electronic aids takes the skill out of poker, its just one aid against another. Those with aids have an unfair advantage. The consequence of this is that unless you have an aid, you will lose.

How can that be fair? Online poker stinks to high heaven.

Using a hud is no different from the people who use charts and only play certain hands in certain ways. That's not poker IMO

I aids your thinking of however are the ones that tell you if you should play fold, check etc, not a hud that just gives basic information. The ones you mention are not allowed at any credible site ..

T1ltmonkey

T1ltmonkey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

How can that be fair? Online poker stinks to high heaven.

If by ”electronic aids” you mean HUDs, then I can assure you they are no magic bullet. Seeing stats on an opponent is certainly an advantage, you are right about that, but you also need to be able to use that data. There are lots of players out there with HUDs who do not really understand how to interpret and act on the data they see. It still takes patience and serious study to get good.

Whether you like it or not, HUDs are part of online poker today. If you want to use them or not is up to you. The good news for anyone who don’t like them is that more and more sites are banning them altogether or offering anonymous tables. So there are options where you don’t have to face players using software aids. I am basically in favor of this, but on sites where HUDs are allowed, I will certainly use them to level the playing field (and — yes — try to gain a *legal* advantage over players who don’t use them).

For the record, I am winning more on sites with no HUD. Interpret that however you like. But you have options.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm HUDless and profitable, does that make me a cheater too? :)

Dmitriy Mishin

Dmitriy Mishin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the software does not play for you and does not make the right decisions, it helps analyze your game, with the help of software, you can only understand for yourself which strategy you should take to play well, this is only after a game session. In the game itself, the software only collects statistics on players, but you can do this with a pen and paper).

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your brain is software, this Apps make it easy for the non-geniouses , adn if they know how to read user stats, they can only play by this, without even looking their cards... just by 3betting a user that usually folds, by shove to folders, adn so on