SNG Wizard 3 Quizzes Feature

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone have any tips and advice on how to get the most out of SNG Wizard's Quizzes feature? I am trying to use it to prepare for 6-max hyper turbos on Stars.

It seems that the tool assigns a hand range to the villains who have acted in front of/are to act behind of you, and that you are supposed to review this along with the stack/BB ratio and then adjust your own range accordingly. I have the opponent model set to "empirical".

The range that the software inputs for the opponents - is that supposed to be the theoretical range for that situation - i.e. what you could assume from an opponent in that spot having 0 hand history with them - or what you should do in this particular spot against this opponent playing this specified range?

I am hoping it is the former - i.e. the theoretical or game theory model. I am finding it difficult to get the correct answers so far - full disclosure; I am not a winning player!! Hoping I will jive more with this software soon and my bankroll will thank me :)

I find the graphics offputting, but they offer a 31 day trial whereas the main alternative, ICMIZER Trainer, does not. My main other concern is, does this software and others like it adequately account for bubble situations in the ranges it's recommending? Take the 6-max hyper format for example. It seems to me based on my completely (losing player) opinion :D that it is recommending the 2nd place stack to push after the 1st place stack has pushed into the 3rd place stack way more often than I'd be inclined to.

Sorry for the rambly post ... trying to learn ! this is a fantastic community!

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's an example of what I'm talking about. Sure this 10bb shove with 100% of hands makes sense if we know villain in the BB is only calling 5.9% of hands but how realistic is that? There's no way the optimal calling range there could be that tight, or am I missing something?

m0Bf9GV

https://ibb.co/m0Bf9GV