Sharkscope ratings

S

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Total posts
Anyone here use sharkscope? I use it to follow myself as well as get some insight into other players. I don't have a premium account- it's pretty expensive.

Most players don't "Opt-In," so you can see very little info about them- really just the stakes they play at, # of tournaments they have played, and Sharkscope's own numerical rating system titled "Ability," on a scale from 50-100.

I use this number to kind of get a sense of the other player ability- to a very limited extent. The issue is the higher stake that is played the more weight is given to this score.
My score floats between 76-77, but I play really only $10 and $20 tourneys. My average stake is $8.50. At my stakes this is probably the highest rating I can get. Other players come onto the table and you can look them up- one had an average stake of about $27 and ability score of about 68ish. He was absolutely terrible. In the 10 dollar sit and go's a score of 68 will show the player has a pretty good grasp of the game.

Does anyone have any knowledge about how this score is compiled and how much weight is given to the stakes played at?

S

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Total posts
EDIT* The player's Ability score score was 73.

Does anybody know how to edit a post? I cannot find the button to do so. I swear there used to be one.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EDIT* The player's Ability score score was 73.

Does anybody know how to edit a post? I cannot find the button to do so. I swear there used to be one.

A post can only be edited for a limited amount of time like 30 minutes. After that only a moderator can edit it. As for Sharkscope no idea how the ability score is calculated.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
I found this old thread in a search. I am also interested in learning more about the ability rating. Mine is 70 and I don't think I've ever searched anyone who had a higher one than that.