Sharkscope ratings

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone here use sharkscope? I use it to follow myself as well as get some insight into other players. I don't have a premium account- it's pretty expensive.

Most players don't "Opt-In," so you can see very little info about them- really just the stakes they play at, # of tournaments they have played, and Sharkscope's own numerical rating system titled "Ability," on a scale from 50-100.

I use this number to kind of get a sense of the other player ability- to a very limited extent. The issue is the higher stake that is played the more weight is given to this score.
My score floats between 76-77, but I play really only $10 and $20 tourneys. My average stake is $8.50. At my stakes this is probably the highest rating I can get. Other players come onto the table and you can look them up- one had an average stake of about $27 and ability score of about 68ish. He was absolutely terrible. In the 10 dollar sit and go's a score of 68 will show the player has a pretty good grasp of the game.

Does anyone have any knowledge about how this score is compiled and how much weight is given to the stakes played at?

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
EDIT* The player's Ability score score was 73.

Does anybody know how to edit a post? I cannot find the button to do so. I swear there used to be one.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
EDIT* The player's Ability score score was 73.

Does anybody know how to edit a post? I cannot find the button to do so. I swear there used to be one.

A post can only be edited for a limited amount of time like 30 minutes. After that only a moderator can edit it. As for Sharkscope no idea how the ability score is calculated.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I found this old thread in a search. I am also interested in learning more about the ability rating. Mine is 70 and I don't think I've ever searched anyone who had a higher one than that.

T

theGiggityGIG

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
83 now. there are quite a few people higher than me ive seen too