Sharkscope and HUDs statistics - Do you take them into consideration?

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you check your or your opponents' statistics on Sharkscope or Huds? Are they relevant to you or not? There are some statistics in Sharkscope and Huds that show when we are not doing so well. Below are the main stats I use to analyze myself or analyze my opponents. If there are more stats besides this one that you consider important comment here to know more.

EV bb / 100 - minimum 10
bb / 100
ITM%
Total Roi
Average roi
Early finishes up to 6
Average profit

All of these data are only relevant with a significant sample (volume).

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Devynson, I have never really taken those statistics into account, I think I should do it, but since I am a fish I imagine that things will not look good there, you are a great player and you should have very good statistics

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Devynson, I have never really taken those statistics into account, I think I should do it, but since I am a fish I imagine that things will not look good there, you are a great player and you should have very good statistics
On the contrary, they are not excellent. I always analyze with the intention of improving my game. Only that. I use it as a study tool. But thanks for the compliment. GL

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you check your or your opponents' statistics on Sharkscope or Huds? Are they relevant to you or not? (...)

Very good question!
Yes, I do check my villains in Sharkscope, but with a pinch of skepticism tho.
Poker is known, as the game of insufficient information, so in order to improve our results, we should use any information we can get.
And this is where sharkscope can help. I'm totally agreed with you, deyvsonflp that a bigger tournament seize is highly important when you decide if the information provided by sharkscope relevant or not, due tournament poker variance. From my own experience and feeling, I'd go with 1-1,5K+ games.

I think that the graph itself says more than numbers. "No safety in numbers" seems kinda legit in there. And that's why I said, that I take sharkscope "with a pinch of skepticism".

For example, I have personally a nice big minus at some rooms, considering sharkscope's information, which is total bullshit. As I know I'm in plus there. :rolleyes:
This happens, when you're winning tickets over satellites. Sharkscope doesn't understand this and counting your tickets, as if you've been paying normal buy-in. So when you winning tickets constantly and losing target tournament, which is obviously a normal thing. Well, you'll be looking like a big loser on sharkscope pretty soon, even though you're making plus in that room overall.

Taking all those facts said above in an account, I would really be careful with the assumptions made about somebody, based only on his minus sharkscope stats. It can be, that he is a very good player, who just loves to play the satellites.

However, the good news, that if somebody has a really nice green graph and plus stats and some solid amount of games played, he is pretty likely a good regular and you shall be careful with him.

The graph is my favorite feature on sharkscope, because the form of it can tell you so much about the player. Let's take a virtual example of some graphs and what they could tell us:
  1. Started with going down to red, then slowly but surely going up to the green and raising further: Tells me that the player is improving his game and although he wasn't very good at the beginning (which is normal thing), but now he could be in a very good form by now.
  2. Started with constant red, then suddenly jumped into the sky and then slowly, but constantly goes down: Tells me, that it's probably not a very good player, who had his lucky hour and scooped a big tournament, which brought him the good winnings, but because he is not improving his game, he is about to lose it with the time and go back to where he started.
  3. Started with green and going up, then after some time going constantly down: Tells me that the player was at the beginning in a good form, but had lost it or being in a rough time in the downswing. In both cases, you might assume from him to make mistakes and not playing his A-Game.
  4. Only green graphs with a big amount of games pointing always on good solid regs or even pros.
  5. Only red graphs can be tricky, as I said above. Usually, I make a note about it and in most cases it's a bad player, but in some cases, it could be just fake information and you really have to look closer to that player's game.
I hope my thoughts on that can help. :)

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
The truth is that I do not check this data of my opponents ... But I am one of the players who put notes to my opponents about some interesting movements in their game ... And it is clear that if you have a HUD as for example poker tracker ... you should consider the data on your statistics ...!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me a HUD is a very usefull tool, and if it is allowed, why not use it. I am less convinced though about the value of looking people up in sharkscope. This force you to take attention away from the games, you are playing. So the only time, I would even consider this, is, if I had arrived at a final table in an important tournament, and I was lacking information on some of the opponents. Then the Sharkscope history can at least give some idea, if its a regular or not.

2vklover

2vklover

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
HUD

What HUD is affordable that you request?

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Good question , information is always welcome in every aspect of life but we should filter the data most of the times.
IMHO Sharkscope makes sense for a good regular against some unknown players above some buy ins.Something like $20-$30 maybe?!?!I mean fields that play more regulars and not everyone.And of course if the opponent has volume.

Having the info that a player is giving a shot in a $200 buy in MTT for example will affect 100% your strategy against a $200 BI regular.Not always but it will make some difference.

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Very good question!
Yes, I do check my villains in Sharkscope, but with a pinch of skepticism tho.
Poker is known, as the game of insufficient information, so in order to improve our results, we should use any information we can get.
And this is where sharkscope can help. I'm totally agreed with you, deyvsonflp that a bigger tournament seize is highly important when you decide if the information provided by sharkscope relevant or not, due tournament poker variance. From my own experience and feeling, I'd go with 1-1,5K+ games.

I think that the graph itself says more than numbers. "No safety in numbers" seems kinda legit in there. And that's why I said, that I take sharkscope "with a pinch of skepticism".

For example, I have personally a nice big minus at some rooms, considering sharkscope's information, which is total bullshit. As I know I'm in plus there. :rolleyes:
This happens, when you're winning tickets over satellites. Sharkscope doesn't understand this and counting your tickets, as if you've been paying normal buy-in. So when you winning tickets constantly and losing target tournament, which is obviously a normal thing. Well, you'll be looking like a big loser on sharkscope pretty soon, even though you're making plus in that room overall.

Taking all those facts said above in an account, I would really be careful with the assumptions made about somebody, based only on his minus sharkscope stats. It can be, that he is a very good player, who just loves to play the satellites.

However, the good news, that if somebody has a really nice green graph and plus stats and some solid amount of games played, he is pretty likely a good regular and you shall be careful with him.

The graph is my favorite feature on sharkscope, because the form of it can tell you so much about the player. Let's take a virtual example of some graphs and what they could tell us:
  1. Started with going down to red, then slowly but surely going up to the green and raising further: Tells me that the player is improving his game and although he wasn't very good at the beginning (which is normal thing), but now he could be in a very good form by now.
  2. Started with constant red, then suddenly jumped into the sky and then slowly, but constantly goes down: Tells me, that it's probably not a very good player, who had his lucky hour and scooped a big tournament, which brought him the good winnings, but because he is not improving his game, he is about to lose it with the time and go back to where he started.
  3. Começou com verde e subindo, depois de algum tempo descendo constantemente: Me diz que o jogador estava no início em uma boa forma, mas tinha perdido ou estar em um momento difícil na queda. Em ambos os casos, você pode assumir dele para cometer erros e não jogar seu A-Game.
  4. Apenas gráficos verdes com uma grande quantidade de jogos apontando sempre em boas regras sólidas ou mesmo profissionais.
  5. Só os gráficos vermelhos podem ser complicados, como eu disse acima. Normalmente, eu faço uma nota sobre isso e na maioria dos casos é um jogador ruim, mas em alguns casos, pode ser apenas informações falsas e você realmente tem que olhar mais perto do jogo desse jogador.
Espero que meus pensamentos sobre isso possam ajudar. :)

That's why I don't just look at the graph, but the information given in "statistics" like: ROI, capacity, early and late finishes, ITM and number of games per day to differentiate from recreational by a regular.

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me a HUD is a very usefull tool, and if it is allowed, why not use it. I am less convinced though about the value of looking people up in Sharkscope. This force you to take attention away from the games, you are playing. So the only time, I would even consider this, is, if I had arrived at a final table in an important tournament, and I was lacking information on some of the opponents. Then the Sharkscope history can at least give some idea, if its a regular or not.
I normally use it to analyze a FT, and if it is a big MTT, already in Semi FT I do the analysis. Sometimes I do it when I see an abnormal villain move. It doesn't take my attention away and gives me more information.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use them both religiously and where I can color code players for future game selection.