T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I've been using sharkscope for a week or so now and it seems to be really helpful getting an idea about the players in a tourney. Does anyone know how accurate the data is?

The reason I ask is I come across players that SS says are losing HUGE amounts. Like 10-20k over 5 or 10 years! Is that real? I see these guys playing badly in low stakes S&Gs so I guess they are just that bad, It seems amazing to me though that someone is still spending money on poker after losing for 5 years plus.

Also, I looked up Chris Moneymaker's ACR account and he is losing a TON. Like almost 50k in 5 months! Is that actually true?

T

thunder_road

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sharkscope is generally accurate. sometimes it misses some rebuys reentrys and addons.

I also doesn't calculate satellite entrys correctly. if u win an 10.00+1.00 ticket in an1.00+.1 satellite it will deduct 12.01 from your profit totals.

i too am amazed at the players who lose over 1k. i guess losing 20.00 in a nite of poker is cheaper than going out to dinner

T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yep! I also validated this with Moneymaker. He has a hidden profile that is doing well but his Pro profile from ACR is visible and he says he has been losing non-stop since becoming an ACR pro!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I dont find the information to be that accurate to be honest. Its great to get an idea but i would not put 100% faith into it.