Sharkscope

L

Lieutenant_OH7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lately I was checking some players stats on sharkscope, found it interesting to see the actual profit of players, not like on here or hendon mob where you don't see all the buyins or rebuys taken into it.

Now some players seem to be invisible there (or they require you to send a few cents on certain networks to see everything), but you can also "opt out" so people can't look up your stats/winrate. Some pro players seem to do that and I wonder why, would it be so people can't see if they lost money? Cuz it seems kinda lame to me...

Btw I actually learned an important lesson from stats I saw there, mainly from succesful players. Shows how patient you have to be and the variance can strike you and it can actually take a while until you are even break-even... That depends on the stakes you play and quantity too offcourse but it clearly showed me something, as I recently also heard "poker is a marathon, not a sprint"...

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now some players seem to be invisible there (or they require you to send a few cents on certain networks to see everything), but you can also "opt out" so people can't look up your stats/winrate. Some pro players seem to do that and I wonder why, would it be so people can't see if they lost money? Cuz it seems kinda lame to me...
I think the answer is direct from their own warning:
"Use of these statistics to abuse players is strictly prohibited by us and all sites we cover and may result in account closures."​
I've seen people do that, along with death threats and whatever else they can think of to intimidate other players. The world out there is not always as respectful as we are used to here at Cardschat.

L

Lieutenant_OH7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Use of these statistics to abuse players is strictly prohibited by us and all sites we cover and may result in account closures."​
I've seen people do that, along with death threats and whatever else they can think of to intimidate other players. The world out there is not always as respectful as we are used to here at Cardschat.

Huh do you mean cuz of jealousy of their good results? Cuz it a player is playing professionally and has good Live results which are always trackable, is being sponsored etc it's the same case I guess?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

They've 'blocked' their stats. which is quite common (it's not due to abusing the use of the stats.).

Many of the players who you see with stats. blocked are actually BIG winners. Not all of course.

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Perhaps they don't want to advertise the results so other players are still more inclined to play games with them.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do they have a cash game equivalent of this?

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I had a guy on the Canadian FB FR on partypoker last week say that he was going to "raape (sic) you froggy". So I looked up his PP stats: ROI = -100%!!

I was soooo tempted to point out that he was neg 100%, but then I would be breaking the Sharkscope rules, and he may have decided to opt out. Of course, he might have gotten a clue and looked up my +1000% on PP. I'm not sure if this would have made him shut up, or increased the stupidity. I was just content with the idea that increasing the stupidity would have been very, very difficult. :D

L

Lieutenant_OH7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So Sharkscope does include Sitngos, but not cashgames or does it?
I think a good reason for some players to hide is probably that Sharkscope has a HUD too you can buy, so that would give you an advantage towards those players probably if their stats are available. Can't think of another good reason actually cuz Lena900 for example #1 on alltime money list is opted out too, for pokerstars while his earnings can be seen on 55s.. However in the end they often didn't make alll that much money, could be anothe reason for wanting to hide it, I did some calculations and their online earnings combined on 2 players and for example C Darwin, another of the most succesful ones online has made a total of about 14mil$ in price winnings, however if you check all his sharkscope stats he would still just be up 3mil$... Another very succesful player 6.3mil in earnings, but just 985k profit in the end... Now it's still very much money offcourse but a big difference with their total prizemoney... I wish hendon mob would show stats like that as well, gives a much better overview/idea of how much money certain players make, how succesful they are...

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Years ago ALL hands on ALL online cash tables were tracked on a site called PokerTableRatings.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So Sharkscope does include Sitngos, but not cashgames or does it?
I think a good reason for some players to hide is probably that Sharkscope has a HUD too you can buy, so that would give you an advantage towards those players probably if their stats are available. Can't think of another good reason actually cuz Lena900 for example #1 on alltime money list is opted out too, for pokerstars while his earnings can be seen on 55s.. However in the end they often didn't make alll that much money, could be anothe reason for wanting to hide it, I did some calculations and their online earnings combined on 2 players and for example C Darwin, another of the most succesful ones online has made a total of about 14mil$ in price winnings, however if you check all his sharkscope stats he would still just be up 3mil$... Another very succesful player 6.3mil in earnings, but just 985k profit in the end... Now it's still very much money offcourse but a big difference with their total prizemoney... I wish hendon mob would show stats like that as well, gives a much better overview/idea of how much money certain players make, how succesful they are...
No cashgames on sharkscope. But you can still use it if you're trying to avoid cash tables with too many regs since most of them play tournaments too.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sharkscope require a player to actively opt in for his stats and results to be publicly visible. I guess, this is to comply with anti datamining policy of poker sites and avoid trials and possibly closure. It was not always like this, but the prior policy of Sharkscope was clearly not legal. I think, its fair like this. You can opt in, if you want your results to be visible, and otherwise they are not. I personally opted in, mainly because I like to follow my own results, and my tracker (PT4) does not work well with tournaments.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No cashgames on sharkscope. But you can still use it if you're trying to avoid cash tables with too many regs since most of them play tournaments too.

On sites, that allow it, a HUD is a much better and more precise tool for table selecting. Also table selecting is not so much about avoiding regs, since they are everywhere. Its more about finding the fish. If there is just one big fish at the table, you can be profitable, even you are not the best reg.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On sites, that allow it, a HUD is a much better and more precise tool for table selecting. Also table selecting is not so much about avoiding regs, since they are everywhere. Its more about finding the fish. If there is just one big fish at the table, you can be profitable, even you are not the best reg.
True. But only on sites that allow database huds :). Not allowed where I play so I gotta rely on histories of hands I've played + sharkscope.

Some tables I've encountered have been duplicates of each other tbh with the same 5 regs on all of them just playing against one another. I don't mind the fun of playing with regs but sometimes prefer to figure out where I will have a better winrate.

L

Lieutenant_OH7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sharkscope require a player to actively opt in for his stats and results to be publicly visible. I guess, this is to comply with anti datamining policy of poker sites and avoid trials and possibly closure. It was not always like this, but the prior policy of Sharkscope was clearly not legal. I think, its fair like this. You can opt in, if you want your results to be visible, and otherwise they are not. I personally opted in, mainly because I like to follow my own results, and my tracker (PT4) does not work well with tournaments.

No that's not true, you are "opted in" by default, every player on the networks they track (for all tournaments), you're only "opted out" if you specifically choose to and somehow set/ask for that on Sharkscope...