What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Howdy Chatters!
I missed this month's forum challenge, due to a very frustrating reason:

YouTube suspended my account permanently!

I recently received this e-mail from YouTube:

Cap

I was shocked as you can imagine and of course appealed via the link provided. In my appeal I clearly stated the truth which is that I used my YouTube account only to comment on poker videos - mainly for the forum tasks - and to upload poker hand videos via the incorporated in PokerTracker4 menu feature. I could not imagine how that was a breach of community rules! I pleaded with them to specify the infraction that lead to the ban.

Their reply was this:

Hello,
We have received your account appeal and will get back to you as soon as possible.
Sincerely,
The YouTube Team

And followed by this:

Hello,
Thank you for your account suspension appeal. We have decided to keep your account suspended based on our Community Guidelines and Terms of Service. Please visit http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines for more information.
Please do not respond to this email. Replies to this email will not be processed. Please refer to our https://support.google.com/youtube for more information.
Sincerely,
The YouTube Team

I tried one more time, in order to at least learn what my mortal sin was and they replied this:

Hello,
We have looked into your request and found that you have recently sent an appeal. Please wait for the result of your current appeal. If it has already been decided, please refer to that outcome. Note: You cannot appeal a second time.
Sincerely,
The YouTube Team

Period. End of story. I am supposed to have violated the guidelines, in a vague fashion with no specific accusation. Still, the verdict is final and I cannot create another account. Thus I cannot even take part in the forum challenge and I do not know what the F*$#@ for!!! Mind you that I only uploaded PT4 hand videos via the PT4 menu. What the bloody hell did I do wrong? Is it a copyright issue? PT4 supports the option itself!!!
Any ideas?

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Wow. Sorry you have to deal with this. I know that in the recent news there were issues with big time poker vloggers having their content taken down, etc., with no real explanation. But I thought it was over, or at least some had been reinstated.

I would try taking it to the Twittersphere - tag @Youtube. It doesn't make any sense at all to me. :(

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Wow. Sorry you have to deal with this. I know that in the recent news there were issues with big time poker vloggers having their content taken down, etc., with no real explanation. But I thought it was over, or at least some had been reinstated.

I would try taking it to the Twittersphere - tag @Youtube. It doesn't make any sense at all to me. :(

Thanks for the virtual hug, hun! I will at some point. These days I am swarmed and I don't even have time to play! Today is just an exception.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The exact same thing recently happened to me, and I got the exact same emails. Nowhere does Youtube actually say, what we supposedly did wrong, and for me I can only speculate, that the problem is, I somehow created two different accounts connected to the same email years ago. I have only been using one of them, and the closed down one is the inactive one. So for me this is rather "whatever", but if you dont have another Youtube account, I suggest, that you make a new email and open a new account.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Howdy Chatters!
I missed this month's forum challenge, due to a very frustrating reason:

YouTube suspended my account permanently!

I recently received this e-mail from YouTube:

View attachment 263987

I was shocked as you can imagine and of course appealed via the link provided. In my appeal I clearly stated the truth which is that I used my YouTube account only to comment on poker videos - mainly for the forum tasks - and to upload poker hand videos via the incorporated in PokerTracker4 menu feature. I could not imagine how that was a breach of community rules! I pleaded with them to specify the infraction that lead to the ban.

Their reply was this:

Hello,
We have received your account appeal and will get back to you as soon as possible.
Sincerely,
The YouTube Team

And followed by this:

Hello,
Thank you for your account suspension appeal. We have decided to keep your account suspended based on our Community Guidelines and Terms of Service. Please visit http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines for more information.
Please do not respond to this email. Replies to this email will not be processed. Please refer to our https://support.google.com/youtube for more information.
Sincerely,
The YouTube Team

I tried one more time, in order to at least learn what my mortal sin was and they replied this:

Hello,
We have looked into your request and found that you have recently sent an appeal. Please wait for the result of your current appeal. If it has already been decided, please refer to that outcome. Note: You cannot appeal a second time.
Sincerely,
The YouTube Team

Period. End of story. I am supposed to have violated the guidelines, in a vague fashion with no specific accusation. Still, the verdict is final and I cannot create another account. Thus I cannot even take part in the forum challenge and I do not know what the F*$#@ for!!! Mind you that I only uploaded PT4 hand videos via the PT4 menu. What the bloody hell did I do wrong? Is it a copyright issue? PT4 supports the option itself!!!
Any ideas?

Yes, this sucks and, as Tammy said, it is probably to do with YouTube's recently adopted 'anti-online poker' stance...

DNegs had a load of videos taken down for just mentioning specific online-poker-related phrases (sorry I forget the exact words), he then started circumventing that by using alternative phrases (that meant exactly the same thing)... LOL :laugh:

It's possible that if all of your videos contained references to something they've prohibited, i.e. online poker, in their eyes you have just repeatedly 'spammed' violations.

This might be the cause of your frustration and their unwillingness to communicate effectively with you.

Sadfase. :(

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think, this is the case, because why then would they ban my inactive account but leave the account up, where I have uploaded poker videos from PT4? Also its a bit of a streatch to claim, that such videos with no audio "promote gambling". What I get from this is just, that Youtubes communication skills are non existent. You get more meaningfull answers, if you talk to your dog or a sack of cement :D:D:D

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Update:
Out of the blue, months later, without me making any moves, known lazy-ass sunnava, I received this:

Capture

No sense at all!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Youtube has it in its rules that gambling or anything related to gambling is not allowed on their platform and they must have mistaken your analysis with something related to gambling instead of educational advice.

There is no ban on "gambling" related content in the community guidelines of Youtube. There is something about sexual content, children and several other subjects, but nothing about gambling. Which would also be weird, since there are several professional and semi-professional poker related channels including the one run by CC, and these are obviously allowed to exist.

Also if you read their message to OP, they are not talking about "promoting gambling". They are talking about "spam, scams or commercially deceptive content". Which makes absolutely no sense at all, when all he uploaded were poker hand histories created by PT4. And I believe his story to be true, because I had the exact same experience around the same time with the exact same non sensical emails send to me.

I don't know if your community can help you with anything but if we can I will gladly support you on your way to getting your suspension lifted as soon as possible.

Since they did not even bother to give an actual explanation, when they refused the appeal, they obviously dont give a f u c k. The funny thing is, they are still showing me adverts for their rental movies or "Youtube premium", but if I then try to purchase one of these paid products, I am transferred to a page telling me "no access to a Google product, bla bla bla". So these retarded idiots have literally forced me to spend my money elsewhere :)

A

Alexandr_Gazarov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is YouTube. They don't like poker. Go twitch.