wildyetty

wildyetty

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK i just purchased PT4 and have 10k + a few hands

my vpip is 21.1% prf 12.63 and total agg bout 30%

are these in optimal range where should i look to improve}?

V

vwls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was about to suggest using the Leak Tracker tool that is included with Poker Tracker. Seeing as you posted this in the Tournament section, and since Leak Tracker only applies to cash games, I guess that wouldn't help you. I don't have any advice of my own, but this link could be relevant. The commenter says the following about why a tool such as Leak Tracker is difficult to apply to Tournament-structured games: "The problem with that is that you can't take each hand in isolation in a tournament - it very much depends on the situation and state of the tournament. Defining 'best' ranges for stats in such widely varying circumstances just isn't possible." This same logic may be applicable to defining optimal tournament ranges, in general. However, I am only speculating. I figured I would comment, since no one else has done so.

Lucothefish

Lucothefish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't look at my stats for MTTs.

Lucothefish

Lucothefish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What about other people's stats? What about STTs?
Yes I use other people's stats, but they are only ever a guide and are no substitute for paying attention.

I don't look at my own stats for STTs either. You've already said it, looking at stats is an exercise for cash games, not tournaments.

For a budding tournament player looking to improve they would be better off studying M zones and inflection points (aka how effective stack sizes dictate your play), as well as exploitative stealing and restealing based on ranges. For a turbo MTT player learning push/fold is a must, and STTs are a great way to get final table practice (because payout structures are always top heavy so you need to play for first).

With all that said, looking at OPs stats I could say maybe, maybe they're calling too much in the mid-late stages when they should be raising or folding.

wildyetty

wildyetty

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks guys and yes im pretty much just a tournament player, and was curious what part of my game i needed to focus on.

Thank you for the feedback